Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well the next room I want to hit is that music room to at least do a first pass on it. I see my boyfriend already cleared a path to the drums somehow and I sent a message off to the intern about the posters. Now I can at least try to put away some of the clothes in there and get the cables back into their drawers. We are both huge computer geeks so we have an entire chest of drawers in there full of power cables, network cables, phone cables etc. But at some point I got frustrated looking for something and just dumped them all out on the floor smile Time to get them back into their little homes ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
We go through our clothes twice a year and get rid of a lot of stuff that way.

I'm currently cleaning out a small area of my house once or twice a week. Usually a small bookcase - which I did yesterday - or a section of my basement. It's amazing how much stuff I've accumulated in the 10 years I've lived in this house. My main motivation is knowing I'll be selling the house next year. I really don't want to pack up and move stuff I won't be using...

Amoeba
Amoeba
Well it could be...Those Yorkshire lassies got everywhere, they were so thorough with housework. I even heard they used to polish the coal before it was taken up to the fireplaces.

I know many Dutch are extremely house-proud too, not all of them though. A bit like England, there were some areas that you just did not go unless you had nowhere else. They were verminous. Sadly enough many of these areas are becoming rat-infested slums once again due to overcrowding and bad planning. Too many people all living in one house.

I wouldn't be surprised if your grandmother didn't learn the saying from a Yorkshire housekeeper or maid, because even lower middle class families had servants in her day. It definitely comes from the northern counties.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I would so like to have a housekeeper smile I would treat her very well!! But it is amazing how much economies have changed in modern times - hiring a person like that is just so expensive.

I got the kitchen table clean of stuff finally, progress!!

My office is still filled with TONS of piles of paper though. I am just inundated with things to sort through. I should get a set of bins and at least organize them into general categories to start with ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I got some bins for my office and things are much more organized! There are still paper piles but now they're contained and much easier to work with.

I also got the basement slightly cleaned!! I really am making progress smile My next task will be to do a better job in the office, to get some of these paper piles smaller smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL I'm looking back at 2/28 when I said the kitchen table was clean of stuff. It is now COVERED with stuff already!! How does this happen??

On the up side, the downstairs Bowflex area is fully cleaned out and the Bowflex is useable again. Hurrah!! And both upstairs and downstairs are Roomba-capable which is making a big difference in general cleanliess. The paper piles in the office are much more under control, my desk is pretty much clear, and I did get through most of the "cable pile" in the upstairs music room!

Things are definitely looking much more manageable each day smile

Is anybody else making progress?

Low Carb Forum
Parakeet
Parakeet
I completely tore apart the bathroom today. It was way overdue for cleaning, and had gotten disorganized... again. There wasn't really any clutter to toss, but things had shifted and been left lying about until the counter, cabinet, and closet spaces were untidy and the space was not being well used. (In a tiny apartment like this, using every inch of storage to it's best potential matters greatly!)

So I hauled everything out to a folding table I'd set up in the living room, cleaned the room top to bottom, and put everything back in a neat, organized manner. I spent hours on it, working at an easy pace, being thorough with the cleaning, and putting some thought into the best arrangement of toiletries,cleaning supplies, and linens.

When I was done, not only had everything gone back into the room, but I had also opened up space in the linen closet to add a small laundry basket on the bottom. So we'll have no more little piles of clothes in the floor waiting to be taken to the bedroom baskets. A little mess prevention was a nice little bonus to gaining a shiny, organized bathroom.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow that is great!! So you gained space! Talk about a great bonus smile

My task for today is to get the kitchen table clean ... again ... smile

Update - Kitchen table is clean!! smile

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 03/06/08 01:09 PM.

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
Today is my catch up day. I need to do the bathroom, so that is going to get everything hauled out, then soaking the whole shapow with vinegar.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I did empty out some trash bins today so that was good. And the Roombas are running daily which is also good. Now I have to get the kitchen table clean (again) - but the basement is doing well and so is my office! So there is progress smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.