Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
I have a website that I designed using MS Frontpage. I need to find a new software to replace Frontpage and wonder if anyone has suggestions for an easy-to-use software. I don't want to re-create my pages so I would like one that will allow me to import my current website.

Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Rhonda,

Why are you wanting to change from MS Frontpage?

Evanne

Evanne - RV Editor
RV Site

Enjoy my online cooking class on wheels...it's delicious!!
RV Cooking Show
R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
I want to change for several reasons. 1) I am having problems uploading the pages and the problem seems to be related to the FP extensions. 2) Microsoft stopped making FP in 2006 so it is becoming obsolete.

I used it for years and loved it and would like to find a replacement that is as easy to use as MS Frontpage.

Tiger
Tiger
I'm fond of Dreamweaver. I use to use Frontpage until I started having similar problems and then one day it froze up on me and I wasn't able to use it. I'd never go back now.

When I started using it I borrowed a text book from the library on it which helped a lot. It's not a user friendly I guess as Frontpage but you should be able to plop your pages in relatively easily.

R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
I thought about Dreamweaver but heard that it was kind of difficult to learn. Which book did you use?

Tiger
Tiger
I tried looking for it at Amazon but didn't see it there. There's probably a newer version of it out. It was Macromedia Dreamweaver and it basically laid out how to use it from start to finish, everything was done in little segment so it was easy to look up stuff. I had only very basic html when I started using it. Whatever I learned from Frontpage.

R
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
R
Thanks Moe. I think I will give Dreamweaver a try!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I have tried/still trying CoffeeCup HTML editor as a replacement and it seems pretty decent. I code most of my pages in CSS/XHTML and only use the editors to get a preview. I have given up tables and I love it!

I have been using the replacement for FrontPage - MS Office SharePoint Designer as I am currently working on a SharePoint implementation and I have to say it is FrontPage on steroids! I didn't think it could get worse but yet it does.

Someone told me that MS is planning on coming out with a lighter FrontPage replacement (geared less towards SharePoint) but I don't know if that is true.

B
B
Thanks for sharing, I'll check this out.

Hi if it is not too late, try XSite Pro. It has a lot of great features and it is easier than Dreamweaver. I have put all my sites together with it. Have a look at www.yourpower2be.com to see what you can do with it.

zeriva discover your potential at www.healthwizard.yourpower2be.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.