Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Koala
Koala
J
Baltimore has a great ghost walk around Halloween. Edgar Allen Poe's grave is there and supposedly haunted.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
J
I've been on a ghost walk in Charleston, South Carolina. It was great, whether you believe in ghosts or not. Learned alot of interesting history of the buildings.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Charleston, SC is one of those places that is truly full of spirits. I can honestly feel them as I walk in the downtown area. You can feel them in St Augustine, FL as well, but it doesn't feel quite as "crowded." I'm a bit prejudiced on this as I'm from Charleston.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
A
A
Hi, I have never been on a ghost walk, but I have done some paranormal investigating. I have also lived in several houses with spirits. They never bothered me and I never bothered then. From time to time, they would let us know that they were there. I have been experiencing paranormal things since I was a child. We used to live in New Orleans. That was a very interesting place. I would love to go to the Myrtles plantation sometime as well as Charleston. I think that would be very interesting.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We did go on a "ghost walk" when we lived in Mt. Vernon, WA. It was put on by the high school in an old park on top of a very old residential area. It was quite spooky and we felt there were more spirits there than what the school had planned on.

Each group had to hold on to this long rope with the tour guide in front leading us and I could swear there a few unseen hands on that rope!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
This weekend I experienced again something my husband and I both experienced on the Ghost Tour in San Diego. On the 2nd or 3rd stop as we walked back to the Trolley, it felt as if the ground was gently rolling under our feet. I described it to my husband and he said he felt the same thing. The last stop was the Whaley House in the old town section. As we approached the porch, 2 very strange things happened. A teenager with his Grandfather got "stuck" on the 2nd porch step. He desperately tried to explain to his Grandfather that he just COULD NOT go in there. As a lady was approaching the front door, she cried out "Oh my God, it feels like the floor is rolling." My husband and I both sighed in relief that we weren't the only ones feeling this. The sensation returned as I walked past the display table in the court room within the Whaley house, and was very much stronger.

Saturday night we attended the midnight auction in the library at the Cherokee of GA tribal grounds. We got there late and were standing in the corner. For almost an hour the floor gently rolled under my feet. This time my husband didn't experience it. It's got me wondering who was in the library with us. I hope they enjoyed the auction as much as we did.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
S
Shark
Shark
S
I worked in a hospital for 15 years and I know it was haunted.
With the amount of people who die in a hospital building you know there are wandering souls. The elevators seemed to be the favorite place for them to ride up and down. Later when I delivered flowers for a living I tried to get on an elevator with a plant and the doors would open but it wouldn't go up. A nurse came by and she got in and it went straight up. When I got in again it still wouldn't go up. The plant I was delivering was for a lady who passed away that morning. Sounds weird but it did happen.

Oh my gosh! I forgot - when I worked in a convalescent hospital, back in the early sixties, I worked graveyard shift. There were only two of us on duty each night and about 40 patients who were all bedridden. At the far end of the long, long hallway was the "sun room" where the day nurses would take patients to in their wheelchairs. That room was haunted! At night all the lights were out except the nurse's station and dim lights in the hallways. We often saw ghostly shadows walking around in the sun room and we never went in there at night. One night I started down the hall towards the sun room because I thought I saw a man in his wheelchair going in to the room. When I got closer, he was gone! I forgat all about that till I read the above post.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I was a R.N. for 15 years, worked in 4 different hospitals, and every one was haunted. Especially at night! 11 to 7 or 7P to 7A was always the most active shifts for ghosts, but there was one who would show herself occasionally during the day.

I worked Pediatrics for a long time and one night a small toddler was sleeping alone in his room. (No parent with him that night) Sometime along about the middle of the shift his call light lit up. I thought he had just rolled over on it, so I went to check. It was hanging about 12 inches below his crib! Well, that spooked me but I just went back to what I had been doing, when a few minutes later the TV in the next room (which had NO patients in it) suddenly went on with the volume on LOUD!

At that point we called the orderly to come and check the whole unit with us. He thought we were crazy but humored us and came. Do I need to say that we found nothing out of order and no one else awake but the staff?

I don't thimk there's a hospital that isn't haunted.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
O.k. this is a good one and it's a fri. night smile

The first home I bought scared me half out of my wits. I was sleeping in the guest room b/c my husband at the time snored profusely and I felt the left corner of the bed sink down. I was still asleep so I just kind of kicked at whatever it was, but remembered it in the morning. We had a dog at the time so I assumed he must have gotten in.

The next day I asked if anyone had been in the room early in the am and nobody had. The door was shut so I started to think it would be awful hard for the dog to come in and close the dorr on the way out. This went on for about 3 more nights and finally I thought it was my brother. He was staying with us but had a room of his own.

One night I tucked the blankets in extremely tight - like surran wrap tight, before I got in. I'm a super light sleeper and kept a flashlight under the covers next to my chest for when it happened. It did, I woke and without breathing or hesitating, snapped the flashlight on and there was nothing. The door was closed as usual but there was one thing.

The covers were taken across my chest at an angle - a perfect angle like you'd see in a hotel when they take the bed down for you and the feather comforter had a huge dent in it at the corner of the bed. I heard a low conversation in the hallway between two people and thought for certain my brother had guests over, maybe they were drinking and wanted to sleep in the guest room.

At this point I was mad b/c house rules were that he couldn't have people coming over late at night. I whipped the covers off and went down the hall and suddenly realized it was absolutely dead - thick with quiet. I went from mad to a cold sweat, skipped scared and almost begged for my brother to be awake. I opened his door and he was sleeping like a rock. His breathing was deep and slow. I checked his lights and tv to see if they were warm. They were cold as ice and I was in desperate need of a new pair of shorts!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.