logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Koala
Koala
I decluttered my house and now I am eating a pumpkin pie! that and I have had the munches all week! I must have worked up an appietite! frown so much for the get decluttered and get skinny diet! lmao! It was a good theory though Just didnt work for me...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL well at least pumpkin pie is reasonably healthy - much better than candy or chocolate or something. Now to get you to transition to butternut squash or something as your treat smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
What is a butternut squash and how do you cook it? I tried the spaggettie squash but it was crunchy and kinda slimmy at the same time...yuck! and it had no taste! I would have had a carmal cake but the eggs were old.....I love Carmal but pumpkin is good too! wink

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Butternut squash is great! It's the long yellow squash -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
B
Koala
Koala
B
I love the shows Neat and Clean Sweep on Discovery Home airing on Wed nites. The host for Neat Helen is so good at what she does.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I know that when I don't even have the dishes done let alone all the other clutter I am more tempted to want to go out and eat! Thus expanding my waisline and shrinking my wallet, something that I am now working hard to do in reverse!

Marci Ann Peterson
Shark
Shark
Declutter, De-stress, and De-weight. Haha, that's a diet plan in itself.

If I took the time to go from the top of the house to the bottom, I'd be thin in no time. Just finished doing the living room, already I feel more relaxed and ready to go.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well definitely the more cluttered the kitchen is the less likely we are to take the time in there to cook something healthy. So I definitely think you're on to something there, Marci.

The kitchen is a mess right now, and the kitchen table too. I don't know how this happens. However the basement is in much better shape. Today's task will be to re-clean the kitchen table.

Low Carb Forum
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
So, it isn't the food I've been putting in my mouth that put on the pounds? (Just kidding!)

The problem is getting the family on board, too. Over the years, I go in spurts of cleaning and clearing -- and I discovered that as I eliminated stuff from my space, everyone else expanded their "stuff" to fill it up. In the end, I just had less space!

It's hard, too, when two pack-rats marry, and have a baby pack rat.

But any suggestions for getting others in the family on-board, too?

Zebra
Zebra
Well, Ms. A, you can try all sorts of trickes to get the family on board, but the easiest (and most peaceful) thing is to declutter the areas you care about, give them some space of their own (I shut my son's bedroom door for years, for example), and just do what you need to do to declutter your space (which might include the main living areas, too.)

You can try a yard sale and everyone gets to keep the money they make from selling their own clutter. (If they help with the sale! LOL)

You can get together and agree on clutter-free zones. But, again, you'll still probably have to take their clutter back to their area often until perhaps they get the message.

I have found it more peaceful to just compromise on what matters most. For instance, I have books and magazines that were always called clutter when I wanted everyone to clean up their clutter. I still have many of them. It's not clutter to me! LOL But, I would limit what I had in the living areas to what I called reasonable just to have everyone else pick up their socks and glasses and jackets.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.