logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Tiger
Tiger
Another scene I like is when Eowyn (?sp) and Pippin sneak off to battle. Eowyn is played by Miranda Otta who I've been watching in Cashmere Mafia and Starter Wife before that.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Isn't she great in Cashmere Mafia! I really dig that show! Her character is so very different from her LoTR persona.

I thought she a Merry made a great team - I loved when he came to her rescue when the Witch King was going to strike her down as she was protecting her Uncle.

I was so glad she and Faramir fell in love wink

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I adore the music, I have it all on CD and in my iTunes system.

We do quote the "Mines of Moria" phrase in that accent smile

"You Shall Not Pass!" is another favorite of mine. Although that segues into another of my pet peeves. Jackson felt it was VERY clear in that scene that the ledge Gandalf was clinging to was actively crumbling and that the reason he deliberately lets go is to prevent anyone from dying, too, by going out to rescue him. But I've talked with several people who thought the ledge looked nice and solid. It would have been so easy for the filmmakers to show little pebbles and fissures forming to make it nice and clear that Gandalf was deliberately sacrificing himself to save the others. But I suppose it's hard to think of everything smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I agree Lisa, they did make it look like Gandalf just sacrificed himself. With all the great special effects already in the movie, a crumbling ledge wouldn't have been too much to ask for. But you're right. It's hard to think of everything.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I wonder if this is an area where people who read the book knew what was going on so they made that leap of faith. The people I knew who hadn't read the book were confused, they didn't understand why the hobbits didn't just go out and pull him up, and thought Gandalf slipped because they were too slow.

Low Carb Forum
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Yes that bit where Sam carries Frodo is beautiful.

I find one of the funniest bits is at the deciding what to do with the ring. Elronds face when sam appears THEN pippin and merry is just so fun!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
One thing I missed from the book tho was Tom Bombadil. and the barrow waights. That was both amazing and scary. Tom could see frodo even with the ring on and it had no hold what so ever over him. Tho how they would have screened that, I don't know.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hmmmm. What did I miss. I didn't miss Tom ... I did miss the reclaiming of the Shire. I think that was an important part to leave out.

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
Personally, I didn't miss Tom Bombadil in the movies. I thought that passage of the book was somewhat boring.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I didn't miss Tom Bombadil in the movie until I read the book again, and I was like "Oh wow! I had totally forgotten about him."

One thing about the book, was that when Frodo left the Shire, it was at his leisure. They didn't seem rushed at all. The movie was all about getting out of there now!

Deanna Joseph

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.