Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Closets are so nice to have clean!! I have the bedroom closet done but have to do the office one. I'll bring a bin up with me as I go up to sleep, to work on that tomorrow! I see the sun coming up, I think it means it's time for bed smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Good Night! it is so strange, cos it is 11.30 in the morning here! So I have just cleaned my kitchen. Need to sort out my clean washing too!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well it's 6:44am here, so just dawn smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK today we cleaned out the downstairs closet! That was really in need of a cleaning. We're going to go through the shoe pile and donate a bunch to charity, too.

Of course now that the downstairs living room was cleaner my boyfriend decided he wanted to do some recording work (he's in a band) so the room is chock full of recording gear now smile

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes Lisa - we use this method with great success!

It's more rewarding too, isn't it?, to see one area which you know is done thoroughly!

Has anyone ever tried successfully or not to use a Rota? LOL

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
What's a rota? Like a measuring device?

We have actually made great progress since beginning this challenge, I am just so happy. I'm hoping that others are encouraged to take on even just one small area by reading this smile

We do have one "disaster room" left (well and the basement which is horrendous). We have a spare room which we call the "music room" which has his drums, my keyboard, and tons of other junk. You can't even walk in it. The main problem in there is the piles of posters which are meant for giveaways in this forum. Let me talk to my giveaway intern and get her working on those smile

Low Carb Forum
Amoeba
Amoeba
In Yorkshire this is called 'Bottom Out' If you were working in service in the old days and your mistress told you to 'bottom out' a room you knew you would be in for some heavy work. Everything would be taken out of the room and cleaned, the room would be cleaned and scrubbed and everything would need to be put back again. That was done on a rota throughout the year so each room would be 'bottomed out' at least once in six months. That is why domestic servants from Yorkshire and Lancashire were highly sought after...they really knew how to clean.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ah we *never* do that smile I'm lucky we get down to bare carpet in the entire room to steam clean it smile

Low Carb Forum
J
Koala
Koala
J
One of my New Year's resolutions was to clean out my bedroom closet and I finally did get to it about 2 weeks ago. My husband and I have separate closets and mine always seemed so much more full of "stuff" than his-lol. It's amazing how much better you feel to have a clean and organized closet.

Now for the junk drawers in the kitchen! That stuff hasn't seen the light of day since we moved in here 3 years ago!

Shark
Shark
This weekend is a deep clean weekend. We do this 2-3 times a year. Going to go through all of the clothing, get rid of what is not worn, what is too stained, and too small.

Same thing is going to happen in the kitchen and kid's toy boxes. I should really say 'toy closet'.

Fay- Funny you mentioned that about 'Bottom Out', my great-grandmother used to refer to it as that. She was dutch and english, I wonder if that was more common in the 1800's outside of Yorkshire? She would have learned it from her parents, I reckon.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.