logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
Parakeet
This is a good tip, Connidee. I'm so glad that you have found a remedy that works for you! But I would like to add an important note about ACV (apple cider vinegar.) For some people taking a tablespoon or two each day in warm water has a wonderful healing effect on heartburn. For others, it can cause a horrific flare-up. If you haven't tried the ACV, please start with a small amount. If it has a positive effect, try slowly increasing the amount. If it burns, try a different home remedy.

Also beware that tooth enamel erosion has been linked to long term ACV use, so to be on the safe side you can follow-up by rinsing your mouth out with baking soda and water to nuetralize the acid in your mouth. Good luck!

I will soon be adding an article on home remedies to my site. Please visit and get some great tips!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have heartburn on and off. The other night I had it, and suddenly craved milk. I'm not a big milk drinker, but I got myself a little glass and was surprised that it totally made my heartburn go away?

Hmmmmm.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Hi Deanna,

Like ACV, milk can have a soothing effect, or the opposite, depending on the person.

Small amounts of milk can act as an antacid, nuetralizing stomach acid. My motto is "always trust your gut," and yours told you that milk would do the trick for you. Good for you for listening! smile

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Deanna -

The reason Bailey's Irish Cream was developed is that people in England would mix milk and whiskey to soothe their stomach, the combination would coat the tummy and make it feel better. Bailey's found a way to get that combination to "stay mixed" which is their secret. Usually it would separate out when you store it. So if I get a stomach ache I'll have some Bailey's and it really does feel better.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Parakeet
Parakeet
Thank you Lisa, that would make perfect sense! Since alcohol can relax the LES the perfect way to counter it would be with the soothing affects of the cream. So if you already have a tummy ache, your Bailey's is "killing two birds with one stone."

(For me, I like a good White Russian! smile )

M
M
Heartburn is very annoying. I noted that I can get it after a large meal.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.