Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#379045 02/22/08 10:34 AM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I saw this tip in a magazine (can't remember which one). I can't believe I never thought of this before.

when bed sheets come out of the dryer, fold them and place everything that goes together in one of the pillow cases. This way the entire sheet set stays together and is ready when you wnat to put that set on the bed.

Am I the only one who has never done this?

Anyone else have any tips to make every day cleaning easier?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
Oh Duh! Why didnt I think of that?! I have a pile of fitted sheets and flats somewhere else and pillow cases and shames in a drawer and It never fails if i want this one I have to dige to the bottom of the other two to get what i want! Grrrrr I that would save space time and my sanity wouldnt it?

freespirit #380717 02/24/08 08:15 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I could never fold them that flat smile I fold the sheets into a squareish shape and then toss them into the top of the linen closet. I suppose I could *try* to get them flat but usually they just sit on that top shelf as a large squarish blob smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
Lisa, you can fold, then roll. I do that with towels and sheets. Then the sheets do not end up with too many creases.

Learned that from a military friend. I don't know if all branches roll their clothing, but this Navy friend did. Said it creates more room. I'm not sure how true that is, I've tried both rolling and folding, seems about the same.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I definitely roll my clothes when I pack for somewhere tight like a cruise, and it does make a big difference. I never roll my clothes at home though, I always fold the things that go into drawers.

I never thought about sheets having or not having creases - to me they're under the blankets and get all creased after the first time you climb into them. But I've never worried about square corners or anything like that either. The bottom sheet has elastics on all of our sets so they just get dragged on. For the top sheets the bottom two corners get jammed under the mattress and the top two corners hang loose.

Do people spend a lot of time on flat sheets?

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
Some people do. I cannot stand for my bedclothes to be crooked when I'm in bed. My husband laughs at me for this. But I have to have the sheets on as tight as possible or his bulk will twist everything to smithereens. He's a big boy!

As for creases, it only bothers me on guest sheets. I don't know why, because most people could care less what they're sleeping on, they're just happy that their host thought of having any sheets in the first place for them.

Man. I really need to get out more, don't I? LOL.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
This is to wash yellowed linens.. You can brightened them with denture-cleaning tablets. Dissolve tablets (according to package directions) in a sink or washbasin of warm water. Add the stained linens and soak until the discoloration is gone. Wash as usual. Works great!!! grin..!!

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
Gecko
Gecko
I'm a neat freak when it comes to my bed coverings. I try to only have one set of sheets out of the package at a time. Strip the bed, wash dry and re-apply. No folding will be necessary and my sheets will not have the wrinkles that would be there if they had been folded in the linen closet. Plus, they smell nicer fresh out of the dryer.

Last edited by msbaby; 02/26/08 08:15 PM.
msbaby #383274 02/28/08 06:22 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's an interesting thought - we have 3 sets of sheets and rotate through them. We have cats so we take off one set, put the second set right on and remake the bed so the cats don't get their fur all over the sheets. I suppose we could put the blankets back on to protect it while the sheets were being washed but we just do it this way.

My boyfriend is on the large side but for some reason we don't need to nail down the sheets, I guess we must not toss and turn much ... I like the sheets being loose, actually. Then I have two big fluffy blankets on top of them.

Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
you know As a massage therapist, I have always worried about what my sheets look like and my flat sheets are nice and perfect with even creases and everything but the fitted sheets are always wrinkled square blobs when I fold them and then on the table they are wrinkled....I have always been embaressed by my lack of folding skills! I traded out with a friend who has her sheets done professionaly and they were worse then mine!!! I thought Hey if the pro's sheets can look worse then mine then I dont have to be embaressed anymore! laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.