Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
"Rosie" #344571 09/28/07 11:03 AM
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Skyhaven:
You described IBS perfectly. Mine is of the spastic type. The pain is the most severe pain I have ever experienced, and I have had pain before due to accidents, etc. The spasms are so severe that I can't stand up and I feel like I am on fire. Only using the bathroom will relieve this - whether it be diarrhea or not.
I am taking antidepressants to control the pain receptors - it does lessen the amount of attacks but I still get them.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BillieCat #380647 02/24/08 05:25 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is off the subject a bit, but in regards to IBS (spastic colon type) do you notice emotional or sexual side effects? To me it seems to affect the entire person, if that makes sense.

I am doing some research now on the topic. I've found information linking breast feeding (timing of or lack of) to IBS as well as allergies. I guess the enzymes in the mother's milk binds with the developing enzymes in the new-born for long-term antibodies. That's why they give the baby to the mom right away.

A friend of mine is so miserable with their IBS they wondered if they found a lactating female would the darn thing just simply go away...lol. I know it's painstaking but it really does seem to be a dietary elimination process.

My friend wasn't breast fed as it turns out. Talk about a hard topic to bring up w/the P's... smile Does anyone have any over-the-counter remedies? I've heard aloe juice helps.

Elleise

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
Hi Ellise,

I suffered with IBS for many years, and it is finally nearly cured. I rarely if ever have the cramps and spasms and the constipation is gone. What worked for me was TMC (traditional Chinese medicine which dealt a lot with emotional issues.)

Emotional issues like chronic nervousness or worry absolutely affect colon motility. Beginning a Yoga class is highly recommended! Do read "The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz also. Pressure on the inner organs during intercourse can aggravate IBS as well, and feeling lousy in the abdomen can make you feel not-so-sexy.

There are many factors that contribute to IBS. The first place I would start is by taking 3 probiotic capsules per day, make sure you get 2 tablespoons of olive oil per day (I drizzle it on my whole grain rice) and 3 quarts of water per day.

For a while, stay away from whole grains (you will work up to eating them again!) and eat plenty of well cooked veggies. Stay away from insoluble fiber for a while, but take in lots of soluble fiber.

Fennel tea helps a lot, but drink it on an empty stomach - it doesn't seem to appreciate being mixed with food. If you can tolerate peppermint capsules, that can help too.

Another thing to consider is a vitamin B12 deficiency. Lacking in vitamin B12 can cause IBS like symptoms.

I will be posting an article on IBS soon - please do watch for it!

Shay

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.