Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK my house is a COMPLETE disaster, I have just spent too much time on the computer. Every room (and I mean every) is full of junk. I need to take control.

I challenge everyone here to clean just ONE area of their home each day. Don't even try to take it all on. My challenge for today is to just get the bedroom floor clean!! I have clothes I need to put away and haven't done it. So really! Right now! I am going to go put them away smile

What is your task for today?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I guess that would be the stack of dishes in the kitchen sink.

I'm the Cleaning Editor, but I have ten people living in one house. Yes, we get dishes stacked after meals!

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Now what is funny is I got distracted by my desire to get the movies off my cable recorder (Persuasion etc. from the Austen series on PBS) and onto my laptop so I can cut them to DVD. And I've been working on this ALL NIGHT LONG because my stupid Dazzle device that moves the video over will not move the audio over. So I've been upgrading and updating and reinstalling. I am going to try one more thing and then I will work on the clothes.

I *did* get the living room cleaned up a bit while I worked on this though smile

10 people in one house, wow!! We only have 2 smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I was motivated since I'd posted in the forum - I went upstairs and cleaned up the bedroom!! I can see the floor!! Now I'm charging up the Roomba up there and soon it'll go roaming around and vacuum it up for me, and tomorrow I'll steam clean it.

Progress!!

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I got the kitchen, but now it has to be done again. That is one area that never stays perfect.

You're teasing us with your Roomba, you know that?

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I'd like to hear more about the Roomba. Floors are my big downfall since I can't vacuum (health reasons)and getting my DH to do it is rather like pulling teeth. Specifically, how does it do on picking up fibers such as pet hair? Also, does it work well on hard wood and/or composite floors? Can it handle dust bunnies, even ones about the size of a T-rex?

Also, has anyone had any experience with that new Roomba that is supposed to mop?

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This will tell you how cluttered the house was - today I got the upstairs hallways clean so we can actually vacuum the hallways! Oh and also I cleaned out the entry area of Bob's office. The actual office area is his and it's a mess but that's his mess smile I have enough "real" messes that I'll leave that one alone.

The mop Roomba is several years old, that's the Scooba smile Yes we have that and it's *great*. But we haven't used in a while because the kitchen floor is covered with stuff smile That room comes later smile

The Roomba specifically is made for pet owners, we have two cats and it's *great*. We love it. They even have special pet brushes if you have a ton of pets (i.e. special rollers for inside the Roomba). It is very good with dust. It goes right under the futon, somewhere we had trouble vacuuming manually. It has a side spinny brush to get into corners.

Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
ok so now I am motivated! We cleaned the back bedroom that is like a second living room and we can now see the floor! I cleaned out my draws so that they all shut!! laugh I also cleaned out my closet so now I realize that My Fat Jeans are now My skinny Jeans and I need new cloths! frown that was depressing!
so today I am going to finish cleaning my closets and dust and vaccum the floor then clean the junk out of the bath room and the bed room!!! then on to the closet....tomorrow! lol dont want to over do it ya know!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Woo hoo! Seeing the floor is SO amazing smile We had to dance through obstacle piles in our house, I know exactly what you mean!!

Good for you for taking on the challenge!!

Hey we have forums for losing weight if you want, we can help you get back into those jeans smile

My task for today is to set the Roomba loose upstairs to get that new hallway floor clean - and then I have to get the second bedroom cleaned out a bit. My dad's coming over tomorrow and will stay overnight so I need the bedroom to at least be walk-inable smile

Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
I have tried every diet know and unknow to man and i just gain weight quicker on them all I cant even lose the weight and gain it back i just gain it.... laugh I think it is due to a hormone inbalence but until i can find a Dr. who will believe me when i say i dont over eat....it is pointless!

today I am re aranging dresser drawer! and I am still working on the closets in both rooms.... I cant reach the top part by myself so my tall hubby is GOING TO help me even if i havent informed him of this yet...lmao! laugh I love him!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.