Page 1 of 2 1 2
#377953 02/20/08 06:41 PM
A
AJ Hill Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
A
The new "Sarah Conners Chronicles" is absolutely top notch. Near movie quality in a TV series - it's their aim and they come pretty close. I love the name they've given to the "good" terminator!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I am enjoying it too, although I think Summer Glau is playing the protector a little too robotic. Well, maybe she improves, I'm still trying to catch up on the episodes on the TiVo.

Tiger
Tiger
IS she good. I'm trying to figure out what she's doing with the Brain cell of the terminator that she was suppose to dispose of.

I love all the characters although we're kind of frustrated by a few little changes like the fact that Sara died of leukemia in 1997 but the show's pilot opened in 1999.

I recently saw Summer in an Serenity and thought she was excellent.

A
A
Originally Posted By: M o e
I love all the characters although we're kind of frustrated by a few little changes like the fact that Sara died of leukemia in 1997 but the show's pilot opened in 1999.

They actually addressed that in the show, though maybe the dates were off. I don't remember when she was supposed to have died according to T3 but Cameron tells her she died of cancer and they skipped ahead in time to "skip" her death. Then she goes to get a checkup and the doctor tells her shes fine. Also, when they made the show they said they were skipping the events of T3, so just think of it as a sequel to T2.

While Summer plays the terminator very robotic, I think its perfect for the roll. I remember after the pilot people were saying she was a terrible actress, but she's doing it this way on purpose.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: nukegirl
I am enjoying it too, although I think Summer Glau is playing the protector a little too robotic. Well, maybe she improves, I'm still trying to catch up on the episodes on the TiVo.

Hi Helen, I thought she was playing too robotic too, especially considering that in the first episode, she successfully played a typical teenage girl when she met John Connor. She didn't become robotic until he figured out who she was LOL.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: angelamia

They actually addressed that in the show, though maybe the dates were off. I don't remember when she was supposed to have died according to T3 but Cameron tells her she died of cancer and they skipped ahead in time to "skip" her death. Then she goes to get a checkup and the doctor tells her shes fine. Also, when they made the show they said they were skipping the events of T3, so just think of it as a sequel to T2.

While Summer plays the terminator very robotic, I think its perfect for the roll. I remember after the pilot people were saying she was a terrible actress, but she's doing it this way on purpose.

I'm so glad they are bypassing T3. I was soooo disappointed at how that movie ended. I like happy endings!

And I love Summer Glau. I thought she was fabulous in both Serenity and the Firefly series.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: angelamia

Yeah, I saw all those episode. The time jumping happens in 1999, 2 years after she's already supposes to be dead so if they were going to "bypass" it then they'd have to have done it before she died. Having just seen t2/t3 just before the series started just makes the continuity things like that annoying.

I still like the show. HOPEFULLY, it won't get cancelled. smile

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
I'm loving this at the moment too. I normally hate it when an actor does a bunch of similar roles, but Summer Glau seems to do the-creepy-quiet-girl-who-is-a-secret-kicker-of-[censored]-role incredibly well in this and Serenity/Firefly, and I could happily watch her kick robot butt all day :-)

I am in blissful ignorance of any continuity errors, as its been a few years since I saw the Terminator films. I should think for real Terminator fans it is a small price to pay for the T's return - especially with the super production values!

Long live Sarah Connor Chronicles - just no one ask me to say it fast!

Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Lauren - British TV
Long live Sarah Connor Chronicles - just no one ask me to say it fast!

No kidding, talk about a mouthful. It's funny that they chose to name it after to her considering John is supposed to be the end all and be all of the future. When DH and I talk about it we shorten it to "the Conner Chronicles" to incorporate both of them. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed "Terminator 3?" I'm not sure I liked what they did to the mythology in that movie, but I did enjoy it on its own.

Tiger
Tiger
I liked Terminator 3. I thought the ending was especially good. I wasn't sure Nick Stahl was particularly heroish but he was still playing a young character. I thought he and Clare Danes had a good chemistry. Kristanna Loken was a particularly creepy machine too. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Okay... so I see Kristanna Loken was also in Painkiller Jane... I watched that show a bit last year (I think). I was kind of interesting, and I'd been trying to figure out where I'd seen here. Nick Stahl hasn't been in anything I've ever seen.

My hubby just told me he read that the Terminator series was going to be cancelled frown

Deanna Joseph

Tiger
Tiger
I can't believe we had the 2 hour season finale already. It's hard to figure out if Cameron is good or not. She seems more secretive than in the beginning.

I like the new Reese equation. I was never really a fan of Bryan Austin Green but I like this character for him.

Tiger
Tiger
Anyone else surprised by the ending? Will she or won't she be back.

E
Koala
Koala
E
Yeah, that one I did not see coming smile I hope she's back, I grew to like her.

Nick Stahl was a huge disappointment in T3 - I felt he played John too angsty and fearful compared to the way Ed Furlong played the younger John in 2. But now with the actor who plays him in the Chronicles, the difference between them is sort of closing - it's almost like we're seeing how John went from stroppy don't-give-a-s***, to more wary and occasionally slightly freaked out about the whole deal.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Tiger
Tiger
Did you all know that Terminator mom was the Gorgo Queen in 300? That totally flew over my head.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Originally Posted By: Bella_Deanna
Originally Posted By: nukegirl
I am enjoying it too, although I think Summer Glau is playing the protector a little too robotic.

Hi Helen, I thought she was playing too robotic too, especially considering that in the first episode, she successfully played a typical teenage girl when she met John Connor. She didn't become robotic until he figured out who she was LOL.

I love the human characters trying to 'teach' terminators how to be less robotic whether in the movie of tv version of the story.

It was good to read that Fox is picking up the show next season ~
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Helen - SciFi TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.