logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shark
Shark
In my opinion, Tina Fey was not at all advocating that women vote for Hillary because they're women, but I did enjoy someone on TV actually being for Hillary for once. I don't begrudge people their preference, but to me, when two candidates are as similar as Clinton and Obama seem to be on their views on the major issues, and it's a choice between possibly having the first-ever female president and yet another male president, it's a no-brainer. Plus, there's the fact that Obama is less experienced than Hillary, though not by too much. The last time the country picked someone without experience, we got Bush. That didn't work out so well.

The "Annuale" skit was quite funny - I had to watch it a couple of times because I enjoyed it so much. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Oh no!!! Not another political disaster ahead for us, is there? I have a friend who said the other day, "It's an Obamanation!"

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
J
J
Obama is not a man of principle. He is an opportunist.
He shows character of a person who exploits circumstances to gain immediate advantage rather than being guided by consistent principles.

A trail shows in his campaign strategy that urge Republican and independent to register as 1day DEM to vote for him. Of cause it's perfectly legal. But it's wrong in principle. That's why I have problem with trusting him.

If he gains vote in Texas by the sheer force of 1day-DEM Repug combines with his supporters, I have problem with the legitimacy of him claiming that he is the Democrat Nominee.

This what Obama put out to voter in Florida.
Supporters of Barack Obama re-register to the democratic party.

Rock the Vote!!

**Note** We are not trying to recruit for the democratic party. We just want to make sure that supporters of Obama are able to vote in the Florida Democratic Primary. We encourage returning to your former party after the Primary.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Just to present another point of view on this - I am a registered Republican (I actually would want to be libertarian but this is the best I can do as far as low government intervention goes). But in the primaries I voted for Obama because I feel the Democrats have a good chance of winning this year and if they do I would rather have Obama be our president. I know many Republicans who feel the same way.

So don't assume that Republicans vote for Obama because they think he will lose. Many vote for Obama because they really want to vote for him, they would rather have him than Hilary. I know many Republicans who very strongly feel that way.

Also for the person who said that Obama and Clinton are very similar, I don't find them to be similar at all. It all comes down to what your selection criteria is.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I heard that a TV show was showing pictures of the Presidential candidates homes, all very lovely - except Obama's was very rundown and had weeds all over the yard. Does anyone know if this is true or was it another media trick to sway people?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
J
J
i found your critique about Hillary moving to NY a bit puzzling. Before she moved to NY, she had been living in D.C. for 8 years. So they had to move to a new house after Pres Clinton term was over. Where do you think would be an appropriate state for her to go then? Arkansas perhaps. But she will win the senate seat so easily because it's her ground. But she moved to NY the red state, and win the senate. By doing that she proved that she can beat Republican in the race. IMHO, your critique is along the line of damn if you do and damn if you don't.

J
J
Phylis, I think you got the wrong house. Obama's house worth USD 1.3 mio and situate in the historic area of the city. It's a grand house.

Last edited by joeysky; 03/04/08 04:56 AM.
You know how you can tell when someone is lying to you . . .When hillary Clinton gives a speech she lies, Obama is mostly genuine. they would not make good running mates. Hillary clinton doesn't have any experience. The E word is an illusion. she has never done anything for anyone but her self. Everyone is using this whole experience campaign like Clinton is eleanor roosevelt or something... Yeesh, Honey I assure you she's not. I want a president who will think before they act much like they think before they speak. Hil isn't the one. Woman or not she just isn't right for the country

Last edited by medford; 03/06/08 04:43 PM.
Originally Posted By: LSUTiger00
Plus, there's the fact that Obama is less experienced than Hillary, though not by too much. The last time the country picked someone without experience, we got Bush. That didn't work out so well.

By that comparison bush had as much experience as clinton. . . So tell me again how well you think bloodline experience works out in the office of president? and what is this experience? Experience working with people and meeting there needs and maintaining a positive image in the eyes and minds of everyone you work with and not killing any body or doing any thing under handed in office? . . . confused

Thanks for clearing that up Joeysky, about the house!

I think Obama and Clinton might go on as running mates when one loses. What do you think?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.