Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
So you think if he was asked to be a VP he'd turn it down? Wouldn't he rather at least try, rather than just give up? I wouldn't call it humiliating to try your best to do something you felt was right ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If I ever jumped parties, this would be the year. I defintely don't think Obama has the experience and am skeptical about his background. Hillary will probably alienate too many democrats. So I may just vote republican.

C
Gecko
Gecko
C
I'm not sure. The thing is, if he tries again as VP and loses, he'll look like the kiss of death. I think Attorney General would be a better fit for him. Just my 2 cents. smile

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Shark
Shark
I don't know about this. I've always thought the neither Clinton or Obama would 'settle' for VP but after watching the debate the other night and seeing how cozy they were I began wondering.

I agree that no matter what the order a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket would be a winner. For some reason I think that ticket would outdo the Right coming out to vote. I just don't know if either one of them is willing to take 2nd place.

I like them both although I really was (am?) hoping for a Hillary win. I won't be disappointed either way though and that is so nice for a change! It's really great to have two great candidates from which to pick!

P
P
Clinton

She is a proven leader. Obama is a proven rhetoritician.
Hillary has democratic support, Republican support and Independent's. I know Republicans and Independents who support her. The Republicans that I know that voted for Obama plan on switching to McCain in the fall. If you want to say pay equity and improved laws for women and families, I would vote Hillary. She has worked with the Reublicans for 7 years in the Senate and has had results.

K
K
The idea of galvanizing the Republican party is a myth. The Republican party is terrified of Hillary. So terrified, in fact, that local branches of the party have actually been encouraging its members to vote for Obama in open primaries. Think about that for a second. Why would they be helping Obama to win if they wanted Hillary to be nominated? They're playing us for fools.

Parakeet
Parakeet
It's my understanding that Edwards actually WANTS to be Attorney General and has said so to Obama and Clinton. I'm betting that if either of them take the White House, that's the job Edwards will get.

And he's still a fairly young man, who is well-liked. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pursue the Democratic nomination again in 8 or 12 years.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
M
M
Originally Posted By: Cherry Red
I voted for Obama with someone else. For as much as I love Bill Clinton and how much better off we were when he was president, I think the Right will come out in droves to vote against Hillary. It can't be risked. We must take our government back.

You are voting for Obama for fear of what the republicans will do to Hillary? Are you kidding me?
Would you marry someone you didn't love, because you fear that the person you do love will die?
As non-sensical as my example may sound, that's exactly what your reasoning for supporting Obama over Hillary sounds like to me!
This is our time! The Clinton years were the best years in my memory! Our nation was strong, new jobs were created, we were held in good standing by the rest of the world, and our country's budget was balanced!!! WHY HAVE WE FORGOTTEN THAT?
I really believe that many of us need to examine the possibility of our own mysogynist beliefs. I can't think of any other reason why women, especially, have turned on Hillary.

Last edited by Maggie Menchaca; 02/25/08 02:42 AM.
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Maggie,
I haven't forgotten anything. Since I like them both about the same, I went for the one who I felt had the best chance of being elected. It was a strategic vote. ANY Democrat is better than McCain. He scares the hell out of me.

And I didn't "turn" on Hillary (or women), I did what I felt was best for my party at this precise time in history.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Gecko
Gecko
I'm going with Hillary, she has the experience. For me I never even thought about any of the candidates as man/woman or anything else. I was very lucky to be able to actually see Hillary, she came here to our little town and I loved every minute of it. She is very gracious, after her speech she did take questions and of course there was a woman that either drank her lunch or just needed someone to talk to and Hillary did not interrupt her, she listened, she hugged, it was really exciting, No this is not the only reason I will vote for her if given the chance. In my little opinion we really need someone who knows the ropes RIGHT NOW. I'm not saying Obama is not smart, I just think he will have to have time to learn everything and we don't have that luxury, we need someone who knows what button to push etc.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.