Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#376408 02/17/08 01:40 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Anybody out there looking for a specific recipe? Or how about learning a technique used in Mexican cooking? Post your ideas here!

Susan Stewart
Mexican Food
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Years ago I found a great recipe for chile rellonos but have lost it. Do you have one. The resturaunts around here do not make them right and I am soooo craving one. The El Burrito in Campbell CA used to make them and they were fantastic! If I could have just one, cooked the right way, I would be ever so grateful! I think they should be soft and smothered in cheese and a mild sauce. Do you have a recipe for that?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the request! I'll do some investigating as there are recipes for chile rellenos Mexican-style, Tex-Mex style, and I have a recipe for an easy chile relleno casserole that makes a great brunch entree. I'll have a 'Chile Rellenos' article posted this week.

Susan Stewart
Mexican Food
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I want to learn how to make a Mole sauce. I have never eaten it but the concept sounds delicious. I did try it once with recipe that I found on the Internet and it was not so good - could have been me or the recipe there are thousands out there so it is hard to pick one.

Of course, you might already have a recipe listed so I am heading over to check out your site.

[Update] - Went to your site and lo and behold! right there on the featured list - Mole recipes! grin I will give them a shot as soon as can!

Last edited by Allison_PCAdvice; 03/02/08 01:40 PM.
Thank you, Susan. I look forward to reading your article!

Last edited by Phyllis NatAmEd; 03/03/08 08:17 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, there was a great sweet recipe I saw on PBS, but didn't write down the recipe. I don't know if it was Mexican or from Puerto Rico though. It was a caramel type dessert using condensed milk, mixed with sugar or caramel and baked.

All in all, some simple mexican desserts would be great. And I will check your page out to see if there are any there!

Thanks for asking.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I would love some tips on making flour and corn tortillas. I have tried to make flour tortillas many times but I just can't get it right.

S
OP Offline
S
Check out the article tomorrow - Basics of Mexican Cooking - corn and flour tortillas!

Susan Stewart
Mexican Food
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Great article, Susan. I can't wait to try them again. I will let you know how it turns out.

Here's the link to the article for others who are interested:

Basic Mexican Recipes - Tortillas

S
OP Offline
S
I'll be sure to include some dessert recipes in the near future! Here's an adaptation of a caramel custard recipe you might like to try:
Recipe: Caramel Custard serves 3-4
Ingredients: 2 and half cups milk
6 T sugar, divided
2 eggs
1 slice bread
1 t vanilla extract
Method: (1) Caramelize the sugar in the pan in which you want to make the custard. To do this, pour the sugar into a cold pan and add a small amount of water and stir, to get the sugar to the consistency of wet sand. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently. Scrape down the sides of the pan frequently, and wait until the sugar begins to dissolve in the water. It will then form a clear syrup, known as simple syrup. Keep stirring the mixture until it reaches a boil, then stop stirring. The caramel will turn light amber at first, and will very, very quickly darken to bronze. Remove from the heat BEFORE it gets to dark, as it will continue cooking in the pan. Pour into the bottom of the pan you ill use for the custard. (2) In a saucepan, scald the milk. Dissolve 2 T sugar in the milk and crumble the bread into it. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. (3) Blend the milk with the eggs and vanilla and pour the custard into the pan with the caramel (4) Bake in a bain marie ( a double-boiler set-up - I use little ceramic cups for my custards and set them in a casserole pan with about an inch of water) for 30-40 minutes until a knife comes clean and the custard is set. Check the water level occasionally and add as needed. (5) Chill for a few hours and then upturn into a serving platter.

Susan Stewart
Mexican Food
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.