Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I do use lesson plans... but I go through a charter school, and they give me funds to use so I can pick and choose as I please. I like having the guidance because I feel I have so much going on, the lessons keep me on track. And my kids help me pick... so they enjoy what they do too.

Homeschooling rocks!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Anita -- we aren't members of a co-op, but briefly (then moved a month or so into it) tried one in VA. In FL, one mom kindly ran a high-school level literature discussion group, which we enjoyed participating in, and I did some logic stuff with a small group who were interested. But nothing formal.

Where we live now, there really isn't anything for older kids in that vein. A couple co-ops are trying to get worked out and off the ground, but I think they are better suited for the younger set. And ds is about to graduate. I often feel like I have one foot in each of at least three worlds. (I realize I must look funny with at least three feet!)

Amoeba
Amoeba
Cela--

Yes, you can really be as flexible as you want using Sonlight. People are all over the map on what they think about it, but I have found that the company itself is very easy to work with and very supportive of doing what's best for your family.

I just can't say enough about the literature they offer. Being a bit of a "classics" snob, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading books to the kids that I never picked up when I was a kid or would have incorporated into my own lesson plan. We just finished "Across Five Aprils", for example, where I learned more about the Civil War than I ever did in my own studies. ;-)

One of the things I love best about Sonlight, besides having it all laid out for me, is that it's intellectually honest but with a Christian worldview (so at the very least our faith isn't ridiculed--at the same time, it shouldn't be held up without a blemished past, if you know what I mean); Charlotte Mason with a bit of classical thrown in; lots of great literature and reading; a bit of unschooling for good measure; and incredibly supportive with what I think are some of the best homeschooling forums around!

I've also heard that Tapestry of Grace has great reading lists, although I've never personally explored them.

:-) Cate

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.