logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I've been watching Donald Trump's Celebrity Apprentice from the beginning. The women aren't doing so well. I'm surprised and it doesn't look like it's getting any better.

Why do you think the women are losing so badly?

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I've been watching too and I'm disappointed the women keep losing. But on the bright side, they won once.

To me, they don't use their celebrity enough. The men flaunt it.

The women also seem to have a difficult time asking their spheres of influence for money. The men are more "gutsy" about taking on the tasks.

I'm not sure what to think - these are smart business women.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I agree with what Sunshine said.

I think 's hard for them to use their celebrity and ask for money. The men seem so laser-beamed focused on the task of making money and winning.

What do you think? smile

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
They won once but that was when they had a man on the team. It was his idea to use Carol Alt as the spokesmodel and Omarosa took credit for that.

Omarosa is holding that team back, I believe. Trump only brought her aboard for "good television". She should have been gone the second week.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
The women celebrities are all successful business women. But, they do have managers, agents, etc to help and guide them in real life.

Do you think women really think so differently than men in business? Is Vince right? The only reason the women won their one and only task was because there was a man on the team?

I wouldn't like to think that was all true.

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
It does kind of suck that they had a man on the team for their first victory because now you won't know if it could have been done on their own or not.

Would Omarosa have picked Carol Alt to the spokesmodel? Do you think Omarosa is holding her team back to satisfy her own ego?

I thought for sure that they would have won the matress/romance one because I can think of greater romances than Marc Antony and Cleopatra. They could have done something with Romeo and Juliet and the death scene on the comfortable mattress.

My wife and I were both shocked when the men won that challenge.

The women did make dumb mistakes in past challenges like having David Hyde Pierce standing there with a baseball cap on and the Playboy model not calling Hugh Heffner during the Broadway ticket challenge. I can understand that she wanted to wait for another challenge but that was pretty presumptuous of her thinking that she was going to make it to further challenges and I believe that Trump fired her to prove a point.

Sharon, I think women think differently than men in business but that is a good thing. There are plenty of ideas in business that need a woman's touch or a women's point of view. I believe that women are just as brilliant as men in the business world and the only difference is that it is engrained in men since childhood to be business thinkers because they are stereotypically the bread winners and the archaic thinking of women are supposed to be at home taking care of children and running the household.

That is changing though as more and more women are becoming doctors and teachers and business owners than there were twenty or thirty years ago. Today's young women are being taught that they should be self sufficient and not to depend on a man for their basic needs.

When I was a kid in school it was girls who took Home Economics and guys took shop classes. Girls were taking typing classes and learning short hand to learn how to become secretaries and not business owners or business presidents.

That is all changing now and pretty soon the male business owner or the male company president will become fewer and fewer or there will be just as many women in power positions as there are men.

Don't let a show like the Apprentice feed a stereotype that men are better in business. After all, it is a reality television show and things are done a certain way on these shows and edited a certain way for good television.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you start to see the women start winning challenges over the next couple of weeks if not for the rest of the season in the name of good television but they will have to stay away from dumb mistakes for that to happen. Remember on the challenges with the winners being the ones with the most money, the men haven't had that much more money than the women. I think they were right around a thousand dollars or less.

Sorry for the lengthy response and I hope I made sense to you.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I think that the women have done just as well as the men. As Vance said, the challenges have been very close. The women just need to step it up a notch. I thought the women had the better display in the mattress challenge. The only reason that they did not win is that they had their mattress covered up and you could not see the brand. The men kept their mattress bare.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Who thinks Omarosa needs to go?

I was embarrassed my her actions. Women don't have to resort to such dirty tactics to win at business. And yet, the team won.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I loved it that the Donald couldn't fire anyone on the losing team last week. Omarosa does need to go. I don't really care for Piers(sp?)either but the things she said to him were just over the line.

I know she was just trying to get a rise out of him but she didn't and shouldn't have said the things she said to him.

Her fifteen minutes has long been up but unfortunately, she is the type of person who will wind up with a talk show or something next fall.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Marilu got eliminated tonight. I cannot believe that Piers and Omarosa are still hanging on like a bad cold.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.