Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: kristen houghton
I did a research paper on the history of abortion. Thank God it is legal.

Wealthy women have always had the means to have safe abortions; it was always the lower socio-economic groups of women who had back-street abortions and who died horrible deaths from septic infections or who bled to death. That research opened my eyes to the desperate women whose lives were dictated by religion oriented society. Remember that same society once even forbade birth control for the masses. But, again, the wealthy were always able to get it.

Do you really think that overturning Roe vs Wade would stop women in desperate situations? No, it wouldn't, it would just force them to go back to "butchers."

As for God, don't assume you know God's mind or depth of compassion. Honestly, I am sick of people "quoting" God as if the celestial phone number is on the speed dial of their cell phone.

Good for you, I totally agree with you. I don't think the people who want Roe V Wade thrown aside really care about the women who are desperate, they just want to cram their beliefs on other people.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
Originally Posted By: Horses Editor
It just means a woman has the right to choose pro-life or pro-choice.

Am I wrong that is what pro-choice is?

A woman's right to choose one or the other?

I think I have been naiive about what the meaning of pro-choice is. Or that it has somehow changed over the years...

Pro-choice means that you support the choice between a woman giving birth to her child or having it aborted.

C
C
[/quote]

Good for you, I totally agree with you. I don't think the people who want Roe V Wade thrown aside really care about the women who are desperate, they just want to cram their beliefs on other people. [/quote]

The people who want ban abortions are doing so because they want to give a voice to the unborn children who are being killed for being an �inconvenience� This issue has nothing to do with beliefs, abortion is a real act of killing unborn children. Abortion just goes against common decency and the right to live your life. If you have convinced yourself that abortion does not terminates the life of an unborn child, than I can see why you think that abortion is just a simple little procedure to get rid of a small growth. Convincing yourself of this does not make it true.

C
C
Originally Posted By: kitty12v
Adamant pro-life people, have you ever met a rape victim? can you say it to the woman's face, in her tortured eyes, that she should NOT have the right to abort that thing in her? It's not just 10 months of inconvenience. What a huge understatement!

A woman is not a breeding machine. After giving birth, she would still remember it, that she carried that reminder of the rape living inside her. You call that simple inconvenience?!

it is easy to have an abortion when you can call an unborn child a �thing" Remember you were once a "thing" too. It is not the fault of the child that the mother was raped. don�t you think that you are being a bit prejudice of the unborn child, you have labeled it a "thing" because of the circumstances surrounding its conception. Are you saying that in order for a child to be a legitimate child it has to be conceived under certain circumstances.

C
C
Alexandra,

The constitution is NOT based on being given freedom of choice in every area. The constitution is there to protect the rights of people -- and the specific rights enumerated in the beginning are the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Notice that the first right listed is the right to life.

We also assume that the constitution would not give someone a choice to rape -- since that rape would deprive another person of her/his basic right.

In the same way, the constitution would not the defend the right of one person to take the life of another, without due process.

C
C
ProChoice means that one supports women's choices to gestate, gestate and adopt out, or abort.

C
C
Originally Posted By: Alexandra
Yes, but it starts before then...She can choose whether to indulge in safe sex or not... She can choose whether to take preventative measures, or make sure the man is doing so...
Leaving aside the more sinister and "violent" ramifications of this comment, in this instance, assuming this is under normal circumstances, nobody is obliging her to make love or have sex at that moment.....

Agreeing to sex is not agreeing to pregnancy. If you drive a car, you might have an accident. Doesn't stop you from driving, does it?

C
C
Originally Posted By: calrico
Alexandra,

The constitution is NOT based on being given freedom of choice in every area. The constitution is there to protect the rights of people -- and the specific rights enumerated in the beginning are the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Notice that the first right listed is the right to life.

We also assume that the constitution would not give someone a choice to rape -- since that rape would deprive another person of her/his basic right.

In the same way, the constitution would not the defend the right of one person to take the life of another, without due process.

What does any of what you said have to do with safe and legal medical abortion?

Parakeet
Parakeet
It is not the fault of the child that the mother was raped. don�t you think that you are being a bit prejudice of the unborn child, you have labeled it a "thing" because of the circumstances surrounding its conception. Are you saying that in order for a child to be a legitimate child it has to be conceived under certain circumstances.

I know I'm jumping into this conversation pretty late, and I apologize in advance for my comments, because on such a "hot" topic as this, anything said will offend SOMEONE.

But this comment bothers me. Yea, I was once a zygote. My parents wanted me to grow out of that phase, so they let it happen. But a rape baby? That's a baby that isn't wanted. That's nine months (assuming immediate post-partum adoption) that the rape victim spends nourishing, nurturing, and suffering permanent bodily changes for someone else's crime. And that's the rest of her life knowing there's a person out there (or in her own home, if no adoption takes place) who was conceived with hate, violence, and a forced sperm donation against her.

What woman could live like that? What woman would want to? I'm sure there are a few brave souls out there who can and have, but the majority of women cannot fathom punishing themselves for the rest of their lives for someone else's crime against her. Not to mention giving birth to a living, breathing, product of such a crime. I sure as H311 couldn't do it if I were ever in such a situation. If no Plan B or abortion were available, I would not live the full nine months. I wouldn't want to.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
C
C
Originally Posted By: myrabeth
It is not the fault of the child that the mother was raped. don�t you think that you are being a bit prejudice of the unborn child, you have labeled it a "thing" because of the circumstances surrounding its conception. Are you saying that in order for a child to be a legitimate child it has to be conceived under certain circumstances.

I know I'm jumping into this conversation pretty late, and I apologize in advance for my comments, because on such a "hot" topic as this, anything said will offend SOMEONE.

But this comment bothers me. Yea, I was once a zygote. My parents wanted me to grow out of that phase, so they let it happen. But a rape baby? That's a baby that isn't wanted. That's nine months (assuming immediate post-partum adoption) that the rape victim spends nourishing, nurturing, and suffering permanent bodily changes for someone else's crime. And that's the rest of her life knowing there's a person out there (or in her own home, if no adoption takes place) who was conceived with hate, violence, and a forced sperm donation against her.

What woman could live like that? What woman would want to? I'm sure there are a few brave souls out there who can and have, but the majority of women cannot fathom punishing themselves for the rest of their lives for someone else's crime against her. Not to mention giving birth to a living, breathing, product of such a crime. I sure as H311 couldn't do it if I were ever in such a situation. If no Plan B or abortion were available, I would not live the full nine months. I wouldn't want to.

Reply: I would abort the spawn of a rapist in a New York minute.

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.