logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
While our reading tastes may change or vary with time, I wonder if our tendency to favor specific settings does as well. In your historical romance reading, what is your favorite setting? Has that always been the case, or does it change?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I've always said I think I must have lived in England in another life, but when I'm reading historical romances, I'm a huge Scotland setting fan. From Outlander to Terri Brisbin's historicals, and, geez, way more than I can possibly think of at the moment, Scotland provides, for me, a truly romantic setting.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I used to read novels about England too but recently, after a trip to Washington Dc and Williamsburg, I've become a fan of Colonial settings. I know it's not a really popular time for authors to write about but I love the time all the same.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I'm a Regency fan. Always have been - and they are my first pic for any romance novels. I started with the best - Georgette Heyer, but have discovered a whole world of great Regency authors out there.

Second favorite would have to be medieval (including Tudor and Elizabethan).

My only bugbear, is that there seem to be a lot of authors who don't do enough research. But then, it could be because I'm a historical re-enactor, I have a lot of knowledge. But it does bite when something is so obviously wrong and/or out of place - perhaps not because of lack of research (could be because what is in sells better, or the author doesn't care).

Megan McConnell
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I always love medieval England. I do adore the Jane Austen books for regency and have a full regency outfit now. I have several medieval outfits, I was in the SCA for several years.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
I have always been fascinated with ancient Egypt, maybe I had one or a few lives during that time or maybe it is just the part of human history I love the most.

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Bandana Essentials
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/29/24 05:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.