Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Koala
Koala
B
Our cat loves lunch meat, especially roast beef and then turkey and ham. But it is the good stuff and not the cheap stuff since I bought the small bags and he walked away so I gave it to the other feral cats outside.

My son Nick gives him goldfish crackers and he has had a piece of cheeseburger from BK a few times. Otherwise it is dry food and a variety of it, like kitten chow, whiskas, kibbles n bitts, meow mix, etc.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
Shark
Shark
W
I know someone who will only feed her cat cooked shrimp.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

S
Shark
Shark
S
Mine get Eukanuba and the ocassional bit of cooked fish.

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Denise - that's interesting? Wouldn't a cat get nutritional problems if all they ate was shrimp?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I would think so, I know that a diet of 100% fish is bad for cats, it doesn't give them some necessary nutrients and they end up with neurological problems.
I have trained my 2 from weaning to enjoy different kinds of cat food. I always have at least 3 different flavors/brands going so they don't get the same thing 2 days in a row. I learned to do this after seeing a friend's cat prefer to go hungry if the favorite food wasn't available. Cats can get SO picky if you let them! Of course, now if I give mine the same food as yesterday they look at me in disbelief, but they end up eating it.

W
Shark
Shark
W
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified about the shrimp cat.
Now I don't agree with this either- The feeding has evolved this way over time. She started with all types of canned food, cat got finicky. It also likes fresh beans as a treat, which is interesting. But I think the cat must also get dry food, I just don't remember seeing it. It is five years old and fine. Vet knows about it too.

The owner is an older person who also has strong opinions so one can recommend the "correct" advice until you are blue in the face and it gets you nowhere. Discussing cat food opinions are as varied as discussing politics sometimes.

WestCoastDenise

L
Shark
Shark
L
I read that cats actually will not eat fish or seafood unless they have had it as kittens! Of course i also read a study done at Harvard says cats cannot taste sweet things--which I do NOT believe (why else would anti-freeze be such a danger?)My Myssi loves sweets and it is not because of the texture or flavors it is just because they are sweet! She licks the icing off cakes and knocks the lid off the sugar bowl--had to get the kind that screws on because I was afraid it would make her sick.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
W
Shark
Shark
W
I don't think I'd have your Myssi around when I'm making a cake. She'd have to compete with my hubby. :-) I tried to share a popsicle with my girl cat last night, she didn't go for it. Afraid her tongue would get stuck or something.

WestCoastDenise

Elephant
Elephant
I agree. They taste sweet. Also my cats were weaned on fish. I would cook tuna, cod, talapia, perch and salmon for them.

I cannot cook salmon without our Izzy and Azrael running and begging for some LOL

Of course Izzy also loves her chicken.. fried chicken, crack chicken (chinese chicken wings you never can get enough of) or her bbq'd chicken.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
W
Shark
Shark
W
Jason - I want to come to your house to eat. Your cats get all the stuff I like. :-)

WestCoastDenise

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.