logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Every character has his/her moment, his chance to prove he/she is the hero. Since i have engineered quite a few myself, and being one for sob stories i would like to hear the moments of greatness of other people. I promise when you have started I will share some defining moments of my players exploits.

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Well, my characters tend more toward comedic moments than heroic ones, for some reason, but one was a ranger type in a group that had managed to get suckered into a trap by a shape shifting dragon.

So they'd followed a halfling into a cave, only to find themselves trapped in the cave with a very angry dragon blocking the only exit. There was much running and shouting and generally useless actions, with the group's one fighter trying vainly to get in a good shot with his sword. A distraction was clearly called for, so the ranger used some rope he had to create a lasso, and neatly settled it over the dragon's neck.

Said ranger was not going to be able to hold the dragon's head down, but the distraction allowed the now blessed fighter to land a critical hit to the dragon's underbelly as it reared up, and the fight was over.

In another genre, I was playing a bureaucrat at a top secret research facility that had been taken over by spies. The facility dealt with mind transference, and everyone inside quickly found themselves inhabiting the bodies of monkeys and rats.

Many escapes and escapades later, my character is the first to be returned to his own body, and has to hold off the spies at the door while the others switch back. He has a pistol, but can't bring himself to shoot through the door (do you know the paperwork filed to replace a door!?), so instead he uses the best skill he has, intimidation, throws open the door and treats the spies to a long tirade on how dare they take over his facility, etc.

Nearly no hope of it succeeding, of course, but then I roll two critical successes in a row. The GM had little choice but to rule that I'd completely intimidated the spies.

Still mostly comedic, but also heroic in its own way.

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
OK since nobody else took the chance to glorify his character's exploits here is a small list from a not so powerful but quite sadistic gm.

- Please bear in mind that there is a high lethality rate in the d10 system and the social structure of the world is based in fudal japan -

A shugenja ( magician/priest) is confronted in public by a very angry, very sad and very very drunk unicorn shugenja whose bride-to-be died because the player was unable to save. The pc decides to "take the public bitting", which translates in him becoming dishonored, instead of engaging him in a duel that he could easily win, with a side effect of making relationships with the unicorn worse than they already were. On the plus side the player rolled a few 10s so he did not scream in pain, keeping his dignity and gaining the admiration of the crab nps that were on the scene.

The party is stuck in the shadowlands after performing scouting duties for the crab clan. They are chased by some very very angry dark moto ( trust me you do not want to go up against them even when they are calm ). The most skilled fighter of the party - a rank 3(=lvl 9+) lion samurai makes the hard choice to stay back and slow the quartet of cavalry who had being chasing them. He screams to the rest of the scouts to flee and then finds a rocky, tight spot. Risking the shadowlands taint he cuts his hand and sprays his blood on the rocks so the dark moto ( who can sniff a scent a mile away ) might be drawn to him and not his friends. After a successful ambush ( he threw a big rock on one pinning him on the ground,fell on the second guy unhorsing him, killed a third ) and forcing the fourth to retreat he is encountered by The Dark Daughter of Fu Leng ( you might have heard of him, the world isn't a constant apocalypse because he slumbers. oh he is also the coolest evil god out there. period). Sensing his strength she gives him a choice : join her father's forces willingly or join as one of the undead. The character- being an honorable lot - declines and is attacked by her - normally not a contest - he manages to actually hit her by the skin of his teeth. Never before having experienced pain the DD flees and he is able to continue his way to safety..

More stories when i see more replies...Come on people you read but do not write...please !!!!!

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Shark
Shark
Here's one from the mists of time, back in my AD&D days in high school.

The group had been trying to track down whatever was destroying outlying farmers in a small kingdom, when they come across a metal contraption that shoots fireballs out of a barrel (e.g. a magically created tank).

They tried nearly everything, and nothing had any effect. So the wizard of the group does an amazing dodging run, getting right up in front of the barrel, and tosses a fireball into it.

The tank blows up very prettily. Unfortunately, that wasn't the last one, and the makers quickly make sure the barrels would deflect spells like that in their new designs.

The next encounter, not finding any weaknesses, and the barrels now repelling fireballs, the fighter throws himself under the tank to see what's underneath (allowing it to roll over him). He locates an access hatch, clambers aboard, and manages to take over the tank.

We had great fun after that!

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.