logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Sometimes I used to just scream and scream and scream. (when I worked in accounting) I felt much better after, but did not do it too often - it made my throat sore.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
Hi everyone,
I'm new here but I'd have to say that I release stress best by listening to good music while having my eyes closed. I'm a pianist, and really enjoy the romantic type pieces, they can take you off into another world when you just listen to them.
I created a short youtube video to a clip of my piano song "Autumn Leaves." It's meant for a quick bit of relaxation in your day. You can find the link in my signature if you'd like to see it. I hope you enjoy it!

R
R
The 3 things that help me in releasing stress are workingout, listening to my favorite songs and deep breathing. Breathing is best one, always works smile

Source for perfume and cologne at fragrance store
S
S
I usually do yoga after work, or take a walk around the neighborhood. Or attempt to meditate. There's a website where you can actually create your own space and 'meditate' on the web. It's fun to visit when I'm at work and I need a quick 5-min relaxation time. That, and squeezing stress balls.

I love that website - thanks for sharing it. Now one of my favourites along with bellaonline.

R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Edited by management for TOS violations

Last edited by Jeanne Daigle; 01/03/09 12:35 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Musicgirl, I couldn't watch your video because I got an error message saying the "URL contained a malformed video ID". Did you move it or change it?

I have found the last few months, with the stress of caring for my aging Mother, that I have really enjoyed deep breathing with my eyes closed and visualising peaceful scenes and thoughts. I also have been exercising more and that has really helped.

I just had a brief discussion about one of my favorite shows NOT being like a "medical soap opera", and I finished my part of the discussion by taking a REALLY long breath and holding it, while I closed my eyes. It made me de-stress almost immediately, although I did not win. wink

Trish

D
D
Trish - I am curious, which show was it?

N
N
Walking. Whether it is in nature or not you are outside which makes it easier to clear your mind and relax.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
A key aspect of most stress release techniques is the ability to train the mind to quiet and observe without judgement. The core of meditation. You can do that while showering, taking a long bath, going for a walk, exercising, or simply sitting still. The more you can train your mind to quietly observe without judging, and realizing that whatever is happening around you is temporary, the less likely you are to attach meaning and emotion to it. You realize that everything we experience is transient. It will all pass into stardust. Just like we will.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  DebbieMandel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.