Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
What could be more 'budget' than an armchair trip around the world? Esp for an 80th Birthday and a 78th one. Please join me in the following request from my best friend.
- - -
Please help us make �A Special Birthday Celebration For a Very Special Couple!� by sending, via snail-mail, a postcard picturing your area of the world to my folks:

Jack and Louise Pegg, 50 Vine Street, Danville, PA 17821, USA

During World War II Jack, my dad, spent time in several countries and on the seas. Over the years he has regaled family and friends with stories of his experiences with the wonderful people he met in other countries as well as using the friendly phrases in other languages that he was able to learn. Even now, approaching his 80th birthday, he retains and uses many of those phrases! Dad�s life has been devoted to work, family and community, with little time for travel.
Mom has been his ardent supporter and helpmate all along the way.
Mom and Dad, enjoy short trips when possible, but there are many places they would still like to experience. This is a way to help them do so!

Our family and friends thank you for helping to make Jack's 80th and Louise's 78th birthday a unique and special, worldwide armchair trip. And, if you are comfortable to do so, please pass this request on to those persons and groups who you feel might like to respond.

CK in PA

HeyYou
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Hi CK,

what a wonderful idea!
I will send them a birthday card.
Will you let me know how it turns out?

Leyla

Leyla Garofalo
Budget Travel Editor
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
CK is actually my best friend. We began this campaign a couple of weeks ago and are hoping to keep a steady stream for a couple of months. Just today she emailed me that some cards have begun to arrive. She says:

"I cannot tell you how much Dad is enjoying getting mail from people he does not know and reading small bits about the world. This is working out better than anyone could have hoped. Thank everyone for helping. CK"

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Leyla and others,
As the cards keep coming in Jack and Louise remain delighted and mail time is a daily high-point. A day with no cards is reported, in disappointment, to be a day of "no interesting mail". My frind CK has not been able to get a count of cards or countries but will eventually.

We are hoping they will come in from evey country around the world.

Thanks heaps from both of us and from Jack and Louise to all who have or will send a card. This is making this their longest and most interesting birthday celebration ever!
Let's keep it going!!!

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
As cards keep coming the Peggs are amazed anew daily and delighted. When a day or two passes without a card they think 'it's over' then more arrive! It IS truly amazing how much cheer your simple postcards are bringing. Thanks heaps to each of you for helping to make this a special year for them!

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
The response to this request has been great. Cards keep trickling in. And each one is a delightful highlight to their day!

Thanks are inadequate to both those of you who have sent cards and those who may yet join in.

If anyone one wants a postcard sent to your special person please post your request here or pm me.

Once again, Thanks Heaps everyone.

Last edited by heyyou; 03/30/08 07:32 PM.

HeyYou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
OMG! What a great idea! Your parents are lucky to have you as a daughter smile

heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Actually, my best friend is their daughter but I know them well and they surely DO deserve the response they've seen.
The Peggs and their daughter (am me) are feeling very fortunate for them to be honored by so many kind people around the world.

Each card is a new adventure or occassionally a memory revived.
One bunch of cards that especially pleased them were from a 3rd grade class on the other side of the world.

If anyone can pass the request along to other persons or groups PLEASE feel free to do so. We'd like to keep it going all year.
We will reciprocate if you'd like. Just tell us who and where.

Again, thanks heaps!!

Last edited by heyyou; 04/01/08 12:20 AM.

HeyYou
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Whoops! Sorry, I misread as I was so excited about the card idea! I'll tell my friends, maybe they'd like to send cards too smile

heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Just returned from a Stateside visit during which I was able to see the Peggs and their huge albums full of cards from around the world. They thank you as do their daughter and myself!
Thank you!

HeyYou
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.