Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Ladies,

As Business Women, we have a clear opportunity to create businesses that really suit our personalities.

My business gives me the avenue to really express my desire to make a difference in this world. I so enjoy seeing women allow their incredible potential to come forward, while realizing they actually CAN take time for what they love to do.

What do you like most about your business?

If you're not happy about your business, what would you like to change about it?

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Hi Tami,

I think it's wonderful you want to make a difference in the world! I'm still looking for that perfect business. I tried My Power Mall with hopes that I could direct it to non-profits as this was what I really wanted to do, but that didn't work out.

I joined Peddlers Kitchen because I love to cook and bake. I plan on doing some farmers markets in the spring, plus marketing it on the internet. The women who are on the Peddlers Kitchen forum are all moms like me and are very nice.

Stacy

J
Koala
Koala
J
I love my home business because it allows me freedom to explore new ideas and see the work pay off!

One downside is that there are no regular hours. I don't take weekends off and I take my laptop with me on vacation.

However, the good side of no regular hours is that I signed up for exercises classes at the Y, which are around 930 in the am. I can take a break to walk my dogs, etc, so my health is benefited too.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Hi, I'm new here but wanted to say I agree with joanj. I've had a home daycare which I loved doing, while the kids were young. I got very attached to all the kids I took care of, we had our little routine and it was fun.

The downside of that was that there were no days off, even for illness, unless it was pretty bad-lol.

Now my kids are a little older but still get home by 2 pm so I want to continue to work at home. I've been trying various things like Avon and some online businesses that are going well.

Can't wait to see what everyone on the forum is doing so I can get ideas.

Beth

L
L
Hi,

I'm new here. My favorite thing about my business is a fresh opportunity. I've always wanted my own business, so I started one on my own but it was so much work. I had to wear so many hats. I was thinking there has to be an easier way.

I have always enjoyed jewelry so when I found that a new direct sales company was launching in my State I decided to check it out. Well here I am a core founder for the company. I'm really excited about the growth possibilities with the company. My new catalogs come next week and I couldn't be more excited to see all the jewelry styles.

Just the anticipation of things to come is super exciting! I feel like it is going to be a great year.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Jewelry is a great opportunity. Latasia Jewelry grew 400% because it expanded into Canada. Good Luck with your business.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Tami S
Hi Ladies,

As Business Women, we have a clear opportunity to create businesses that really suit our personalities.

My business gives me the avenue to really express my desire to make a difference in this world. I so enjoy seeing women allow their incredible potential to come forward, while realizing they actually CAN take time for what they love to do.

What do you like most about your business?

If you're not happy about your business, what would you like to change about it?

I love what I'm doing but it is such a huge undertaking with so many different facets that it gets a little overwhelming. I also am trying to do too much at once, putting 3 months of work into 1 month. Once I focus on a facet and get it established I am able to start on the next facet. Hopefully this time next year it will have come full circle.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Green1
I'm still looking for that perfect business...
I joined Peddlers Kitchen because I love to cook and bake. I plan on doing some farmers markets in the spring, plus marketing it on the internet.
Stacy

Hi Stacy, I believe the "perfect business" is found in creating a business around what you are most passionate about. When you open up to the possibility that you CAN create a business around it, the ideas really start to flow. DREAM BIG!

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I was going to respond to everyone and then realized that would take a lot of time. It's so great to hear your stories about your businesses, what you enjoy and what you are really looking for.

Just a few thoughts:

* We have such a great opportunity to create the business of our dreams! I believe we are all capable. The problem is more often that we DOUBT our abilities and our potential.

* I love the independence we have as business owners!

* I have learned that when I'm feeling overwhelmed it is because I am not staying true to my sense of passion and purpose through my business. It is also when I'm giving way to fear that what I'm doing isn't enough. Then I want to start on something new in hopes that will work out for me faster. The only problem is that it often takes me away from my primary passion. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Hi Tami,
I think you started a great thread!

There are downsides to every business, however I can honestly say I've learned to adapt to those downsides / down days and have learned to work around them...... or not take it so seriously. LOL

On the upside, I love what I do. I do several things, as I've broken my business into several mini businesses so that when one slows down to a crawl, the others pick up the slack. That was one part of my evolution.

I've done tons and tons of research, both on topic and on my competition, and since my mainstay is marketing, I spend a great deal of my time marketing or brainstorming creative measures.

I get to stay home, dress as I please, clean my house when I need a break (or my butt goes numb!) LOL, spend time with my animals I never would be able to otherwise ~ two adorable cockatiels, three parakeets and my iguana who I rescued and who is learning to become quite tame and docile.

My hours vary ~ I am also a writer, and creativity strikes most often very late at night when the house is quiet, so I sleep later in the morning! Try that working for someone outside the house!

I basically go with the flow ~ if I have to meet a client or a bride, off I go. If I can stay home, wonderful! Either way I love what I do.

I've learned to manage stress in various ways. Take a break, clean, play with my kiddies, watch a movie, crochet, whatever. In the warmer months my garden benefits from my stress. Ask my roses.

Creativity is a great stress reliever.

I like being my own boss, not having to answer to someone else or get approval on why I think a certain way about things or having to explain why I went about something the way I did. I enjoy being a part of something that makes so many people smile and excited about things and that I get to talk with so many different people from suppliers to shippers to the customers. It is very interesting to learn about people all over and I think I lucked out in getting to see inside these people's worlds a little bit.
The downside is I own an internet based business. If I am out shopping and my blackberry goes off, I have to begin working. If my boyfriend comes home and wants to spend a nice relaxing night with me, if the blackberry goes off, its off to the laptop. I love answering all my emails and these type things because I can provide a quick prompt service that my customers really seem to enjoy and tell others about, service I know I wish others gave me but sometimes it is hard.

Alicia
Kiss passionately, live intensely...
Kataphileo
[url=www.Kataphileo.blogspot.com]www.Kataphileo.blogspot.com[/url]
Parakeet
Parakeet
Love the pic Tami.

We're freezing here in Calgary, I've got an inch of ice around the INSIDE of my windows.

N
N
Hello Ladies,

I have been a business owner since 2001. What I like most about it is the freedom & flexibility that an entrepreneur can enjoy. My business allows me to do the things I enjoy most - like spending more time with my family.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I enjoy reading your replies, Ladies.

One of the things I really enjoy about being a business owner is that I can change directions whenever I want. I still have to honour my customers, but I can also move into new areas which excite me.

For example, I haven't been posting here much lately because I'm busy developing a sport's consignment and cappuccino bar for our local community. It allows me to use my business coaching knowledge and simply have fun with my creativity. I'm having a great time!

Oh yeah, I expect the store will increase my income too! That's a great bonus of having fun. smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My little son was off school today - he didn't have to feel unwell all day at childcare, he lay tucked up on the couch at home with me working nearby - that's what I like!

PS I know some Moms don't have that choice though!

Business-wise Tammy, so far so good!

M
M
I like the fact that I am my own boss and I'm able to correspond with people I like to talk to--pet owner's.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: BellaShorts
Business-wise Tammy, so far so good!

Oh Hello, Siobhain! I'm so glad to hear your business is coming along. I've actually been thinking about you, but haven't had a chance to go on your Short Stories Section.

I hope your little guy is feeling much better now. I know lots of Moms who would love to do what you just did. A lot of times they don't realize it IS an option for them if they open up to possibility! Us women have many talents at our disposal and we are quite capable of making a good income from them.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: moneymagnet
I like the fact that I am my own boss and I'm able to correspond with people I like to talk to--pet owner's.

That's the whole point of us being Business Wwomen. We should be able to do what we enjoy doing AND get paid for it! Bravo!

B
B
Great thread Tami! I agree, I love having the ability to change the world for the better, who knew one person can make a difference?

We are all given chances to better ourselves, I believe Uri Life was just that chance for me. To me this team is my knight and shining armor, whisking me away from years of depression and self hate. As I ride off into the sunset the Urilife team has taught me the meaning of proper nutrition, giving me the vehicle to let go of the excuses, and truly live the life God intended for me.

Without a college degree and the help of credentials I continue to change the next generation forever in my family. I may not be perfect, but I have a God that has allowed me to peel off the layers of hate and present to you the person that only existed in my dreams.

Having money to pay my bills is great, but becoming the woman I would like my daughter to be is indescribable...He is the provider, the power giver and the ALL in my life! :~)

Brandi Magill is an aspiring writer, wife, and mother of two. She enjoys educating and empowering women to live a healthy lifestyle! To connect with Brandi visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Brandi,

I enjoyed reading what you have to say and I understand so much of what you are saying. I'm glad to hear you have found a way to live fully alive as the amazing woman God has made you to be.

What's incredible is that we women can fulfill our destiny while making sure all the bills get paid. Have you heard of the Woman of great worth in Psalm 31 of the Bible? She was a business woman with obvious confidence and success. Oh, and she was married, too. Her husband didn't "rule" over her!

O
Amoeba
Amoeba
O
Great thread!

I love working for myself for many of the reasons the ladies here have mentioned above: flexibility, creative freedom, better quality of life and making a difference.

I believe the career world as we know it is changing and in a couple of decades, most people will work for themselves in small to medium sized businesses rather than sometimes soul-less corporations.

However, whether we work for ourselves or not, it's important to remember that work is way more than a pay cheque. Through work we can express our true selves, provide for our families, create change in our communities and leave a legacy of love.

Is your job just a pay cheque? CLICK HERE to find out if you live to work or work to live!

I recently opened up a lavender boutique when I realized how many women loved the calming, soothing, and relaxing properties of lavender.

I didn't have the money for a full time store front so I opted to open in a farmers market that is open two days a week. Well, I'm happy to report my opening weekend was a smashing success!

What I love most about my business, besides the fact that it is all MINE is that I get to meet to many wonderful people. There is nothing better than learning about people from so many different walks of life.

There is no greater gift than to love and be loved.
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I love reading what you Ladies have to say!

Isn't it empowering having our own businesses? It's even more empowering when we know we are getting paid to do what we love to do anyway. That's the way it should be!

Let's keep encouraging each other to grow our businesses in a way that matches our personality and our sense of purpose. There is room for every one of us to succeed at what we love to do.

Sincerely wishing you all the best!

Warmly,

Tami

A
A
Hi Tami,

It's great hearing what everyone is passionate about and it's definitely refreshing to hear that people enjoy what they are doing! Sounds like what I'm hearing, though, is that many of us have a challenge in maintaining a balance between work and personal/family life! Maybe that should be explored in another thread.

I enjoy working with the business I am involved with because I believe in their product. It has made a difference in my life and given me a renewed energy, which allows me to keep up with my three year old! Because of the changes brought about in my life through use of the product, I want to share that feeling of improved health and vitality with others. This makes it much easier to market and promote the business.

I also love that I have a flexible schedule and can spend quality time with my family.

All the best,
a.d.

How much is your health worth to YOU?
[url=www.gbgforvitality.com]www.gbgforvitality.com[/url]
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Adeloa,

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the business you are involved in. It is so important to do something we believe in and it sounds like you really do believe in the product.

Once again, it reinforces the idea that us women are happier if we find something to do which has some purpose in it for us.

You've raised a good point about balance that really would be a great discussion Thread on its own.

Thanks for sharing and inspiring other women who feel like they can't chase a three year old AND be involved in business.

Warmly,

Tami

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.