Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Ladies,

As Business Women, we have a clear opportunity to create businesses that really suit our personalities.

My business gives me the avenue to really express my desire to make a difference in this world. I so enjoy seeing women allow their incredible potential to come forward, while realizing they actually CAN take time for what they love to do.

What do you like most about your business?

If you're not happy about your business, what would you like to change about it?

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Hi Tami,

I think it's wonderful you want to make a difference in the world! I'm still looking for that perfect business. I tried My Power Mall with hopes that I could direct it to non-profits as this was what I really wanted to do, but that didn't work out.

I joined Peddlers Kitchen because I love to cook and bake. I plan on doing some farmers markets in the spring, plus marketing it on the internet. The women who are on the Peddlers Kitchen forum are all moms like me and are very nice.

Stacy

J
Koala
Koala
J
I love my home business because it allows me freedom to explore new ideas and see the work pay off!

One downside is that there are no regular hours. I don't take weekends off and I take my laptop with me on vacation.

However, the good side of no regular hours is that I signed up for exercises classes at the Y, which are around 930 in the am. I can take a break to walk my dogs, etc, so my health is benefited too.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Hi, I'm new here but wanted to say I agree with joanj. I've had a home daycare which I loved doing, while the kids were young. I got very attached to all the kids I took care of, we had our little routine and it was fun.

The downside of that was that there were no days off, even for illness, unless it was pretty bad-lol.

Now my kids are a little older but still get home by 2 pm so I want to continue to work at home. I've been trying various things like Avon and some online businesses that are going well.

Can't wait to see what everyone on the forum is doing so I can get ideas.

Beth

L
L
Hi,

I'm new here. My favorite thing about my business is a fresh opportunity. I've always wanted my own business, so I started one on my own but it was so much work. I had to wear so many hats. I was thinking there has to be an easier way.

I have always enjoyed jewelry so when I found that a new direct sales company was launching in my State I decided to check it out. Well here I am a core founder for the company. I'm really excited about the growth possibilities with the company. My new catalogs come next week and I couldn't be more excited to see all the jewelry styles.

Just the anticipation of things to come is super exciting! I feel like it is going to be a great year.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Jewelry is a great opportunity. Latasia Jewelry grew 400% because it expanded into Canada. Good Luck with your business.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Tami S
Hi Ladies,

As Business Women, we have a clear opportunity to create businesses that really suit our personalities.

My business gives me the avenue to really express my desire to make a difference in this world. I so enjoy seeing women allow their incredible potential to come forward, while realizing they actually CAN take time for what they love to do.

What do you like most about your business?

If you're not happy about your business, what would you like to change about it?

I love what I'm doing but it is such a huge undertaking with so many different facets that it gets a little overwhelming. I also am trying to do too much at once, putting 3 months of work into 1 month. Once I focus on a facet and get it established I am able to start on the next facet. Hopefully this time next year it will have come full circle.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Originally Posted By: Green1
I'm still looking for that perfect business...
I joined Peddlers Kitchen because I love to cook and bake. I plan on doing some farmers markets in the spring, plus marketing it on the internet.
Stacy

Hi Stacy, I believe the "perfect business" is found in creating a business around what you are most passionate about. When you open up to the possibility that you CAN create a business around it, the ideas really start to flow. DREAM BIG!

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I was going to respond to everyone and then realized that would take a lot of time. It's so great to hear your stories about your businesses, what you enjoy and what you are really looking for.

Just a few thoughts:

* We have such a great opportunity to create the business of our dreams! I believe we are all capable. The problem is more often that we DOUBT our abilities and our potential.

* I love the independence we have as business owners!

* I have learned that when I'm feeling overwhelmed it is because I am not staying true to my sense of passion and purpose through my business. It is also when I'm giving way to fear that what I'm doing isn't enough. Then I want to start on something new in hopes that will work out for me faster. The only problem is that it often takes me away from my primary passion. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Hi Tami,
I think you started a great thread!

There are downsides to every business, however I can honestly say I've learned to adapt to those downsides / down days and have learned to work around them...... or not take it so seriously. LOL

On the upside, I love what I do. I do several things, as I've broken my business into several mini businesses so that when one slows down to a crawl, the others pick up the slack. That was one part of my evolution.

I've done tons and tons of research, both on topic and on my competition, and since my mainstay is marketing, I spend a great deal of my time marketing or brainstorming creative measures.

I get to stay home, dress as I please, clean my house when I need a break (or my butt goes numb!) LOL, spend time with my animals I never would be able to otherwise ~ two adorable cockatiels, three parakeets and my iguana who I rescued and who is learning to become quite tame and docile.

My hours vary ~ I am also a writer, and creativity strikes most often very late at night when the house is quiet, so I sleep later in the morning! Try that working for someone outside the house!

I basically go with the flow ~ if I have to meet a client or a bride, off I go. If I can stay home, wonderful! Either way I love what I do.

I've learned to manage stress in various ways. Take a break, clean, play with my kiddies, watch a movie, crochet, whatever. In the warmer months my garden benefits from my stress. Ask my roses.

Creativity is a great stress reliever.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.