Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Koala
Koala
L
Originally Posted By: freebubbles3
I would not be an adult I would have become less then human and i would not have been given any respect at all!
I think if more "young mommies" had to overcome all of that guilt and shame and fear...there would be less young mommies! As long as people honor and show them more respect then the non baby machines they "young mommies" will get younger and younger!

Oh, but in this day and age we do not hurt people's feelings. That makes them feel bad about themselves, and then they have low self esteem, poor things.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
And there is no way we should hurt someone's already low self-esteem! That would be way worse than the long term burden of having another child raising a child, or handing the child off to her parents to raise.

The thing that I notice now is that there is no 'shame' associated with a lot of these 'bad' activities anymore.

Why does it seem so #$%@ed up that if a typical person is shown two people:

1) A 16 year old single mother with no father
or
2) An 20-40something adult (married/involved or not), a productive, job-holding, tax-paying, take the trash out, follows the law -- stable and average in every way person except he/she is willingly not having a child.

People will jump on person 2 (us) for our responsible choice, but leave person 1 (irresponsible) alone?

Society's priorities are sooo screwed up. frown

Gecko
Gecko
I think the people in Australia who made up that law should be forced to go live in China for the rest of their lives. Maybe then they'll appreciate that there are plenty of people on this planet already, thank you very much, and we REALLY don't need more.

Why don't they just encourage people to immigrate, if they want to overpop- I mean, populate Australia so much?

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Malamutes own me
In Australia they brought in the "baby bonus" to try and encourage people to procreate. Thus, you now get $5000 for each baby. Unsurprisingly, this has encouraged many teenagers and drug-addicts to get pregnant. One buys a big screen tv, the other buys illicit drugs. Apparently many young girls, according to the "Current Affairs" programmes, are being encouraged by their boyfriends to have a child so that they can get access to the money.

This is unreal. But I believe it. I feel so sorry for the babies that are born to drug addicted parents. What a holy nightmare. I wish they could arrest drug addicts that get pregnant. It's absolutely disgusting, and God only knows what they are doing to their child. I'm thinking they probably aren't laying off the drugs while they are pregnant.

Save your own life - don't have kids!
L
Koala
Koala
L
Originally Posted By: Duane_Va
People will jump on person 2 (us) for our responsible choice, but leave person 1 (irresponsible) alone?

Society's priorities are sooo screwed up. frown

Because we ignore what's really bad. When someone's life is screwed up, we're supposed to look the other way or say how brave they are for carrying on. When it's a piddly matter like being CF, you are allowed to be rude because it's not a "bad" thing.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Oh, how could I be so daft! The people who are really, really bad have a Somebody Else's Problem Field around them. We just haven't come up with one for CF peoples yet. smile

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Originally Posted By: TresstheFool
Why don't they just encourage people to immigrate, if they want to overpop- I mean, populate Australia so much?

That's a little problematic for a nation that hates foreigners (sorry Deborah). We are talking about a country that wouldn't even allow non white European immigrants until the 1960's ...

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
Gecko
Gecko
Well, I'm widely ignorant of Australia. Unfortunately, what I'm hearing here is pretty negative. But, if I weren't from the US and drew conclusions based on what non-Americans said in forums... heh heh heh.

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
My mother gave birth to me during high school. She lived at home until she finished high school, and took as much responsibility as she could. My father was in college, and came home to see us every weekend. He also supported me financially. My parents made it a point to NOT to glamorize parenthood. They taught me that parenting is a choice, and that no one should expect special treatment because they made that choice. By the time I reached high school, I understood the consequences of teen pregnancy, and there was NOTHING appealing about it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.