#363681 01/04/08 05:29 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Ok let's play a game. Let's create a story for children.

The rules are simple enough.

You may add a sentence or two or a paragraph or two but you cannot post twice in a row. You must wait for someone to build on your writing before adding more.

It can be funny, serious or nonsensical or a mixture of all three.

It is a Children's story so keep it G-rated please.

I will start it off, okay?

The sun was shining brightly outdoors and Tommy looked out of his bedroom window in despair. He could see some children running around and he could see most of his friends playing baseball at the park near his home.

He let out a mournful sigh and sat down on his bed. He couldn't be outside with his friends because he was sick with the chicken pox. As he began to cry softly, he heard a voice call his name...

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wiping at his nose with the threadbare sleeve of his blue baseball jersy, Tommy listened.

"Tommy, I'll play with you. Let me get my ball."

It took two hands for Tommy to lift his neon green leg cast. Setting it gently on the floor, Tommy looked around. Who was calling him? All he saw was his taffy orange cat sitting in a sunbeam.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

Shark
Shark
He tried to scratch the pox itch under the leg cast. He scratched again, but felt no relief. His eyes slowly scanned the room.

"Was I imagining that voice?" he questioned.

The cats wiskers tilted upward to a smile.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
He stared intently at the cat for a moment until it said, "Meow."

Then he laughed and said to himself, "Of course the cat can't talk. I must be hearing things."

The cat left the room and Tommy looked out of the window and heard a voice say, "Of course it wasn't the cat. Cats cannot talk, Silly."

Surprised, Tommy spun his around and...

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
Shark
There he was. He was leaning against Tommy's doorpost as he always did, with his self assured easy going manner that made him the big shot in his class. He lightly tossed his ball up with his right hand for an easy catch in his worn out mitt. It was Jimmy Jones, his best friend in the whole world. If anyone could make him happy today it would be Jimmy.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"Gosh, Jimmy. Am I ever glad to see you. You haven't been around in awhile. Where have you been?" Tommy asked as a smile quickly replaced his frown.

"I have always been here, Tommy. You have just been too busy with your friends lately to pay any attention to me."

Tommy hung his head and apologized to his best friend.

"Ahh, never mind that, Tommy. I am here now, so what do you want to do?"

Tommy thought about it for a minute and then said...

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
Shark
"Jimmy, I want to play, but I have the Chicken Pox. You've gotto get out of here before you catch it." He sadly looked at his worn blue carpet, and thought it couldn't get any worse.

But Jimmy could read him better than any book, and he wasn't going to let him down. "Don't worry Jimmy, I'm not afraid of Chicken Pox."

And then Jimmy tossed the ball one more time in the air. He caught it in his mitt, and then tossed it directly at Tommy.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Tommy caught the ball and smiled. He was glad to hear that Jimmy couldn't get the chicken pox and now he had a playmate.
"How long can you stay Jimmy?" Tommy asked as he tossed the ball back to his friend.
"I can stay as long as you want me to, Tommy." Jimmy said with a smile as he tossed the ball back to him.
They tossed the ball back and forth for a couple of minutes until it got boring.

"Jimmy, I want to do something else. Tossing the ball is okay and all, but I need something a little more exciting to do. The chicken pox and the broken leg have had me in my bedroom for almost a week now. Can we do something else?"

Jimmy smiled and said, "We sure can. You know what to do."
Tommy did know what to do. He stared deeply into the ball he was holding and...

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
He knew he had to close his eyes but he kept them open as long as he could. The ball slowly swirled into a shimmering green mass. 'This time,' Tommy thought, 'this time I'm going to see what really happens!'

Jimmy laughed and waved a hand in front of Tommy's face.

Something sparkled in the air between them.

"What's th...?"

Tommy sneezed. While his eyes were closed it happened. Once again without knowing how, he was standing next to Jimmy. On his bed was that horrid cast and a vague shape that he knew was also himself.

"What sparkled?" he asked.

"Sneeze dust of course."

"No fair!"

"Keeping eyes open is no fair. You know the rule - don't you?"

Tommy nodded.

"Good. So what do you want to do?"

Tommy thought of the green swirl. That reminded him of the book about mysterious ancient places he'd just read.

"I want to go to Machu Picchu."

HeyYou
heyyou #363872 01/05/08 01:30 PM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V

"Machu Piccu? Why do you want to go there again?"

"Just look at this place. It is beautiful here." Tommy responded in awe.

Ok, and where do you want to go from here?" Jimmy asked as if he was getting bored.

"I want to go to..."

Last edited by WrestlingEditorVance; 01/05/08 01:36 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  AM Farbizio, Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.