Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Thought I'd give an update on this diet from personal experience.

For about 3 weeks, I've been adding the ingredients listed in the diet consistently to our meals and it does seem to be having an effect.

I have to add tho, I love olives, avocados and nuts! So it was easy for me to just get more of these.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Good news, Joan. I don't eat a lot of olives, but I do use olive oil and I do eat nuts--almost daily. Love avocados but haven't had any lately.

Next week's article for the walking site is about walking off belly fat, by the way.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Can't wait for next weeks article, sure need some help in that department,

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
This is very interesting! And isn't belly fat caused by a stress hormone??

I am interested in trying it out too... I may go check out the book.

I'm also very interested in doing things to help with the emotional aspect of eating. To me, that's the big one!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Zebra
Zebra
Deanna, the best explanations of belly fat I've found is Dr. Oz's in You on a Diet--you can find it in your library. I have a review of it on the walking site, here.

Belly fat (the omentum) is like a monster in your tummy! Cortisol (stress hormone) actually enables the omentum to store more fat! And, it's the chronic stress we tend to all "get used to".

It's amazing, actually!

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I've been doing this belly fat diet-one reason is that I love olives, avocados and things like walnuts - and it seems to be working. I eat a lot of salads and I always put these in it.

I picked up a copy of Natural Health and liked that magazine. Thanks for the suggestion.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes normally I go through this forum deleting spam but Prevention is a reliable magazine that I would trust.

Also, the advice is free and very important. Too many people stopped eating ALL fats back in the 80s. Just like they ate margarine because it was "healthier for you". We have learned a lot since then. There are very important good fats that you really SHOULD eat.

Nut oil and olive oil are VERY important to your daily healthy. Your brain needs omega-3 oils. It's all about balance. Don't eat tub-loads of margarine. Have a salad with olive oil, and toss some olives on top. Grill up some salmon for dinner.

Sometimes making slow, gradual changes to your diet can really have an awesome overall effect. I definitely agree that having more olive oil is one of those changes.

Also, try to have a small salad before every dinner. It fills you up with fiberous food meaning you're more full overall, you're eating more veggies, and getting your olive / olive oil dose in a healthy manner.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Lisa, you're so right about the good and bad fats! I hadn't been back to this thread in a while but I wanted to comment on that.

Actually eating nuts every day helps you lose weight, according to many studies. I eat a handful of almonds or walnuts daily or put them in my salad. Walnuts are a great source of omega-3's.

I also found come canned wild caught salmon at Costco. You have to be sure and get wild caught-altho it's more expensive. The farm raised has food colorings in it and there is a lot of info out there on how the waters at fish farms are very polluted and the fish even catch viruses from being confined in small areas. Plus they are grain fed and don't eat the algaes and ocean foods that help make the salmon so nutritious.

I learned from Dr. Oz on Oprah that you shouldn't cook with high heat with olive oil as this destroys the nutrients. Now I stick to olive oil on my salads and use organic coconut oil to cook with, or grapeseed. Both of these offer many of the heart healthy benefits of olive oil but can stand the high heat of cooking.

Last edited by joanj; 06/11/08 08:57 AM.
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
I once read about a japanese study that said a low starch diet plus fish oil helped to remove belly fat. The fish oil triggers your body to use belly fat for energy while the low starch diet keeps your blood sugar low.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Olives - yuck!!!
I agree it's about lifestyle changes in diet and exercise that will make the most difference.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alice - Weight Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.