Page 1 of 2 1 2
#363212 01/03/08 09:12 AM
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
I've seen quite a bit of discussion here about how to lose belly fat so thought everyone would be interested in knowing that Prevention Magazine had a belly fat diet in the Feb issue. Basically they are recommending eating olives, nuts and certain oils at every meal.

here is a website with articles.BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Thanks for the info! I can really use it after the holidays. My goal is to lose about 10 lbs before summer and the belly is one of the biggest areas I need weight off.

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
I've found some really terrific olive recipes too since reading that. I love green olives and they're great in tapenade. Try making homemade tapenade and putting it on pita bread.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I'm a little suspicious about things that sound to good to be true! If it were that easy America would be skinny,
What are they selling?
So many magazines have the front covers full of bogus diets, they just don't work ;o(
Exercising and changing the way you eat, Will bring excellent results.
Save your money!!!

Rosie L
A
A
skyhaven is right. Don't waste the $$! I had to loose 20lbs to get back to my prepregnancy weight and I joined a free on line calorie counting program called www.myfitnesspal.com and I lost 12 lbs in six weeks. What the belly fat diet does is to put you on 1200 calories per day. I did that on my own, excercised 3x per week and didn't eat anything after 7pm. The best thing was, I didn't have to buy any books, cd's, or food.

I still have the remainder 8 lbs to lose, but I am still eating things I like and not feeling deprived. Hope this helps:)

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
You should check out the article. They aren't selling a diet or selling anything! So there's nothing to "waste your money on". It's an article about a study that was done so is for info only.

Prevention Magazine published the article on eating "good fats" to help lose belly fat but I've read other studies about adding nuts like almonds to your diet to help you lose weight.

It isn't an easy fix, it's just that adding certain foods to your diet will assist in weight loss.

Ten large olives would contain about 200 calories
About.com

I still like olives in my salad

Rosie L
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Sometimes tho, it's more about what you eat than about the calories in each thing.

Zebra
Zebra
The south beach diet was written by a heart doctor (I forget his name) and it is not the same as Atkins, but is (like many diets these days) lower in carbs, especially the white simple carbs--white flour, white rice, sugar and so on. And, his thing was that you would lose unhealthy belly fat (this fat seems to be worse for causing fat-related diseases) via the south beach diet.

This Flat Belly diet is in this month's issue of Prevention magazine and it's nothing really new, they are just presenting it a bit differently -- that eating good fats (certain oils, like olive oil, nuts & seeds, avocado, olives & chocolate) at every meal can help you lose belly fat, along with consuming fewer calories and eating every four or five hours.

They've put together some success stories, written a book & put up a website, as most people who come up with a new "diet" do.

Especially Prevention--they are a decades old company, reputable and to my knowledge, reliable and they make their money by bringing ideas to the public that it could take your doctor forever to mention to you (if at all). I've been reading/subscribing for years and years. But, you can find out the info without joining the website promotion or buying the book or even buying the magazine.

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
I too like Prevention. I just wish they didn't fill so many pages with ads for drugs!

Another magazine I like is Natural Health. I also subscribe to Dr. Andrew WEil's newsletter, which I highly recommend. He doesn't fall into trendy things but relies on what research and common sense says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alice - Weight Loss 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.