logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Wombyn Offline OP
OP Offline
W
After seeing this product in a catalog, I was upset by the fact that the retailers and manufacturers boasted its ability to mimic the type of comfort a caregiver provides. I sent this letter (with my signature of course) to the following addressees this past week.

[i]To Sears Canada, Graco Baby, Mothering Magazine & Birth Issues Magazine editors and consumers:

I have recently received the 2008 Sears Catalogue Baby Book. Displayed on its cover is the new Graco� Sweetpeace Newborn Soothing Centre -BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Great letter, let us know if anyone responds.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Wombyn,

Nicely written. Is this one of those papasan swings? I've always thought cradle swings/papasan swings were moronic. It's not even just mimicking a person...which is more the motion of a traditional swing. It's a product (swing), mimicking a product (cradle), mimicking a person!!!

That said, I definitely agree that baby "containers" are more often than not misused. However, I do think that tired mamas need every tool they can get in their arsenal to get through their days, and sometimes that includes putting the baby down. I think that when used sparingly and judiciously, swings, bouncy seats and other "containers" can serve baby by keeping mama on an even keel.

I am an avid APer.. and to be honest, neither of my babies ever cared much for the swing, except when toddler as a toy, which is actually what graco intended when the first developed it... and indoor swing - that's actually how the company got started. And the bouncy seats in my house were kept on in each bathroom so I could pee with holding the baby or putting her on the floor! But these products can occasionally serve the BABY, and may be a place they really do find soothing, or enable them to sleep. While always being on mama is an ideal, an occasional alternative doesn't offend me.

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.