logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
This Abundance and Wealth section is under the Money Channel.
Abundance and Wealth site
Okay, with that said:

In your opinion -
What role does the Law of Attraction and/or positive thinking play in making, spending and enjoying money?

Any success stories from your own life about the Law of Attraction or positive thinking and money to share with us?

I'd like to begin one whole thread on our forum dedicated just to discussing the subject of attracting money into our lives. What do you think?

You may want to read the article Abundance Equals More Than Enough and let me know what you think.

Thank you!

~Sharon

Last edited by Sharon - Wealth Editor; 12/08/07 11:09 AM.

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
E
It has been my experience that the more you worry about what you spend your money on, the less you have of it to spend.
It was difficult, but, i have learned to attract more money each time i spend,lol.
I just stopped worrying about how much things cost, the timing of spending and where or how I would get more to cover bills etc.

Im so grateful for being able to manifest money from many sources as a result of the law of attraction.

Everyone knows there is money everywhere you look in todays world, why not grab you share. After all its just waiting there for you to accept it. Position yourself to take it.

Here is one way I attracted more money into my life ,

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
From the way I understand the Law of Attraction, you don't focus on the money specifically. What I focus on is feeling secure and knowing that I will always have all I need. I focus on feeling safe and secure in each present moment and this helps create that in my future moments.

Also, I think if you think first about helping others, the Universe lends a hand in your efforts to make them more successful.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I've been working with the Law of Attraction in my own life.

If I start to get negative about money, right away I start thinking of something positive. I don't want to attract negative into my life. I think the more positive I become, the more positive opportunities I see.

I really enjoyed the book "The Attractor Factor" by Joe Vitale.

I'll be looking forward to reading what everyone has to say.

I enjoy the Abundance and Wealth articles.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I like to think of money as flowing through me. When I buy something, it is keeping the money flowing from me and more flows in from the Universe to replace it. It's the same with giving money or items away. It creates a vaccumn for more to flow to you.

It isn't really money we want anyway-it's what the money will buy and in many cases that comes down to security, freedom from worry over finances, etc.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I agree joanj! One thing about focusing mainly on the money with the Law of Attraction is that most people have some pretty negative thoughts, conscious or subconscious, about money. We worry about not having enough, not paying our bills, feeling insecure, etc. It's hard to have purely positive thoughts when it comes to money.

that's why I just try to focus on feeling good and feeling secure. When I get a bill I thank the Universe for the money to pay it and I also thank the Universe for every bit of money that comes my way, even a penny. I think dealing with the basic feelings of insecurity that money thoughts can give you is a big part of using LOA to make money.

H
Koala
Koala
H
That's nice imagery, Joan.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
So glad to find this forum1 I posted this in another thread but does anyone have any recommendations on books to start with about attracting money into your life?

I will try the imagery of focusing on feeling secure. I know I don't want to focus on the Christmas bills to pay off-lol.

Beth

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Beth

Great question!

I recommend these two books as a great place to start-
there's a link to Amazon.com where you can read the descriptions and look at other titles too.

The Secret - Rhonda Byrne
The Secret

The Law of Attraction - Mike Losier
The Law of Attraction

You can find them on Amazon, your local bookstore or library.

Glad you found us too.

~Sharon

Last edited by Sharon - Wealth Editor; 02/16/08 01:37 PM.

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
These are great recommendations, Sharon.

I also liked The Power of Intention by Wayne Dyer. He has other books on manifesting and using the Law of Attraction-altho when some of his books were written, that term for it wasn't common.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Thanks so much for the recommendations! I found these on Amazon and ordered them on audio books so I can listen while I drive to work.

K
K
Now does this work the same as feng shui and clutter clearing? To open yourself up and rid the negativity in your life. I would love to find a way to reduce my stress and be more open.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi Kim,

The Law of Attraction is an internal belief powered by external action. Attraction is based on the belief that everything is made up of energy and your negative or positive energy attracts the same - negative or positive energy.

Some people call it wishful thinking. It's more than wishful thinking, it also involves taking positive action. You believe, without an ounce of doubt, about attracting something positive in your life and then you also take the positive action to help make it reality.

It's positive belief powered by positive action.

I hope that answered your question. Maybe someone else will offer their thoughts too.

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

J
Koala
Koala
J
Did you see Oprah's show yesterday? It was kind of a follow up to the Secret and featured Louise Hay who has been writing on creating the life you want for over 20 years.

I totally agree, Sharon, that the Law of attraction isn't about wishful thinking! You do use visualization in thinking about your goals, visualizing your life when they come to pass, etc. It's really about deciding what you want in life and focusing on it in a positive way.

One you do that, the ideas and inspirations start flowing to you from the Universe. It's up to you to put them into action.

Kim, there are many good books out there to help you create the life you want. I would recommend anything by Wayne Dyer to get you started. His books literally changed my life.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I am so curious as to how the law of attraction works in areas where the people are starving & in a war zone dying daily. I'm sure they have no control over that!

Sure they can have a strong will, but even that after a while of no food & watching your babies die from cold & starvation stops the mind from holding onto hope.

Does the law of attraction for wealth work only in affluent societies? I know some phrofits & crusaders of the land & people who had the most positive, wealth mindset were killed off by the evil people who thought they got in their way.

Does any one have a answer?

Doreen

Decorating Ideas
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
J
Koala
Koala
J
You should read some of the Abraham books that Jerry and Ester Hicks have written. What they say is that it is impossible to make a huge leap in vibrations to help you achieve a better life. Each person does have the power to improve their lives, but they must start from where they are and build. Before you can achieve something, you must first be able to conceive of it as being true for your life.

If you were someone living in the conditions you describe, how could you even envision wealth in the terms we usually associate with it? Without advertising, tV and the internet constantly telling American's what "wealth" is, ie having more and moe possessions, we would probably have a different concept of wealth also.

True wealth has nothing to do with money. To people such as you describe, wealth might be having food to eat at dinner or not seeing your child die from hunger and disease. Money has no meaning in situations such as these.

Perhaps people such as you describe need a prophet or someone to show them a way to a better life. Until they can conceive of it, they may never achieve it.

In the other scenerio you describe, if someone has wealth, then they are killed because of it and someone steals their wealth, how do we not know that this is what they feared would happen? As it says in the Bible "The thing I greatly feared has come upon me." Perhaps it came BECAUSE that is what they feared, so that is what they focused on.

Whatever you focus on grows. For your starving people in Africa, surely this is what they do focus on because it is all they know. A wealthy person may fear losing their wealth, so this is what they focus on.

Donald Trump actually made and lost many fortunes but he was never not wealthy in his thoughts. He knew wealth was possible for him and even losing it several times, didn't take away his thought that he could be wealthy any time he chose. He thought "wealth thoughts" as Harv Ecker says in Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.

We can't know everything so obviously there are no answers to all questions. Perhaps people are starving in Africa to give the rest of us a chance to do good in the world. Perhaps the girls who are going to Oprah Winfrey's school in Africa, were thinking higher vibrational thoughts and so got that chance to be educated.

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Hello, My name is Lita.
This happened a long, long time ago. I would just like to share what happened to me soon after I read the book of Dr. Wayne Dyer 'Manifest your Destiny'.
I did everything the book said following the principles stated in there and started doing the om and ah sound in the morning and evening while thinking of receiving 100,000 pesos.
After about two or three months of doing this ritual, I received the amount I was thinking of from a person I would never have thought would give such an amount to me.
It was not called Law of Attraction then but it sure made my dream come true.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I see the point of people living in poverty having a poverty mindset. Maybe there is no hope for them.

I think religion was created so there would be hope.

As far as this wealth minded society- I get the point. We have to believe in ourselves even at a healthy psychological point to get & achieve anything. It only makes sense.

Doreen

Decorating Ideas
J
Koala
Koala
J
You're right on, Doreen! Part of manifesting anything is learning to overcome obstacles in our thinking which stop us from achieving anything.

I think there is always hope for people, even those living in poverty but they would definitely have to some way improve their mindset and conceive of having plenty as a possibility for them. People can and do create miracles in their lives.

As far as religion giving hope-this is just my personal opinion but I feel that many organized religions actually take away people's hope. By saying things are "God's will" it takes away people's idea of creating a better life for themselves and assuming responsibility for doing so. There is the idea in Christian religion that God loves the poor and it's better to be poor than rich. This gives people an excuse not to try and achieve more in life. How about "Your true reward is in the afterlife?" In other words, if we're lucky enough to make it through this life without causing trouble to anyone, we'll be rewarded when we die.

Catherine Ponder who started the Unity Church actually taught prosperity but you won't see that in most Christian churches.

Lita, I'm glad you got something so positive from reading Wayne Dyer. He's one of my favorite authors and was teaching about manifesting long before it became known as the Law of Attraction.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I started to work on being grateful for what I have in my life instead of worrying about money & I find when ever I change my point of view I seem to lose customers!!!Yikes!!

Why is that? I advertise daily & am trying to schedule a full base so I am set with money a bit -then they start cancelling!

Yeesh!! I can't stand that. How do you all get to the point that you are wealthy or to a point you feel secure? You're right about feeling secure-that's what I want & to prosper & grow.

What do you all feel about the unstable economy? I am cleaning/organizing houses PT in addition to my other computer repair/graphic desighn biz.

The cleaning is so unstable. I do have a nice base but been trying to grow it & seem to always need more clients. How would you all approach acheiving a full schedule?

Doreen

Decorating Ideas
J
Koala
Koala
J
What you need to do is some visualization. Sit quietly every morning and visualize many people calling you for appointments, many names in your appointment book and being grateful for all the customers you have and the opportunity to help them.

Do NOT think about any unstable economy. There are people who thrive in any economy. The economy doesn't affect me because I don't believe it will. I am making more money each month, as is my goal and I don't listen to any gloom and doom about the economy. Personally I believe it's all hyped up out of proportion because it's an election year. Do you notice that the more people talk about "recession" the more people believe we are in one? It's all perception.

Believe that your business will thrive in any economy. Visualize success and customers every morning and every night before you go to bed. Focus on how much you are helping people rather than making money.

These are my thoughts? Anyone else have an idea?

Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks Joan for responding!!!

I do get clients also & am building our computer repair /graphic design biz also. I met a woman who has a fax newsletter & wants to go over my marketing plan with me as she loves my ideas.

I will visualize & use affirmations like you suggested. Just wonder how to stop the nagging anxiety I get about money? Just keep replacing negative thoughts with positive & use visualzation techniques constantly?

My perfect clients will come to me!!!!!

Doreen

Decorating Ideas
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi Doreen

I think it's important to realize that visualizing and affirming is also about changing old negative programming into new more empowered ones. It takes time as you're changing years and years of old habits. Be gentle with yourself.

I rarely "sell" any of my own products here BUT I believe in my heart of hearts that you should go to my website: http://www.SharonIsMyMentor.com and check out my "Breaking Through" e-mentoring course. It's $27.

Part of the course is an assessment quiz to help figure out where your "blocks" are to success. I then send deailed results and suggestions for those areas that need a little improvement. And, there's follow-up e-mentoring with me to support changing those habits that aren't working into new positive ones. I believe strongly this will help!

You have blocks locked down-deep in your mind about allowing yourself the joy of making and enjoying money - many women do, it's not unusual at all. It often stems from habits learned in childhood.

Read too the articles on the Abundance and Wealth site - the pieces of knowledge begin adding up and you'll start building more self-confidence in yourself and your ability to make and enjoy money.

Here's one of my personal affirmations I'd like to share with you: "I am worthy and deserving of success, happiness and unlimited prosperity."

I believe in you and your success,
~Sharon

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

Amoeba
Amoeba
Thanks Sharon,

I signed up for your newsletter & would like to take your e-mentoring course.

I don't really feel I don't deserve money or success. It's probably more that I only like working in certain avenues. More like my strenghts are being creative & problems solving but I prefer to work one on one or alone. I'm not into groups or giving seminars etc.

I market daily & network alot. It's funny -I keep trying to have a successful graphic design biz & keep making my living from Home services. I feel like I am being given a lemon & I have to keep making lemonade to succeed.

My goals are to make a substantial income from my artistic talents & to travel & work forever. I never run out of creative ideas. Designing or marketing is soomething I really enjoy & would do even if I didn't get paid.

Doreen

Decorating Ideas
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I remember reading in a self-help book ages ago about making money magnetic. It's pretty much like the law of attraction. Before I read that, I had negative thought patterns around saving money. I kept telling myself that I just didn't have any to save. But when I thought of money itself attracting money, I changed my mind and started saving out of each paycheck, sometimes even $5 or $10.

This actually helped change my thinking regarding money. I wasn't as worried about it because I started with a small cushion in my checking account, so I wasn't worried about overdraft fees. Then with that worry off my mind snowballed into saving an emergency fund (albeit slowly) for things like auto repairs (which has helped immensely). Now, the snowball keeps getting bigger and I'm paying off debt and saving for a house.

I know the term "paying yourself first" may seem cheesy, but it really does alleviate a lot of worries which in turn changes the way we think about money.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
J
Koala
Koala
J
Great idea about the paying yourself first Trish. The book "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" has a money system that includes 10% always to yourself first in savings. Of course his system also included 10% to blow in any way you wanted to so you feel like a "Millionaire." Kind of a reward for keeping the rest of your money in the pots it belonged in.

One thing I've started doing is not focusing on the money itself. People do have many negative thoughts and hang ups about the subject of money and these hold us back from achieving or feeling we are worthy.

Maybe you should try EFT the Emotional Freedom Technique On this website you can download a free manual and there's tons of great articles about using EFT for issues like you describe.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Has any one tried EFT?

I've always found money pretty interesting. When I was a little kid I loved counting it!

I seem to make good money, but I don't know where it is.

Doreen

Decorating Ideas
J
Koala
Koala
J
I've used EFT for a variety of things! On the website they have articles about using it for lots more than money issues.

A woman named Carol Look wrote a book on using EFT to achieve abundance tho. I haven't read it but I've listened to her in several audio interviews and performances on using EFT to get past money blocks.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thank you ALL for the great discussion.

There are sooooo many methods for breaking the old habits and limitations of the past. The key is to find the method most comfortable for you. I believe they all will work, if you believe they will work.

Personally, EFT didn't work for me BUT I don't know if I totally gave it my 100%.

What does work for me? I bombard myself daily with positives. Three or four mornings a week I'm up early listening, reading or watching a DVD about abundance, wealth and self-development. For me, it's an on-going process.

I truly believe you can and should make money doing what you love to do. You can be spirtual and creative and rich! Why not?

The only limitations we have are the ones which we place on ourselves. Whatever works for you - it's the right thing!

I am passionate about women making and enjoying money. Not having to think or worry about money allows us to spend time doing what we love to do.

Here's to your successes!
~Sharon

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

Amoeba
Amoeba
I believe making a good income doing what you absolutely love is essential to a happy healthy existence. I went to school for art & have never been able to make my living solely from that.

I"m talking about commercial art too. I love design, but have been making my living for past 2 decades from Housecleaning!!!!

Isn't that weird? I never would have picked housecleaning. I just fell into it. I like the schedule, money & being left alone with no stress to work.

I want to make my living from design. I just wonder why that is so elusive? Is it because it's competitive or I'm not designing my career?

Doreen

Decorating Ideas
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Thanks ofr all the great suggestions! I got one by wayne dyer at the library and am enjoying it. It's called "You'll see it when yo believe it."

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I understand everything about manifesting what you want to come in to your life, but don't you also have to have a concrete plan? I want to change my career but everything seems so unattainable. How do you get past thinking about it to actually doing it?

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Jennifer

That's the hardest part of all - getting passed the doubts. The old programs and thought patterns are lodged deep in the unconscious mind.

I recommend starting with reading, listening and watching empowering books, tapes and programs. It takes effort to overcome the negativity out there.

The Law of Attraction is about belief too. The belief manifests itself in your plan. It's writing out your plan, affirming your plan and believing in what you're doing to make the plan a reality.

We don't always have to know HOW it's going to happen, we do have to know though what we want to happen. We have to be going in a definite direction or we'll just end up anywhere.

You have BELIEVE and EXPECT changing careers is a done deal. Without an ounce of doubt - that's the most difficult part. Changing the doubt into complete self-confidence.

It starts one step and one day at a time. Say positive things about your achieving your new career - not negative things.

Before you know it, you're taking giant step forward!

I believe in you!!!

~Sharon

Last edited by Sharon - Wealth Editor; 02/17/08 10:37 AM.

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Thank you Sharon!

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Great advice, Sharon. I've been working on manifesting a better life for myself and my kids too.

I've found it helps to keep a journal. Every night before I go to sleep, I think of my goal and ask, "what can I do to make it happen? Then each morning in my journal, I state my goal and write down 3 things I can do that day to make it happen. I don't give myself time to think, I just write.

I've actually had some pretty inspired suggestions for myself! I always try to remember to express gratitude for the ideas as well.

Gecko
Gecko
Hi!
I sometimes do money affirmations e.g. "Money comes easily and frequently" or "I love money and money loves me" and look at pictures or any free videos about money/abundance.
I think there is a connection.
I think it is working and I have attracted some extra money!
Like to attract a whole lot more though but I'm grateful.

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Spooled Threads and Deterioration
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 02/29/24 01:57 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 02/28/24 12:50 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/28/24 12:24 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/23/24 11:02 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 02/23/24 09:05 AM
Bird Buddy
by Angie - 02/22/24 08:18 PM
Sewing Ideas for St. Patrick's Day
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 02/21/24 05:33 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/20/24 03:20 PM
Tennis Legend Roger Federer - New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 02/19/24 08:57 PM
Lined Note Paper Template for Digital Planner
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:38 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.