logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gold Offline OP
OP Offline
G
thought you may have some ideas. I cant get madison to eat anything lately all she wants to do is drink juice or water. no she is not sick, we thought she may be cutting a tooth but not that either. so far we have tried everything to offer her soft foods, such as eggs, fresh fruit, oatmeal to yogurt( runs when she sees that!! LOL..). not only is she not wanting to eat breakfast but dinner or lunch as well. I'm at my wits end on this..I know they take growth spurts and slow down eating but this is rediculous....I'm tired of wasting food not to mention pulling my hair.
she wont even eat rice...or soup sooooooooo what is going on in her little pea brain...

I dont fuss over her when shes not eating I just walk away and go out the back yard and scream....LOL...just kidding...I try not to fuss too much! I even ask her what do you want...shes about 2.5 yrs now.
sooooo perhaps you can give me some ideas??? even offering her fav foods isnt working!!

thanks to all in advance!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Yes kids do slow down their eating at this age, but they don't normally stop eating. I can understand your frustration. If she is drinking too much juice or anything for that matter, that is probably filling her up. If it were me, when she asks for a drink, I would tell her she had to eat something first, especially at meal times. You can check with your pediatrician to see how much fluid she needs during the day.
Offer up a handful of cereal or something small then when she eats that, give her a small amount to drink. This may feel mean at first, but 2.5 year olds want control. Some control like choices of something to eat are ok, but total control is not.

Hang in there. Most kids will eat when they are hungry, It just seems like she is filling up on liquid.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Our daughter just turned four and still eats like a bird. She has been doing this since she was about 2.5 as well. It is very frustrating and just once in a great while she will eat decently but not too often. She does eat a bit more now than she did then but not much.

However, she is always there asking for snacks and cups of milk so we cut those things out completely until she starts to eat more at meals. Right now she will eat a couple of bites and leave the table.

I had two other children at that age before as well and they were tough to get to eat anything too. I did like Sue said. Give them a handful of cereal or a small bowl of cereal when everything else fails and if she eats that then at least she is not going hungry and has something in her stomach.

You may just have to give her a bowl of cereal for dinner for awhile as you eat your normal dinner, if she will even eat cereal for you.

Good luck. Don't worry, it will get better.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.