Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
What you said is interesting, Joan. I've been focusing on the internet for almost a year. My web traffic increases every month, but sometimes it can seem really slow! However, I'm still doing what I can to increase my traffic like free article submissions, publishing an ezine that people can forward and even posting on Bella.

That's something else I just realized helps my stress...having a plan! I know what I need to do next (information products). I just have to keep focused on my goal and do what I need to do.

What did you do specifically to build your website traffic before you left it to simmer in the search engines?

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Please bear with me, I feel I need to give some background to the last 6 months.

In April I was working as an account manager for an oil supply company and loved the job but due to certain limitations on the company being able to deliver and other issues I decided to quit. It is a long story but everyone I talked to before I made the decision in the industry and personal said I had no choice.

This was my 4th job in 2 years, I was laid off, I was fired, and I worked at home depot to bring in cash until I could find a career job as and account manager. So to quit a job I was striving for and loved doing was hard. It also meant no money coming in. I started Carennedy Solutions and the first effort put me $1,000.00 in the hole and got me one angry husband, who now looks at me like I'm a failure.

My husband, a negative overly stressed man at the best of times, decided enough was enough I'd had my chance to make it in the big city and we were moving back to the Okanagan. Moving back to the Okanagan to me was admitting I was a failure in the big world and I couldn't make it on my own. I was devistated but looked at it as an opportunity, started as a rep for Latasia Jewellery and went to live with my parents 'til we could find a place in order to get the kids settled for school.

4 days after I moved my husband got a call from a drilling company to interview for his dream career. As a mechanic, even a self employed working from home one, he was miserable and we had invested years and 10s of thousands of dollars for him to get his pilot's licenses. Part of his stress and negativity was he couldn't find a job that paid as pilot - lots of $5.00 a week jobs and $12.00/hr loading bags & gasing up plane's in Fort Mac jobs -- if you know anything about Fort Mac you'd know you can't live on $12/hr in Fort Mac. People that work at Tim Horton's make $25.00 /hr. So to get a call to go fly and be a mechanic and make a mechanics wage was too good of a chance to pass up. So I told him to call the dealership in Kelowna and ask them to hold the job and try to get this flying job. So he stayed in Calgary and I stayed in the Okanagan (6 hrs. apart) and it took 1 and half months for him to get the job.

In the meantime I had thrown everything I had and more into promoting Latasia to the Vernon - Penticton areas and went into debt as a result. It took a month and a half but then I was beginning to make really good profits, due to the high margin. But by then it was time to move back to Calgary and start all over again.

My husband pays the mortgage and bills. If we want to eat I need to sell something. So he now lives in Ponoka (2.5 hrs from Calgary) and I'm a single mom here with a kid in Kindergarten & another in grade 3. I did sell $900.00 of jewellery last week so things are beginning to look good money wise and I can breath.

There has been a lot of change, and a lot of failure in the last year, a year I was hoping to be one full of success due to the hard time I had the year before.

I was feeling the crunch last week as I would run into more selfish people and had no support of my own. I figured out who my real friends were last week. It is rare for me to have those moments of crisis but when I do I do. With my husband thinking I'm a failure and my mother telling me to go get a real job and my husband bitching about money and his mom asking me why I wasn't looking for work or wasn't going to move the kids to a third school in the spring to be closer to my husband.... I don't know how these people think I can get a job when I have to take the kids to school for 8:00am and then pick up my daughter at 10:30 am and my son at 2:30pm have them all evening and weekends when my husband can't make it home, which in the oil field will be most of the time for the next 5 months.

I just vented huge, something I don't usually do with friends let alone online to strangers.... but AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now you know why I was a little impatient and down last week. Things are better this week and I can handle selfish motives again.

H
Hjm Offline
Shark
Shark
H
Venting is good Girl It helps alot. Yep you are right you find out who your real friends are when the tough times come. Also sad to say family wise also. You know what it makes YOU stronger and YOU are NOT a failure girl. Just had a rough voyage in the sea for a spell. You hold that head high. Things will work out. Keep the faith. Whistle or hum.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm whistling dixie.....

Things are looking up I have a number of interested WAHM coming next Tuesday to the network meeting to learn about Cooperative marketing and how it can benefit them.

Doing my business plan really did help because it made me refocus on how it was all going to come together. I just didn't know which bite to take first.

As well, Some products I ordered from my store came in and they ended up lookiing way better than I thought. I was really impressed with the clock, the calendar, and the christmas cards. Ok that's a plug! The mug though -- not sure what happened but I'm not happy with the quality of the image.

And the coffee is amazing...... it came Friday and I gotta tell ya if you get a chance to buy coffee from costa rica you should. OK another shameless plug.

I'm excited OK ... Which is way better then where I was last week.

Tami S Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Congratulations, Shannon! I'm glad to hear things are looking up.

Look at how far you have come smile Thanks for sharing your story. Isn't success that much sweeter when you know how much you've invested into your dream?

This makes me think of another stressor us Entrepreneur women face. So many people don't believe in our dream, our businesses, until they see it paying off according to their own perceptions. We need to keep our own personal vision strong in front of us.

Actually, that is something I do. I regularly visualize my business as thriving and developing exactly as I hoped it would. I then keep that vision in my mind and regularly tell myself I CAN do this! My future is up to me and no one else. Of course, I need to make sure I'm keeping my thoughts on this positive track in order to support my vision. (I can't remember if I'm repeating myself on this thread. If so, my apologies.)

What do some of you other women entrepreneurs do to overcome the stress when someone close to you doesn't believe in your ability to succeed at what you are doing?

Remember, there may be someone who reads this who really needs to hear what you have to share.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
L
L
Wow! Great conversation here.

The thing that signficantly reduces my stress is maintaining a strategic long-term view of what I do.

I am currently married to an active military member, which means that I have to constantly adjust...and readjust...and readjust.

So...after a lot of movement and change and feeling like I was living my life in constant state of unsettleness caused by the "just-waiting-until-we-have-to-move-again" reality of military life.

I had to look at my life for what it was. I had to take the good and the bad...and stare myself in the face...and say "what is it that you REALLY want to use your life to do...and to be."

Then I had to equip myself with the tools, strategy and patience required to make it happen.

And yes...I was forced to stare my reality in it's face and then design my action plan in such a way that what I do works in congruence with my reality.

I also have to accept a reality-based fact of life: there will be some bad days mixed in with the good.

Thus, this meant that I had to define success in such a way that it meshed with my reality.

It was then that my personalized-definition success emerged.

My personal measure of success was to challenge myself to continually move at least one step - or even one thought - closer to what it was that I wanted to accomplish with my life.

Thus, I began to rest more peacefully at night, knowing that I was at least one step - or even one thought - closer to what I wanted to use my life to accomplish.

This simple principle has helped me to keep moving toward my goal despite having to constantly adjust to military pressures, geographic relocations, and family re-adjustments.

For me the path to success requires a sagacious dose of stick-to-it-ness mired in purpose, strategy, clarity, and passion-driven action.

For way too long...I stood in the recesses of life...just waiting.

But I can't want no more. I must use my voice, my gifts, and my my talents to release a sparked-passion into the world.

Thanks for listening...I look forward to hearing from more of you soon!

Latarsha Lytle, MBA
Pursue A Career That Makes Your Heart Go Wild: www.career-change-positioning.com
Start A Biz That Impacts The World: www.small-business-ideas-branded-by-passion.com
Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
The thing that signficantly reduces my stress is maintaining a strategic long-term view of what I do.

I am currently married to an active military member, which means that I have to constantly adjust...and readjust...and readjust.

Totally understand -- that in itself is stressful.....

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!! KEEP ON CHUGGING TO SUCCESS

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Latarsha, I was raised in a military family and we moved a lot. When I compare my life to others my age who lived in one place all their lives, I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything.

I like your attitude! Taking a larger view of life in general can make the small details less worrisome.

B
B
Hi Tami
Thank you for your welcome. I haven't been on the forum for a few days. Everything you say is true, stress is definately fear and the things that I am worrying about are not life and death situations. I will try to remember that.If it does not work out, I just go back get a job and thats that. It's the "as one door closes another one opens" philosophy we have here in Ireland! Life is a journey of ups and downs and it is the way we cope with the downs and enjoy the ups that make the difference. I agree with one of the other posters who tries to live in the moment. When I try to live in the moment I feel way more relaxed because we cannot control the future and worrying about it is pointless because we cannot possibly know how things are going to work out - I should heed my own advice! I like the idea of embracing life situations as and when they arise and treating them all as learning experiences.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I Love this Forum ! messy houses, waiting for websites to take off, risking everything to start up alone, hubbies away, kids, stress- it s all here! Why do we do it?? (Becuase we need to know we can?)

Siobhain
Short Stories Editor (new)

Do pop over and see me too - That would help My stress !! (10 Years! - hope i dont have to wait that long!)

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.