logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
I've recently posted an article about the show. What are your thoughts about it? Love it? Hate it? Sound off here!

Stacey Abler Military Families Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
I don't think the show is believable. The way it involves the wives in the husband's work is laughable. I can't begin to remember the times I would ask my husband about his job and he would say"If I told you that I would have to shoot you." Somethings a military wife just learns to accept. If the military had wanted him to have a family they would have issued him one.

Tomorrow is another day.
Scarlett O'Harrah
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
My dad was in the Navy and I also find the wives involvement laughable! Plus some of their story lines that Kim is involved in make military life look worse than it is. We always got lots of help and support from the military and the military community and we still have friends all over the world.

I haven't watched enough of this show recently to decide what I think about it. From what I did see though, the wives rule in the show is ridiculously overdramatic. I will pass making a judgement until I have time to watch an entire episode!

Sarah Fierro
Editor
Military Families @ BellaOnline

<3 Proud military daughter and wife <3
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Well, I LOVE the UNIT! It is television, so they can take some creative liberties with how they do some of the show. However, the issues are pretty real, to me. My girlfriend's husband was Army intelligence for over 20 years and she enjoys the show, too. There were MANY times that he was gone and she wouldn't even know which continent he was on, much less the country or the detail. (We would try to guess where he was by the "hot spots" but he could not talk about it).

I love the characters and the actors who play them. I couldn't believe how Hector spent the whole show, this week, saving Williams, only to get a bullet through HIS neck. We sure did not see that coming. The way they did his funeral was pretty real and legitimate, and VERY touching. My husband says that the police department does the same kind of thing, by calling out the officer's name a few times over his radio, and having no answer. It was very chilling!

Trish

Parakeet
Parakeet
Most of the time, the wives on the show are completely in the dark about their husbands' assignments. Their adventures are usually something that ties in thematically, but is entirely separate.

Hector's death was great for sweeps week, I'm sure, but it was hard on the fans. Now I suppose we'll spend the rest of the season watching them break in a newbie and likely a Mrs. newbie. Ugh.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Zebra
Zebra
Oh, great, thanks!
we get the show in the UK, and still haven't got to 'Hector's Death' yet!!

well, that IS something to look forward to!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Hey, I didn't spoil first! Blame Trish! :p

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Zebra
Zebra
yes I see that, but it's your post that appeared top in the 'most recent posts' list, so I saw your first.
besides, Trish scares me.... laugh

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thanks for the reveiw Stacey. It was interesting reading the military point of view. I love the show and the characters. Everyone in my house knows where I will be every Tues. evening.

I'm glad it has something about the wives every week although I'm getting bored with Tiffy and Mack's problems. I'd like to slap them and tell them to get over it and work it out. smile

I knew, (when the promo said one of the team would be killed) that it would have to be Hector since he witnessed the affair between Tiffy and the Col.
Sorry the big season surprise got spoiled for you Alexandra. - Yikes, maybe you haven't gotten to Hector witnessing the affair either. frown

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 11/17/07 05:26 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.