Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#353470 11/10/07 02:56 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I am surprised at how many people complain of not sleeping enough at night because of the restlessness of their legs, arms and body. The experts are still not sure what causes the syndrome. At times even my hair irritates me where it touches my skin.

In winter a glass of hot milk, Rooibos tea and walking up and down helps me to fall asleep when I go back to bed. Sometimes taking a calcium and magnesium tablet also help.

Ever been to a concert, wedding, church or some place you are supposed to sit still for some time and finding it impossible to keep your feet from constantly needing to move? I have and found it humiliating and irritating, wishing I can get up and leave to some place I can rub, scratch, kick or do whatever my body needs to rid itself from the
Never-ending Unwanted tingling sensation!

Join the Forum and tell us how you cope with restless legs. Perhaps we can build a helpful pamphlet on handling this irritating occurrence of having our well-deserved sleep interrupted by our own bodies interfering with our rest.

WollieWoehler
Neuromuscular Diseases Editor

YOUR NAME
Neuromuscular Diseases
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
You know, I never heard of this until a drug company started trying to sell the drug.

Is it posible that the drug company has HYPED something in order to sell medication to an unsuspecting public is there? They would NEVER do something like that would they (said with HEAVY sarcasm).

Zebra
Zebra
It's certainly possible, but alas, my ex-mother-in-law had the condition way back in the day when there were no drugs for it. To hear her talk about it was weird--I couldn't comprehend it then--your legs want to move when you try to lay down & sleep?

Her treatment then was to just live with it.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I'm sure it existed but I think the drug company has hyped it so much to sell their drugs for it.

When I was a kid my grandmother called me a fidget because I couldn't lay still in bed.

J
Koala
Koala
J
RLS is a very real condition. I have it myself but taking iron, magnesium and folic acid pretty much takes care of it. It is many times caused by a vitamin deficiency-something a drug company won't tell you.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
What you say makes sense of course, that there is a simple solution for it rather then taking what must be an expensive drug.

W
OP Offline
W
I am afraid that certain companies may do just that to promote their product. I am always a little sceptic when remarks such as "full proof" or "no side effects" or similar strong claim is made. One also needs to know what the ingrediants of the kproduct are as some of them can cause more damage than do good.

Restless legs syndrome is well-known amongst people with one or other type of neuromuscular disease.

I always talk to a doctor or pharmasist first before I buy a new product.

On the other hand, I will not turn a product down before I have done my home work first as certain natural products may very well bring relief to pain or discomfort.

WollieWoehler
Neuromuscular Diseases Editor

YOUR NAME
Neuromuscular Diseases
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
My DH has restless legs - it started about 4 years ago when he was 44 - it doesn't bother him that much but it certainly disturbs my sleep. It seems to come and go...it won't happen for a few nights and then it will be dreadful for a few nights. It's interesting the restless legs started at about the same time as the snoring - I wonder whether it has something to do with my DH giving up the gym and gaining 4-5 kilos.
All of the men in my husband's family have restless legs and it presented at roughly the same stage of life so it certainly sounds like a genetic thing.
My DH did take some very expensive medication for a few months (at my urging) - it didn't seem to make a big difference so it's back to the drawing board.
I wonder whether stress aggravates the condition....sometimes after a stressful week at work, his legs don't stop moving - sometimes the movements are jerky - I've been kicked a few times!
Interesting though, it only happens in his sleep.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I've noticed that stress does aggravate the RLS. Also, sitting at the computer all day and not moving around enough. Yoga stretches are helpful too.

A
A
We found that for those with Fibromyalgia, RLS is a direct result of not enough deep, restorative sleep.

We "perceive light and sound as being more more important than they are". Enough so that we can't stay down in deep sleep enough.

Fortunately, we can wear an eye mask and ear plugs to block out all light and all sound - at our heads, and get that sleep.

RLS stops.

Hope this is helpful for you, too.

Anne Hillebrand
www.FibroFix.com

Free site tells about Fibromyalgia.

In HIS grip,

Anne Hillebrand
Orlando, FL

www.FibroFix.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jori-ND Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.