Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Pro Wrestling isn't a sport. It is sports entertainment and they do have storyline writers for the wrestlers. It isn't so much reality television as it is a "male soap opera", so to speak.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
That's really interesting! I never knew that about pro-wrestling. Funny how men make fun of women's soaps and then they have this-lol.

Parakeet
Parakeet
What I heard (I'm not vouching for accuracy here, there's too much conjecture out there right now) was that most of the writers made sure there were enough scripts to get through November sweeps, which I think has now ended, but not much beyond that. Shows that have new episodes next week will likely be airing the last one they have.

As for Heroes coming to a quick season ender, it was my understanding that they already had plans for the spin off "Heroes: Origins" to take over the time slot for six weeks or so in mid-season, and I read about that before the strike. If the Origins scripts were ready in advance (I'm sure at least one or two were), the Heroes franchise may be the best prepared on primetime to continue showing new episodes during this crisis.

As much as I love being entertained, I think I'd rather it all come to a screeching halt if that's what it takes to get the attention required to further the writers' cause.

Ditto for the Local One stagehands striking on Broadway. I know what kind of work they do; I've done it. It's hard work with no glory, and a general public that thinks the actors and directors are all that matters. Some of us thespians aren't actors, we're techies, hands, artists, costumers, stage managers, etc. It does my heart good to see them turn around the follow spot, so to speak.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
J
Koala
Koala
J
I read in the newspaper this morning the writers are going back to the table.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I guess the writers are still on strike. It seems like after the Thanksgiving break the media stopped covering the strike alot. I came from Starbucks today and have noticed alot more people hanging there lately. My professor told me we might see more people at Starbucks with laptops and notebooks. Have you all noticed that at any of the coffee shops you go to?

Parakeet
Parakeet
I've seen larger crowds at coffee places lately, but I attributed it to the massive amounts of people fortifying themselves for and recovering from shopping binges. Then again, the coffee shops I frequent are near big shopping centers. So maybe I'm not seeing a good cross section of the current coffee house population.

More shows seem to be running out of scripts. I'm seeing a lot fewer ads for "an all new ____(fill in the blank with name of show)." *sigh* I just wish the strike were over...

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
J
Koala
Koala
J
I've noticed too that quite a few shows this week were re-runs. Of course with holiday shows coming on in Dec it won't show up much til January probably.

I've noticed bigger crowds at the book stores I frequent. Maybe people will start reading again!

Gecko
Gecko
I can't stand repeats, and now that you can watch whatever show you might miss on the web, there really isn't any reason for repeats. Unless, oh that's right, there is no one to write the new shows!!! (slightly sarcastic huh?)

Hopefully everyone will be busy with holiday stuff and family time, and my the time all that is over, the strike will be too. I am already going to stock up on dvd's for Christmas just in case.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sue - I think the DVD idea is great!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Usually they show re-runs in December anyway, so hopefully there will be a few new episodes left for January. I'm sure though that we will be hit with way too many weird reality programs soon.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Maria - Prime Time TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.