Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B

The first one to answer ONE trivia question correctly will win the prize. This contest is open to anyone living in the US or UK who is aged 18 or older. Only posts that are unedited will be accepted as answers. Prize will be shipped to the winner at no cost to the winner. The prize will be The French Don't Diet Plan which is worth $24.00. For complete rules, please visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Um, Paris!!

B
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
B
Congrats!

You've just won The French Don't Diet Plan which is worth $24.00. Please PM(Privite Message me) With your mailing info.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Yeah. That's soooo not going to happen.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
This is Lisa Shea, the owner of BellaOnline.com. The forum sweepstakes we run on the forum site are all moderated and operated by us. If you enter to win one, how can we get the prize to you unless you tell us where to send it?

If you are saying you wish to pass on the prize, then we will ask another question so that someone else can win it ... but I'm confused, then, why you answered it?

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I answered the question because I did want the prize.

However, any moderator on this site should not be a newbie who just opened an account a few days ago. Once I realized that the person who posted this initial post had registered 10/30/2007 and is a newbie, I was very skeptical of this being an actual giveaway. I thought it was spam. Plus, the question was so insanely easy, I was a bit skeptical that it was real anyway...

I also thought that I entered my address information when I registered for the site. I figured that anyone who was legitimately running an authorized contest would be able to access this information. Since I can't find it now, I guess I was mistaken on this.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this. I'm glad to learn that it is a real contest. I think you can understand my initial security concerns though.

I will send my address and claim my prize. Thanks for your, and whoever else deals with these contests, patience.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ah but the Sweepstakes account isn't a moderator smile That is a brand new account we created in order to get through the forum sweepstakes prize backlog that has accumulated. In fact we have two sweepstakes accounts we're using; one is plowing through the tshirts and posters, the other is plowing through the books and DVDs. You'll probably see both of them creating posts in the forum.

We're doing easy questions because the aim is to get the prizes given away for the holidays, not to torment people smile

Our forum doesn't ask for address information? When you register it simply asks for an email address and password - nothing else ...?

You can always feel free to use the site-wide contact form to contact me, any time you have a question about a legitimacy of a post. That way you know you're talking with the real owner and I can respond with the information you need.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
You make a very good point, though. This main BellaOnline forum account I'm posting with here is rarely used for posting, so it has few post counts. It is mainly an administrator account. However, you can SEE that it's an administrator account with the little A flag.

We can set the other two sweepstakes accounts to also have that administrator flag, that way they are visually indicated as being authorized by the BellaOnline staff. I'll have that done now.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
Thanks for explaining all of that!!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow! Quite a dialogue going here. Cheers to Froggie for winning the prize, though I would have to agree, the question was a bit too easy!

Melissa Demiguel
French Culture Editor

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris...then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."
Ernest Hemingway

Moderated by  FrenchCultureMelissa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.