Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi Everyone,

This is Sharon your new Abundance and Wealth Editor.

I'm in the process of learning the "in's and out's" of being your editor. I'm also committed to producing quality content.

So . . . I have a question:

What does "wealth" mean to you?

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

I look forward to sharing with you,
Sharon Michaels

http://www.bellaonline.com/site/AbundanceandWealth

Last edited by Sharon - Wealth; 11/02/07 12:16 AM.

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Sharon:
Hi!Let me introduce myself, I am bewitched on the forum but my real name is Debbie. Wealth to me means having good health, love and support in what you do that makes you happy. When you have your health, someone to love you and the support to accomplish your goals, you have it all.

Bewitched
J
Koala
Koala
J
Wealth does have many sides, such as an abundance of money, health, spirit and all the things that make life something to be cherished. I think people make a mistake in thinking true wealth can only come in a dollar amount.

To me wealth is feeling secure, like I will always be taken care of, whether it's in the financial arena or other areas of my life.

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
To me wealth is being happy and content with yourself and your life.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I've been giving a lot of thought to my own definition of wealth - I realize these definitions are very personal.

Thank you everyone for sharing and I hope more of you will find it comfortable to share. We aren't going to pass judgement - there are no wrong or right answers.

Wealth to me is the ability to live comfortably and know my family will always be taken care of, no matter what. It�s the ability to give financially to those causes I feel make our world a better place. And, it�s the ability to be financially independent.

You may want to read this week's feature article: Wealth Begins On The Inside

Also, please take a minute to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. You'll find the sign up box at the bottom of the Abundance and Wealth website pages.

Here's to your abundance and wealth!

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
It's Sharon again - I've been thinking more about my Wealth definition. The more I learn, the more my definition seems to be evolving.

Here's my origingal: Wealth to me is the ability to live comfortably and know my family will always be taken care of, no matter what. It�s the ability to give financially to those causes I feel make our world a better place. And, it�s the ability to be financially independent.

Here's what I'm adding: Wealth is also about the peace, contentment and love I experience in my life. It doesn't matter how much money we have, if we don't have internal peace it doesn't really matter does it?

Thank you everyone for sharing and I hope more of you will find it comfortable to share.

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I see this topic is under the money channel so I'll respond from that aspect of wealth and abundance.

I'm nearing retirement age - abundance and wealth to me is having enough income to live after retirement as before retirement.

Let's hope the health holds up as long as possible! Retirement wealth would include enough medical and health insurance, too.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Susan did you know that about 90% of how well you age is in your control through health choices you make every day? I'm nearing retirement age too and for the past 10 years I've been living an extremely healthy life and feel great.

Not only that tho, my husband, who has lots of things like cancer and diabetes in his family, has been able to correct any health problem that came up through natural means-such as high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high blood pressure.

My husband is still working while I am building multiple streams of passive income for us for later. Passive income is when you invest time building a means for money to keep coming in, even if you don't do any more with it. The way I'm doing it is building websites.

No stream of income is huge (yet) but the idea is to have multiple streams to add up to something bigger.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
joanj - I like your attitude and ideas ...

Great post! The idea of wealth to me sure has changed over the years. I used to think it was about money and it isn't any longer the most important. True wealth is having a happy and healthy family, great friends and the Lord. Then the money! lol

Have a Great Day!

Wendy

Shop the Tupperware Catalog Online
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi Everyone!

Just wondering if you'd like to add your thoughts to the definition of wealth. There's no right nor wrong answers and we all realize how personal it is!

You may want to read the article Wealth Begins On The Inside and let us know what you think.

We all appreciate your sharing, thank you.

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I think Wealth to me is - feeling content emotionally, spiritually, physically and financially.

I'm especially concerned about having wealth for my retirement and taking care of aging parents.

I find myself sometimes not truly believing I can achieve wealth.
Does anyone else feel that way?

Amoeba
Amoeba
Wealth is something that you earned to make a better life.

E
E
Originally Posted By: bewitched
Sharon:
Hi!Let me introduce myself, I am bewitched on the forum but my real name is Debbie. Wealth to me means having good health, love and support in what you do that makes you happy. When you have your health, someone to love you and the support to accomplish your goals, you have it all.

All in a nut shell. I agree totally with you.

E
E
Originally Posted By: Tonet
Wealth is something that you earned to make a better life.

Wealth is often aquired by those who are born into it as well but are a wreck in life.

Hi all,

Wealth to me is having enough....enough love, enough sadness, enough joy, enough pain, enough pleasure, enough pets, enough sorrow, enough money, etc.

Enough is when I don't feel hungry for more, satisfied, satiated, complete, full, etc.

Thanks for asking...makes you think about the important things in life.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Any one else want to share their definition of wealth?

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

Amoeba
Amoeba
Wealth to me is attaining your goals & being extremely satisfied with all aspects of your life. Career, Money, Love, Travel, Health.

To have fulfilled your potential & lived your passions & interests. Every one will have challanges -but to know you're on top of the world & in your calling using your paticular talents to the hightest level.

Not having to deal with huge limitations, actually feeling & achieving your heart's desires.

Decorating Ideas
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Wealth is not only having enough for yourself and your family but being able to share the wealth and help others.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Is wealth more of a mind-set or strictly dollars and cents?

What do you think? Do you have to think wealthy to become wealthy or become wealthy to think wealthy?

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Wealth to me is having enough money that I could buy a comfortable home, a car, and handle my expenses without having to worry about missing a paycheck.

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
In my mind, wealth is having what you need and being happy with what you have. If you can accomplish those things, you have all the money you need.

Tiger
Tiger

Quote:
What does "wealth" mean to you?

It means not being in credit card debt more than $1000. It means not having to wait years to buy an item you want. It means having money in the bank for retirement. It means having cash to cover unforseen expenses like car repairs or a new toaster oven.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
a song from Abba!
LOL! Money money money!
Wealth ahh! there's the rub! I want it, but i don't have it, However what I do have is worth so much more! smile

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 03/04/08 06:21 AM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Amoeba
Amoeba
It means becoming lazy, losing inventiveness and ambition. It can also make you fat

f

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Good point fay. Yes many rich Kings became fat. Henry VIII, George IIII, Louis XVI.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Tiger
Tiger
Well, I'm fat and I certainly ain't rich. So that isn't really an accurate stereotype. Not to mention lots of wealthy people are quite slim.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
yes you are right, I guess its when rich goes wrong. Some people can handle wealth, and handle it well, others handle it unwisely.
I think personally, I would not want to be really wealthy, because I know I can become both greedy and selfish, and I need to guard myself against that.

Both Henry VIII and George IIII were not shown correctly about the proper responsibilities of money, Henry grew greedy and George particularly was a sad case, he was not Allowed responsibility so he become lazy and extravagant too.

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 03/04/08 06:50 AM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Is wealth a state of mind as well as the amount of money you have?

Do you need a combination of both to be wealthy?

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

A
Shark
Shark
A
My definition of wealth is not the same as my definition of happiness. The song says, "Money can't buy you love" and it is so true.

Wealth to me is freedom. Freedom from financial strings. Freedom to work, if and when I want. To be able to follow my passion and interest without worrying about bills. To want for nothing materially. To be able to find my bliss.

Now I don't think wealth will guarantee happiness. But will provide the freedom to search out what makes each and every one of us happy.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Do you think the "older" we become, our definition of wealth changes?

Sharon Michaels

Self Development Editor

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.