logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
OP Offline
G
Mine, hand's down, was a taking my troop up to Sedona and spending three hours with a "star guide" exploring the heavens.

Diana

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Mine was the winter camping with our troop, we'd go up for a week, cross-country ski, play in the snow, all in very rustic cabins where we did all the cooking and cleaning. It was really great fun!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Mine was helping the girls earn their badges. One session we had was how to cook when camping. We could actually go camping because of the weather. We just gathered in my backyard and I gave each girl a large, empty coffe can, a round cookie cooling rack, briquettes, hot dogs and marshmellows. I showed them how to start the fire, let it burn down then cook their own lunch. They were all so excited they wanted to stay long after lunch and make 'smores', so we did that, too.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I became a leader and shared games with my troop down here that I had learned in Girl Scouts up home.

I let my former leader know what I was doing with my troop and she wrote back saying she felt like a grandmother....it made me feel so proud.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I was a Girl Scout in Brooklyn many years ago, and my best memories are still of the many places we visited. I know that I would never have gone up in the Statue of Liberty, or wandered through The Cloisters if it wasn't for the Scouts!

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
going on girls brigade holiday for a week! That was Awesome.

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 03/03/08 09:32 AM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

J
J
I was helping with a trip with a friends Brownie unit (I'm a Rainbow guider in the UK). I was helping two girls build a lantern. At first they were too shy to talk to each other, but by the end of it they were working together and actually didn't need me anymore.

Q
Q
Mine has been going to resident camp for 10 years of my life and then being reunited with the girls this year after 40 years.

camper, welcome to the forum, thats some reunion, hope you had a good time!
Rosie

Rosie L
Q
Q
Hi Rosie,

I'm Cindy. Do you have any suggestions about how to get the word out regarding the camping week end??

Q
Q
This is what's next

There is exciting news for those of us who fondly remember the great times we had while attending Girl Scout Summer camp in our younger days. A big alumni event will be taking place in July 2009 at Harriman State Park, NY. We are planning a camping experience for the weekend of July 17 through July 19, 2009 at Baker Camp. Our immediate goal is to establish a wide network of active alumni throughout the United States who can connect with one another to help ensure the future of Girl Scout camps everywhere. As you are probably aware, attendance at Girl Scout camps has steadily dwindled and many camps have been forced to shut down because of this. We hope that by gathering in July and working together to reconnect, we can help to rekindle interest in our camps again. Our long-term goal is the eventual establishment of an active camp for alumni from all over the country, where former campers can come together, share their knowledge, and help to promote the lifetime values and principles that they learned through their camping experience. Currently, there is no camp designated for alumni like us, and we have a unique opportunity to help establish one now. There are many, many more thoughts and ideas to consider, and we need active participation from all interested alumni to bring these plans to fruition.
The cost to attend this event is $65.00 per person per day, a total of $130.00 for the weekend. This includes meals, starting with supper on Friday, breakfast and supper on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday. Lunch will also be available on Saturday for $10.00 each. The cabins we have reserved are very rustic and you will need to bring bedding, towels, etc.; just like Girl Scout Summer camp! We will be running a full camp program and a service project. Please take this opportunity to pass the spirit of Girl Scout camp along to future generations. For more information, or to sign-up for the weekend, please use the contact information below. We hope to see you there.

Cindy Cleveland Gavrity
Cgavrity@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.