Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#350695 10/29/07 07:08 AM
H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Who is a perfect person? After getting there, they need not improve. What are the qualities a perfect person should have according to you? I tried to think of that but failed. any help?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
Koala
H
People have different values, roles, etc... so how could there be one kind of perfect?

For me, i would settle for:

--Earning enough money that i can provide for my future, my health, raise a child, help charities and other people, start a business, travel once in a while.

--Do excellent work, get more done in the day, but also have more time to enjoy free time.

--Exercise daily and take care of my health.

--Take care of my home, keep it reasonably clean and improve it.

--Make my impact on the earth's enviroment a positive one in my lifetime.

--Have a positive, not a negative, impact on every life i touch, and not trouble others as often as i do.

--Have a healthy self esteem.

What about others? What's perfect to you?

Last edited by hollyelise; 10/29/07 01:12 PM.
H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Hollyelise, I was thinking of a perfect person.
Perfect- needs no improvement!

H
Koala
Koala
H
Ah.... smile So what have you been thinking about this? What makes finding what is perfect so difficult?

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Do you know the answer?

H
Koala
Koala
H
It depends on which question you are asking. You asked:

Who is a perfect person?

I don't know the answer to that.

You also asked:

What are the qualities a perfect person should have according to you?

And that's what i was trying to answer above.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
I am trying to find out -

What are the qualities of a perfect person.
Once one is perfect, no growth is possible.

H
Koala
Koala
H
I'm not sure that kind of perfection exists.

Why have you been wondering this?

Gecko
Gecko
I never met a perfect person. I don't think one exists on this earth.

Shark
Shark
I have a different concept of a perfect person...

What if the perfect person already resides in each one of us... where the whole idea is that we are perfect at being all of who we already really are inside?

That in itself is quite a quest, to be our authentic self...

It gives us a wonderful journey in this life as we seek to express this wonderful person we have been created to be. As well, there is no question of our value. We have incredible value because we already have the perfect person within.

As we shine with this true personality, it lights up the path of others and we are able to do what most of us want to do: we want to make a difference in this world.

Tami is an Executive Leadership and Business Women's Coach. She invites women to use their genius in business in today's wild economy. http://www.UlimateBusinessCamp.com
Tami S #351746 11/01/07 08:51 PM
H
Koala
Koala
H
That's very beautiful, Tami. Just like you are.

Tami S #351750 11/01/07 09:02 PM
B
Shark
Shark
B
Tami I think that is absolutely correct!

I think perfection is a state of mind...different things for different people. I think being perfect means being true to yourself, being able to give & receive love in all forms unconditionally but that is only possible when you become comfortable in your own skin.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
We are all getting poetic.
But the truth is different.
We may think that we are good at something. Say we believe that we control our emotions well.
But somebody else may ask us to improve upon that side of our life.
This forum is full of people who are seeking advice about how to get better.

I know that no one is perfect. But if we know what kind of person he/she will be, we can try to go towards that.

H
Koala
Koala
H

I try to have the right intentions. I don't always do the right thing, but i can count on myself being sincere in what i try to do, and that, i think, avoids many problems. Others may not know when i've done my best, but i know.

I try to listen to what others tell me they need from me and to understand them better. This is a never ending process of trying to perfect.

That said, i can't always give others what they want. Sometimes what they want would not be good for them and sometimes it would not be good for me.

I try to be accepting. If i see someone do a wrong, it is my duty to speak up, but though i may not approve of a behavior, i try not to generalize it to where i have no compassion or respect for the person. I have not walked in their shoes or had their challenges. With myself, i try to improve myself but at the same time i know when i find fault with myself it works better if i try to correct the behavior without being hard on myself and thinking bad things of all of me. Acceptance and compassion help a lot.

I try to stop my false excuses, blame, and self pity.

I try to have worthy goals and to focus in on them.

I know that when i am happy, i work better, am more kind to others, and make better decisions. I know when i help others to feel happy, it does similarly for them.

hm. What am i missing?

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Who do we admire as a great and possibly perfect person?
I think of Mahatma Gandhi.
What about others?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Haridas quote: "Who is a perfect person? After getting there, they need not improve. What are the qualities a perfect person should have according to you? I tried to think of that but failed. any help?"

Jesus was perfect, but even He acted up sometimes, like getting angry and throwing things when the people were not using the temple for its desired purpose.

Perfection doesn't exist as everything can be improved in some way, and as fantastic as everything is that God created, it dims and dies in some way, which means it is never lasting.

Haridas quote: "Who do we admire as a great and possibly perfect person? I think of Mahatma Gandhi. What about others?"

I would say Mother Teresa was great and possibly another perfect person in many peoples' eyes. Princess Di was another one who did and said wonderful things, helped others and gave much of her time for others. She was a perfect person in today's world but she was always trying to improve herself.

Personally, I think a PERFECT person is one who is HONEST, SINCERE, HARD WORKING, JUST, KIND, LOVING, LOYAL, COMPASSIONATE. These are qualities that I think would make a person PERFECT. wink

Do you think Gandi, Mother Teresa, or Princess Di ever thought of themselves as perfect? I highly doubt it as humans always strive to be better.

Trish

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Trish,

Jesus is God so he is not part of discussion. He is always perfect.

H
Koala
Koala
H
But I think that was the point she was trying to make: If God is perfect and yet his behavior seemed very human... could that mean that perfection includes "acting up sometimes?"

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
God is free. He/she can play in all the ways. In India we call it Leela of God. When he/she cats like human.

Hollyelise, who do you think is perfect?

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Originally Posted By: babyquacker
Haridas quote: "Who is a perfect person? After getting there, they need not improve. What are the qualities a perfect person should have according to you? I tried to think of that but failed. any help?"

Jesus was perfect, but even He acted up sometimes, like getting angry and throwing things when the people were not using the temple for its desired purpose.

Perfection doesn't exist as everything can be improved in some way, and as fantastic as everything is that God created, it dims and dies in some way, which means it is never lasting.

Haridas quote: "Who do we admire as a great and possibly perfect person? I think of Mahatma Gandhi. What about others?"

I would say Mother Teresa was great and possibly another perfect person in many peoples' eyes. Princess Di was another one who did and said wonderful things, helped others and gave much of her time for others. She was a perfect person in today's world but she was always trying to improve herself. How about her sexual affairs with so many people? Is she a good role model?

Yes. Mother Teresa was very compassionate. Near my home there is a branch of the mission and I visit them sometimes. they are doing great work.

Personally, I think a PERFECT person is one who is HONEST, SINCERE, HARD WORKING, JUST, KIND, LOVING, LOYAL, COMPASSIONATE. These are qualities that I think would make a person PERFECT. wink

Very well said.

Do you think Gandi, Mother Teresa, or Princess Di ever thought of themselves as perfect? I highly doubt it as humans always strive to be better.

Trish

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Haritas, Jesus WAS the human form of God, and as good as He was, he was not perfect like God, His Father and OUR heavenly Father. Why should we not include him in our quest for perfection? He had human qualities and acted human like the rest of us and is why I said that perfection in ANY human being can't and doesn't exist.

As wonderful as Princess Di was, she also had imperfections, just like Jesus and the rest of us. Her indiscretions are not up to US to judge, and nobody knows what the truth is about her while she was alive. wink The good things that she did while she WAS alive are what I remember most about her. Mother Teresa also showed her imperfections in some of her writings about her beliefs, but that doesn't take away from all the good that she did while she was alive.

Trish

H
Koala
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: haridas
God is free. He/she can play in all the ways. In India we call it Leela of God. When he/she cats like human.

Hollyelise, who do you think is perfect?

I don't think anyone is perfect.

When i used to look towards my heroes as if they were perfect, i would become disappointed when i knew them better. Now i look towards them differently. I don't expect them to be perfect, i learn of their faults along with the good. I expect them to have some faults. Some people are very good people, like Mother Theresa. Others achieve really amazing things, but may be kinda rotten as human beings... like Frank Lloyd Wright or Thomas Edison, who were awful to their wives and children. That doesn't take away their achievements though, or their brilliance in their field.

I didn't know Ghandi, so i wouldn't know if he was perfect. I've never known anyone perfect. But i've known people i greatly respect and admire.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Originally Posted By: babyquacker
Haritas, Jesus WAS the human form of God, and as good as He was, he was not perfect like God, His Father and OUR heavenly Father. Why should we not include him in our quest for perfection? He had human qualities and acted human like the rest of us and is why I said that perfection in ANY human being can't and doesn't exist.

As wonderful as Princess Di was, she also had imperfections, just like Jesus and the rest of us. Her indiscretions are not up to US to judge, and nobody knows what the truth is about her while she was alive. wink The good things that she did while she WAS alive are what I remember most about her. Mother Teresa also showed her imperfections in some of her writings about her beliefs, but that doesn't take away from all the good that she did while she was alive.

Trish

Trish,

I consider Jesus to be God. About others, I loved your responses.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
In the Holy Trinity, He is one of the three: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I know that they are the same, too, but Jesus was the human form of God, and as such, He had qualities of imperfection. That is all I was saying. wink

Trish

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
You are right about that.

B
Shark
Shark
B
I admire Mother Teresa for her selfless care of the poor.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Absolutely,I agree, but would you consider her perfect?

Trish

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
She was not perfect. She created lot many controversies. But what she did was great.

H
Koala
Koala
H
I'm not sure i could name anyone who accomplished great things who did not create controversy. There is a saying, "To make an omelet, you have to break some eggs." Often not everyone will agree with you, and many times there are no perfect solutions.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Is this not a sweeping statement?

Zebra
Zebra
There is not one member of Humanity who can hold themselves up as perfect. they may behave in an exemplary way, or be an inspiration to others but chances are they are either a reformed character, with a previously dodgy record, or that even in their bountiful and publicly evident Goodness, there are still hidden flaws.
Gandhi had a very turbulent relationship with his eldest son Harilal, who never could adjust to the drastic life-changes Gandhi imposed upon himself and then his family.

"There seemed to be a paradox in Gandhi's treatment of his wife and children and his behaviour towards others. He was exceptionally demanding of himself, and demanding of those closest to him. Whereas he displayed loving kindness to virtually everyone, with his family he could be quite severe. One of Gandhi's best known biographers, Louis Fischer, in "The Life of Mahatma Gandhi", put it beautifully when he wrote to the effect that Gandhi thought his sons could be chips off the old block (an English-language expression) but the block did not chip."

From this website:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

H
Koala
Koala
H
Originally Posted By: haridas
Is this not a sweeping statement?

But don't you think this is true? Can you suggest anyone who made great accomplishments who did not create some controversy?

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
The amount varies.

H
Koala
Koala
H
Well, yes, I suppose it does.

When i think of famous men and women i admire, it seems often their greatness was connected to some controversy that they brought to the attention of many people. Martin Luther King, Jr., Margaret Sanger, Gandi, Rosa Parks, even people like Galileo, Einstein, and Manet... their words and actions created contoversy. Some people agreed with them, others thought they brought evil. But they followed their beliefs anyway and they took a stand. And my guess would be that most of them had times when they didn't know what to do, or they felt they made mistakes, or maybe were grateful other people were there to learn from. It reminds me of something Jimmy Carter once said... something like: the day he realized he couldn't please everyone was the day he was freed to follow his conscience.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Jimmy Carter said the appropriate thing.

H
Koala
Koala
H
i have been wondering... whose ideal of perfection might one take as a model? Even the major religions of the world, though they have many commonalities, do not completely agree with what should be emphasized in evolving the self and as to morality.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
That will happen only if you are lucky. Otherwise you will get involved with a religion and get nothing at the end.

H
Koala
Koala
H

How does one choose a model for perfection?

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
In my opinion that is a life long search.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Holly, I think God has a plan for each of us, but He lets us find our own way. I know, for me, if I try to be Christ-like, I am much happier than if I just float around.

That said, I try to follow the golden rule and be as kind and good as I can be. That helps me know where my morals are and gives me a model to follow. Remember, I said that all the great people that I mentioned were still human and had imperfections. I know that God understands that and forgives me because He knows I am doing what I believe is right.

"Do unto to others as you would have them do unto you". smile

Trish

H
Koala
Koala
H
I have been so busy dealing with my glaring faults that the concept of perfection has been more an academic curiosity than a personal pursuit. Haridas has been asking about perfection, and i think has raised interesting questions. Personally, i don't think perfection of character is the natural order of things on this earth, and suspect that therein lies a valuable lesson.

Isn't it interesting that in life all of us are presented with learning tolerance for the faults of others and to make peace with our own imperfect selves as well?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Yes, it is interesting.

Trish

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
If we make peace , does that mean we no longer pursue perfection or improvement? Because if we do that we lose peace.

H
Koala
Koala
H
I don't know. But i think it might be like the difference between a harsh parent and a loving, good one.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
How do parents enter this?

H
Koala
Koala
H
Both good parents and bad parents discipline their children, but bad parents tend to make their children miserable, while good ones help them to feel unconditionally loved and confident. In a healthy family, the children are at peace, and they are also more likely to succeed.

I think this is similar to making peace with ourselves. No, i don't think making peace with ourselves means we will no longer try to achieve perfection or improve, but rather the opposite... i think it makes it easier. Peace does not mean there isn't change. It means there is nurturing rather than whipping, and energy can go to industry and joy instead of battles. In this case, instead of internal conflict, energy and attention can be directed to more positive pursuits.

H
haridas Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
H
Agreed.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Talking about perfection, do have a look at this article:

Can Perfectionists Be Truly Happy ?

F
F
For me, a perfect person is someone who knows what he/she wants yet still happy and contented with what he/she got. Just my two cents..:)

T
T
[quote=hollyelise]People have different values, roles, etc... so how could there be one kind of perfect? For me, i would settle for: --Earning enough money that i can provide for my future, my health, raise a child, help charities and other people, start a business, travel once in a while. --Do excellent work, get more done in the day, but also have more time to enjoy free time. --Exercise daily and take care of my health. --Take care of my home, keep it reasonably clean and improve it. --Make my impact on the earth's enviroment a positive one in my lifetime. --Have a positive, not a negative, impact on every life i touch, and not trouble others as often as i do. --Have a healthy self esteem. What about others? What's perfect to you? [/quote] I only want own a happy life, and in well emotion every day.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: fairlady
For me, a perfect person is someone who knows what he/she wants yet still happy and contented with what he/she got. Just my two cents..:)

Hi FairLady, you are spot on! You are indeed perfect if you are happy with 'WHAT IS'. And this ties in with what Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell say in their book:

Loving What Is

Have you read it? (JOY)

Shark
Shark
"Perfect Person?" When we embrace our imperfections, it leads to a more joyful and peaceful existence. Could this in itself be perfection?

.... #687630 05/18/11 01:02 PM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: great_grandaughter
"Perfect Person?"
When we embrace our imperfections, it leads to a more joyful and peaceful existence. Could this in itself be perfection?

You are quite right. Once you begin to LOVE WHAT IS, your entire life takes on a new light.

I read on another Forum thread that you are �a proud great granddaughter of both the Oglala Sioux, and Blackfoot Peigan Nation.� You are so lucky to have the experiences of living in a multi-cultural society. Your outlook on life will be refreshingly different to people who spend their years in a single-society cocoon. (JOY)

Shark
Shark
*blushes* Thank you Joy. A 'single society cocoon' does however allow a person to really get to know his or herself, which is a great blessing. My cousin Barbra actually showed me the original picture of my Sioux great great grandfather Algier and I thought it was a pic of my father! While on my mother's side, her great grandmother was a lovely Blackfoot and the similarities were amazing! All walks of life, all Native Nations, all peoples of history carry wonderful ways and traditions. This forum is ideal for sharing and that's the ultimate heritage of all Natives! I'm humbled and honored to be a part of this forum. Thank you again for your welcoming posts.

Tami S #687860 05/19/11 01:39 AM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
haridas
Your question is often repeated, no one I consider is a perfect person. Of course Religiously told that God is the only perfect - then what is God? A person, a power, a belief or an unseen ghost?

Please understand that everything is perfect in one way or the other way and where you will be wrong when start measuring the quantity or quality of perfection. Also understand perfection cannot be considered for all time and is based on a day by day basis as it can change any time with the kind of your activities, sudden changes in your aptitudes, thinkings and many more facts. Therefore my advise to you that never search for perfect, try to be a perfect person by 'today' as the way you think and can maintain.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
Astera #688744 05/20/11 05:07 AM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Astera
�everything is perfect in one way or the other way and where you will be wrong when start measuring the quantity or quality of perfection. Also understand perfection cannot be considered for all time and is based on a day by day basis as it can change any time with the kind of your activities, sudden changes in your aptitudes, thinkings and many more facts�

Hi Astera, good points! By the way, have you seen this article?

Can Perfectionists Be Truly Happy

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.