logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Gecko
Gecko
Hey BC,
I just posted in the other thread as well.

No big news from the biopsy (hyperplasia) - which is why she wants to do the scope and d&c.

I went for the pre-surgery stuff today, too - got the big list of do's and dont's. Also went to the drugstore and bought pads for the first time in years (it felt really weird - I had no idea what kind to get!) Not looking forward to bleeding and cramping, but whatever. It will be fine.

My mom never used to be weird about stuff, but in the past 10 years or so, she's started to freak out about everything. So the less she knows until there's real results, the better!

I'm looking forward to lots of rest and relaxing with my bunnies (and the mouse) - they are so calming to be around.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
Hi guys,

Can I pipe up and say Vitamin C works wonders before the anaesthesia? I took copious quantities before my cyst removal surgery and D&C and came out of it better than I had ever before.

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Malamutes:

No one mentioned this to me, but many years ago I had nasal surgery and was told to take Vit C.
I am taking that now; I have to stay away from Vit E & fish oil.

Thank you for your post - it is nice to have help from someone who went through it.
I hope the D&C wasn't too painful afterwards? TBunny & I are both going through this on Thursday and don't know what to expect afterwards!
I may be having a fibroid or polyp removed at the time - if there is one there.

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi TB:

My mom and your mom sound like sisters. Sometimes I take after her but I try not to.
I am glad you had no big news from your biopsy. So off we both go on Nov 1 for the scope & D&C! Did they tell you there would be bleeding similar to a period? I just heard some bleeding - I don't know how much.

I had my bloodtest & physical this morning at the hospital. I then got a white hot chocolate from Dunkin Donuts and a pumpkin muffin.

Talk to you later about the countdown to Thursday.... :O)

Gecko
Gecko
Hi BC,

They told me the bleeding should be NO MORE than a period; that if it's more, to let her know right away.

I had never heard about the Vit.C, Malamutes. We always have some on hand because DH is paranoid about cold season. I'll have to get into his stash!

And to top this whole thing off... today I am cramping and spotting more than usual. Which kind of makes me glad I have this thing scheduled already.

Hot choc. and pumpkin muffins sound like the perfect cure!

B
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
B
Hi Tb:
As you know I also wrote to you on the other Gyn thread - I really hope you are feeling better! Maybe your biopsy the other day is causing you to have a period?
Hopefully this will be resolved for the big day on Thursday, or maybe they will push it back?
I just asked a nurse at my Gyn's how much bleeding is considered too much and she said if a pad gets soaked every half hour. She told me I am also getting a polypectomy. I said that I may not even have a polyp.
Anyway, she told me that the procedure is pretty safe - I wanted to let you know that before Thursday, because I am panicking already and want to back out.
It made me feel better.

Gecko
Gecko
Hey BC,
I am getting ready to go into work today. The bleeding seems to be worse with activity, so I'm only planning to stay as long as absolutely necessary.

I do think the biopsy plus my activity level last week caused the bleeding to start. When I talked to the dr. office yesterday, everything is still on track for Thursday as long as my bleeding doesn't get worse.

I'm actually not too worried about the procedure itself - as I plan to be fully knocked OUT! They can do whatever they need to and just tell me about it afterward! ;-)
At this point, I just want it to be over and get my life back to normal!

Happy thoughts... happy thoughts... ;-)

H
Hjm Offline
Shark
Shark
H
Your in my prayers Tbunny n with continued prayers for you n all who has this.

Gecko
Gecko
Thank you, Hjm.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 02/27/24 08:00 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/27/24 05:45 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/23/24 11:02 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 02/23/24 09:05 AM
Bird Buddy
by Angie - 02/22/24 08:18 PM
Sewing Ideas for St. Patrick's Day
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 02/21/24 05:33 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 02/20/24 03:20 PM
Tennis Legend Roger Federer - New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 02/19/24 08:57 PM
Lined Note Paper Template for Digital Planner
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:38 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 02/19/24 08:21 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.