logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Koala
Koala
I dont have a problem with breast feeding in public. what bothers me is the ones that flop out there breast and dont bother to cover up and then set there with their breast hanging out for all to see after the kid is a sleep.... or wait till there is a good looking rick guy and then wake up the baby to breast feed and make a huge production of it.

Its like they found a new way to get men!!!

most women are very discret or kinda embaressed about it and they should not feel embaressed about feeding their baby.

it just should not be used to get attention....

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Shark
Shark
B
i really think it depends on the location. For example when you are in a hair salon getting your hair done, and your child is at the age where they squirm. Please do not expect your esthetician or hairstylist to be able to do a proper job. (yes i have seen that)

I think the reason it is such an issue is that moms today are busier than ever & im sure given the choice the last thing they want to do is breastfeed in a noisy shopping mall etc.

I do think optimally it should be a private matter between mom & baby. If more places had actual nursing stations instead of just a dirty bathroom available I think that more women would take advantage of it.

It doesn't bother me when its done discreetly and its not a big production.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
I totally agree - if its done discreetly I have no problem at all.
I saw a young mother the other day nursing her tiny baby - she had a small shawl draped over her shoulder so I wasn't even aware she was breast feeding initially.

Koala
Koala
most of the time i dont notice women breastfeeding there baby. but I have seen women breast feed a older child in [ublic and I think that is borderline abuse!!! come on maybe in third world countrys where there is not food avalible for toddlers but here in Texas when the kid can talk and walk its time to find the baby food isle!!!

I think there is nothing worse then seeing a child that goes to get there diaper bag drags it to mom gets out there wipes and diapers then takes his her pants off and diaper puts the diaper in the trash then lays down with his her feet up in the air waiting for mom to change him or her all the while with a pasafier in there mouth or a bottle but the other day I was in subway and say a woman breast feeding a child that had to be at lest 2 years old!!! she had teeth and was wearing little girl panties so.... why does mom have her boob out for the world to see? and more important why is a two with teeth that told her she was hungery with words sucking on mom?

call me crazy but I reported it to the cops! so what did they do? they told me to mind my own business that a mother could breast feed her child in public and that I should be ashame to be such a prude!!! so I stressed that the child was 2+ years old and the girl said SO?

so am I crazy to think if a child is old enough to say she is hungry and has teeth to eat with that she should eat solid food?
its like the child that basicly changes there self should be potty trained or at lest started to be potty trained!!!

of course I dont have any kids so what would I know.....

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
A lot of women have a problem with "detachment issues".

They feel a close bond with the child when breastfeeding and some are afraid to give that up. It kind of goes along the lines of post partum depression.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
It's a natural thing but people do feel uncomfortable when mothers are breast feeding in public. It's akward for people.

Sabrina
B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B
I think it's fine provided that the child doesn't have teeth, and the mother attempts to be discreet. I only feel akward when people are obviously being immodest about it. It's not that hard to cover up with a blanket, or if you don't have a blanket to use a change room or restroom.

Koala
Koala
I agree! smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Babies Breastfeed. The more that breastfeeding in public becomes a reality, the less awkward it will make people feel. There is no "natural" reason for anyone to feel uncomforable watching a baby breastfeed, anymore than it should make people uncomfortable to watch an adult eat.

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Ava
I think it's fine provided that the child doesn't have teeth, and the mother attempts to be discreet. I only feel akward when people are obviously being immodest about it. It's not that hard to cover up with a blanket, or if you don't have a blanket to use a change room or restroom.

I'm not clear why a child having teeth has anything to do with this? Some babies start growing teeth as early as 3-4 months and some not until a year. This has nothing to do with whether it is developmentally and nutritionally appropriate to breastfeed. And you'd be surprised about a blanket... once a baby is 4 months or so, very few babies will tolerate a blanket or cover of any type. The whole point of breastfeeding advocates, is that there IS nothing immodest about breastfeeding. Restrooms are unclean and an inappropriate place to feed ANYONE, much less a baby with a developing immune system. Personally, I feel that I am as "discreet" as I can be with my infant. If someone doesn't want to see my baby breastfeed, they don't need to look. If someone wants to stare at me breastfeeding long enough that they might see the flash of a breast when the baby gets on or off, then they are the one with a problem and no manners, not me!

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.