logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
What do you think about others nursing in public?

Meg
The World is Our Classroom!
Homeschooling

Exotic Pets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
It's concealed so well now a days, Its not like your boob is hanging out for the world to see. My daughter in law breast fed my to granddaughters and she did it so discreetly that no one needed to take offense to it. There was nothing indecent about it.

Rosie L
Tiger
Tiger
I don't have a problem with it as long as it's done discreetly. You know, without drawing a crowd. smile I think it should be encouraged.

Heck, here women can walk around topless if they want to (they don't) so they should be able to breast feed without being bothered.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I think it is just fine. I have seen women place small blankets over them as a cover and when I was a security guard in a mall and I saw a woman breastfeeding, I would ask her if she wanted to go in the mall office or the security office. Now most of the malls in New York anyway, have rooms by the rst rooms called "family rooms". They are carpeted rooms with changing tables and comfortable chairs and a rest room.

In my church, I saw a woman breastfeeding in the foyer and invited her into the bookstore where no one was and turned off the lights for her to give her privacy.

I think it is hard enough for women to breastfeed and then have to worry about if people are going to to stare, gawk or be rude about it. When a baby needs to eat, a baby needs to eat. The baby doesn't care where he/she is at the time.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
H
Hjm Offline
Shark
Shark
H
Breast feeding is the best for the child and these narrowed minded people who think differently needs to re think about this. As long as a mother cover's herself, what do you care or why are YOU watching in the first place! Should the child starve, because some's nose is out of joint? Come on ... wake up. Breast feeding was done in Biblical times! Why does someone have to make mountains out of mole hills?

Hjm, No body has said any thing negative about it,

Rosie L
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I could be wrong but I think Hjm was talking about the people who make a fuss when they see a mother breastfeeding. I dont think Hjm was talking about anyone posting in this thread.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
It doesn't bother me at all. I was never able to get my daughter to latch on but twice, I always felt badly that I was not able to give this to my daughter. When I was trying, she cried and screamed, it was horrible. I found out that even though my daughters chart said I was going to breast feed and to NOT give her a bottle, one of the nurses did anyway. I have always wondered if this might have causes nipple confusion.

I saw a woman at Target breastfeeding while she was shopping. I have always wondered how they do that. I have always had a bad back so I never walked around holding my daughter.

I know this is a hot button issue so I looked around to see if anyone had a problem with her and I don't know that anyone even noticed. The woman was trying to be discreet, she had her shirt over her breast.

I feel lucky, in spite of the fact that I was not able to breast feed my daughter, she has been very healthy, she clearly got her immune system from her Father. She was in Kindergarten before she ever had to take any kind of perscriptions at all and it was an antibiotic that time. I remember the doctor asked me what kind of antibiotic worked best for her, I told him she had never had any before (he was shocked) and asked him to NOT give her Penicillin because of my own allergy to that medication, no need to take chances.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Lisa,

It is not uncommon for a baby not to like to breastfeed. My first four children would not breastfeed at all. (I probably should have shaved around the area of my breast first. lol)

Seriously though, they would not breastfeed at all and I believe it was nipple confusion. I have had two children with my first wife and two children with my gf after I was divorced, of course. lol

They both had C-Sections and were groggy from drugs so could not breastfeed when the baby needed to eat, so they gave the children bottles at first and a doctor told us that it was nipple confusion.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I felt rather devastated by it. I am sure part of that was the hormones of it all.

I had a regular birth AND I had enough breast milk to feed every baby on the ward. If I had the money, I would have liked to purchase a breast pump but that was not a posibility at that point.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.