logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I love a great cup of Chai tea. I had the great fortune of working with a wonderful East Indian lady who use to bring Chai tea to work once a week. The first time I tasted it I was hooked. I asked her how she made it and I have been making it ever since. My favorite spice in Chai tea is Cardamom smile. What is everyones favorite spice or memory of a cup of Chai tea.

Angel Sianna
Tea Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Chai is just the perfect cold weather tea. It's so rich and spicy - just drinking it makes me think of a fireplace.

I love cooking with it, too. My husband goes into raptures whenever I make the chai creme brulee recipe I got off Food Network (it's posted around here somewhere...).

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
OP Offline
Chai creme brulee. I am there. That sounds great. I also like to make french toast with Chai spice. it smells and tastes wonderful, especially this time of year.

Angel Sianna
Tea Site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'm going to try your recipie. Haven't found a bagged variety here in France that meets my tastes. I like Tazo in the states. I take my tea with soy milk and honey if the kitchen is stocked. Alegra, the Biology editor, and I are the biggest tea drinkers there ever was. Anytime, day or night. My favorite is a steamy mug with breakfast!

Melissa Demiguel
French Culture Editor

"If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris...then wherever you go for the rest of your life it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."
Ernest Hemingway
Tiger
Tiger
I love the smell of it. A friend of mine recently tried it made in warm milk which was a turn off for me.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I like Chai tea in the winter with a little milk. Someone spicy foods and drinks taste better when the weather is cold.

Hi Angel, Just read your article about Chai tea and just the thought of it makes me want to make a cup right away. For me the warmth of it and the spices are like "your Mom's fix" for anything that might be wrong. Tea has that calming quality and the scent of really does a number on you. All you need is a cool day, a book, and a recliner chair. Here in Florida it's still very warm so I'll just set the AC to a lower notch then I'll be just right!

Crazy as I wanna be,
Jazzy Geri
Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: Angel Tea site
I love a great cup of Chai tea. I had the great fortune of working with a wonderful East Indian lady who use to bring Chai tea to work once a week. The first time I tasted it I was hooked. I asked her how she made it and I have been making it ever since. My favorite spice in Chai tea is Cardamom smile. What is everyones favorite spice or memory of a cup of Chai tea.

I am curious about this. In India we call tea as Chai.
How is chai tea different than tea?
For us Chai and Tea are same.

OP Offline
The Chai in America is refered to as Tea so one can differentiate the flavor profile of what they are buying. For an average person and not a tea conouser, or someone with knowledge of what it is, it is refered to as Chai tea. When I grew up in England we called Tea Cha. Hope this helps.

Angel Sianna
Tea Site
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I first had "Chai" which means tea in Kiswahili when I lived in Kenya. It's made with 1/2 water, 1/2 milk, tea & lots of sugar... Yum! LOL I now buy various spiced teas here in the US and use 1/2 water, 1/2 skim milk, and Splenda. Still yummy!

I never drank any tea until I was in Kenya. I don't like tea without milk and I definitely don't like it with lemon (eww) LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mary-tea1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.