Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#343563 09/24/07 04:32 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
The season premiere of Heroes airs tonight! (9pm on NBC) Is anyone else as excited as I am?

Last edited by Danielle Primetime TV; 09/24/07 04:35 PM.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I'm all set and primed to watch it. And luckily there is nothing else on that I want to watch at that hour.

The 7-8pm block I'm not so lucky. I've got Prison Break, Chuck, and Big Bang Theory. Prison Break is going to win out, but I really wanted to watch the other 2 shows. Might have to shell out for a DVR or do some online searching at tv links.

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343594 09/24/07 05:02 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Heroes is definitely my all time favorite show. It has surpassed Dead Like Me and a few others to take over the all-important number one slot. Is there any villain greater than Sylar?

Ok, you might have a few suggestions as the Comics Editor. smile

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
lol I might be able to name a few. Niska from Firefly comes to mind. smile But Sylar is great, he is very twisted. I'm hoping he lies low for awhile though and we get to see some new villains this season. Ones with powers. A lot of new people have joined the cast.

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343605 09/24/07 05:14 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hee! I hope so, too. I'm SO EXCITED about David Anders (Sark from Alias) joining the cast. He is one of my favorite tv characters of all time. I won't give away who he is playing yet if you like to remain unspoilered.

Last year we went to Vegas just to meet George Takei at a Star Trek Convention. We paid too much money for the photo op but it was totally worth it. He was a riot. They told us we would only have about five seconds with George, but he seemed to like Tony a lot so we ended up chatting with him for a couple of minutes. One of my favorite vacation moments ever!

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Comics_Editor #343607 09/24/07 05:15 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have to agree that Niska rates pretty high on the evil scale. *shuddering as I remember the ear*

I'm concerned that the Heroes cast might get too big, though. It will be harder to keep up with all of the characters and make it more difficult for new audience members to catch on and keep watching. Basically, my fear is that an over-sized cast might lessen the show's long term rating strength.

On the other hand, the Soap Opera fans of the world are used to large casts that are not all given screen time in each episode. Perhaps there lies a new demographic to hook into Heroes!

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Danielle Primetime TV
Last year we went to Vegas just to meet George Takei at a Star Trek Convention. We paid too much money for the photo op but it was totally worth it. He was a riot. They told us we would only have about five seconds with George, but he seemed to like Tony a lot so we ended up chatting with him for a couple of minutes. One of my favorite vacation moments ever!

Rampant jealousy!!!

M.B. #343612 09/24/07 05:20 PM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I know who "Sark" is going to play and that boggles my mind. I'm deftly interested to see how that pans out. A totally unexpected casting choice for that role.

And I like the big rotating cast feel of Heroes. It might have to do with my comics background, but it reminds me of the X-men and stuff. The team is constantly changing so you get to see new reactions, backgrounds, situations, etc. As long as they never get rid of Claire and Hiro, I'm happy. smile

Travis Belk
Manga/Comics Editor
Comics_Editor #343615 09/24/07 05:24 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Hi myrabeth! *waves* Glad you're here!

I'm just glad that the people they've been adding to the cast are full of awesomeness. The comics

They can NEVER get rid of Claire or Hiro. Or HRG. Or Sylar. Or Peter. Or Mohinder. Or Parkman. But Nathan, they can definitely get rid of him. wink

Ok, cliche question but here goes: if you could have any of the Heroes' power, which would you choose? I vacillate between reading minds and time travel.

Last edited by Danielle Primetime TV; 09/24/07 05:25 PM.

Danielle
Prime Time TV
Comics_Editor #343617 09/24/07 05:30 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Ditto on Clare and Hiro. I couldn't watch without them. As for the X-Men connection, with Stan Lee and his Marvel cohorts having a hand in the show, and a definite X-Men style premise to the show, I think that's why my fiance started watching Heroes to start with! Oddly enough, I know a very hardcore X-Men fan who hasn't even given Heroes a chance.

Anywho, I'm stoked about tonight. The phone ringers are being turned off, popcorn is going to be popped, etc. Yea, we're overly excited fans... grin

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Maria - Prime Time TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 02:56 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.