Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
Mavis Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
M
What sloppy work! I've never heard of anyone leaving a gap between the roof and the gutter. There is no way it will collect the rain that way.

Mavis
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Mavis, your dogs seem to be really enjoying the new floor! smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Iwonder, being queen of remodel sounds good! LOL I would love to build a garage/breezeway sometime with a room above, complete with dormer windows to match our house. Course, then the whole family would be fighting over who got the room above! wink Dibs!

Did you design your garage/breezeway or are you using premade plans?

Donna

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Okay, somehow I jumped from page 2 to 4 and missed 3. Iwonder, sorry to learn you had mold probs, too. Ugh. Really sad to lose your kids work. That would be hard for me, too. frown

Connie, I never heard of gutters attached like that? How's it going with getting them fixed?

Mavis, we have gutter guards. We used to have to clean our gutters and installing these babies has made a world of difference. We are surrounded by trees and never have to clean them out anymore. The problem I'm having now, tho, is the downspout has disappeared on the bottom of two of our gutters. Don't understand how that happened. Hmmm... Need to replace them so that the water runs away from the house before we end up with mold probs, too.

Donna

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Koala
Koala
Well, it is raining today and no one had showed up to remedy our problem last week like they were supposed to. Hubby just said "I hope I got that leak sealed good since the rain is hitting right there where it was leaking before". He is on vacation this week and with our luck it'll rain all week and we won't get anything done!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Shark
Shark
The gutters work! But the electrician didn't ask any questions and my dh is not happy. Installed the junction box where the freezer is suppose to go, and a big ugly pipe on the outside. Not good. I wouldn't let him call, it would have been ugly. But we do have the ability to move forward now, with finishing.

I have to paint my living/dining this weekend. I'm just beside myself about the color. I love colored walls with white trim, I don't like dirty doors, a conundrum of sorts. Any suggestions?

I can see where a crack between the gutter and the roof would present a problem.

Shark
Shark
Wow, I did that too. My post above was after page 3, not 4. So sorry about not making a lot of sense. But I do hope your rain gutter situation gets fixed.

We did design the garage and breezeway. I tear out pages from magazines, can you build this? He does, and he generally does it better than a contractor. It seems to me when it's your own, you are very particular about all of it, versus the "good enough" job.

My latest find was a tile shower from the handyman mag, it's beautiful. Don't know if we'll do it, but we both like it. The craft room will be built so shelves fit around a sewing cabinet that my grandfather built. We primarily focus on storage and cubbies. I love organization, (not that it looks like it), but the thought that it could be! Someday.

Koala
Koala
The guy that put in our gutters is supposed to come Sunday to fix the problems. Hubby called the siding company and said he didn't want that guy coming to fix anything as he screwed it up to begin with. The siding guy actually told my husband that he had already paid him and if he sent someone else then he would have to pay them. So who knows what will happen. I keep telling hubby, tell that guy to come and have a look for himself!

My mom and dad redid their bathroom and he put a tile shower with glass doors in. It is a big shower that a wheelchair would fit in as my mom will probably have to have wheelchair accesibility later in life. The only thing I wouldn't like was the glass door. What a mess to keep clean! They have a squeegy that you have to use after you shower and I guess that keeps the water spots away.

Your craft room sounds wonderful. I would love to have more organization in my craft room, but for right now it works pretty good.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Well, gosh - dontcha just love it when you write out a post and it disappears on you. I hit refresh instead of submit. Where is my head today? LOL

Connie - sorry to learn you are still dealing with those gutters. We are having (much needed) rain today. It is driving in the ants, again. I'm going to try cornmeal this time. I read that they take it back to the nest and then choke on it bec they can't digest it. We'll see.

Our prob with rain is it pours down the road and our driveway and floods our front yard. We are on a slope at the end of the cul-de-sac and, well...you can only imagine what water running downhill and coming to a stop must look like.

It's gotten better since we paved our driveway - at least it doesn't look like a muddy swamp anymore!

Iwonder - have fun painting this weekend! Use satin or glossy paint on the doors & they'll wipe clean. I love colored walls, white trim & doors, too. If we didn't use satin or gloss with 5 kids running thru the house, our doors would be stained forever! LOL

I'm an organized wannabe. I love organization, but am too busy defeating it by tearing things down or creating something new. Can't seem to stay on top of it. Then you add the kids... Pfew! Just isn't working. I love an organized craft room, tho. I have a fun book called Organizing Your Craft Space that has lots of inspirational ideas. Would be fun to implement some of them in my studio. I'm pretty much set for now, tho. If I expand to the basement, it will definitely come in handy.

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

Shark
Shark
Well it took me all weekend to decide what color to paint. Absolutely ridiculous. Hence, it's not done. Maybe this weekend. I decided on tan with white baseboard and doors. Still haven't decided on the adjacent kitchen though. Any thoughts?

Organized I'm not. Just a few random glimpses of it. It will happen, now that those that unorganized my organization are no longer at home, they can do it to their own homes. *Sigh* Yes, I have four that managed to go through everything, over and over.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.