Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I'm also new and child free. What does 'bingo' stand for?

I love this site!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Shark
Shark
K
Originally Posted By: Lady_T
I'm also new and child free. What does 'bingo' stand for?

Welcome, Lady_T! This may help explain what 'bingo' means - essentially, it refers to the good old cliches such as "Who will look after you in your old age?", "You'll change your mind" or "Isn't it awfully selfish not to have children?".

You mentioned in another post that you're working on your master's degree - may I ask what subject? Sorry if I'm being nosy, it's just nice to see another student here!

The emperor has no clothes. Choose The Childfree Life!
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi No Kids: I can completely relate to your post! I have lived in PA my whole life, and my fiance and I are getting married in a few weeks and moving to Florida. I couldn't be happier.

I can understand your frustration. Because I grew up around here, I run into people I knew from my youth a lot. 99.9% of them have of course gotten married and had kids. As you can imagine, I have very little in common with any of them. It is difficult to socialize with them, and I feel like when I spend time with people that are happy to live in the past, I am also somehow stuck. People grow and change and develop new interests. But when I run into these people, for example last weekend when we had a yard sale, they always seem to want to keep me in my place. Which is natural, because people don't like change. I realize that although the people I know here are nice, I don't have anything else to learn from them. And I am ready to move on.

I can see you as the woman wanting to move more than your husband. Women are a lot more obsessed with having children, and get a lot more pressure from their peers. I think that over time your husband might realize the limitations of your current setting. I agree that you can't plan your move around not wanting to leave friends. People move, have kids and become unavailable, take jobs in distant cities. Anything can happen. You have to decide what is best for the two of you as a couple.

You are definitely not alone. I cannot wait to move! I don't even care about saying goodbyes to most people, I just want to get out of here. I'm really restless and longing for a new and exciting environment. As Cher says in Mermaids "Death is dwelling on the past or staying in one place too long." I hope this works out for you.

Last edited by happytobechildfree; 09/13/07 01:00 PM.

Save your own life - don't have kids!
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Hi Manatee! Thanks for the clarification. I'm working on my masters in nursing. Good luck in your education!

OP Offline
Hi Happytobechildfree,

I really appreciate your post. My husband & I have had some serious talks lately about moving. Though I don't think I'll get to leave right now, I am hopefully for the next couple of years... but I'm not banking on it. It sounds like I'm waiting for my prison release doesn't it smile ? In the meantime, we are going to try to work our budget so that we can travel one weekend per month ~ nothing fancy, maybe to a beach or another local city ~ wherever is within a few hours drive from our home. That should help chill me out for a little while!

As you noted, my husband definetly doesn't do change well. He thinks if there's not constant complaining about something then the problem must have just solved itself and went away ~ poof just like that! Personally I'm a fixer not a complainer, so most of the time I'm not whining about my dissatisfaction with our location ~ but it doesn't mean I'm overjoyed with it! Who wants to fuss all the time? Please don't get me wrong, I adore my husband, we just don't agree on this topic. We were high school sweethearts who dated forever, and have been married over 10 years, so our frienship should be plenty strong to get us through this rough patch.

Anyway... Congrats on your upcoming wedding and you're move to Florida! Are you planning a big wedding or something a bit more manageable? I hope you guys will love Florida... all that beach and sunshine ~ life is good! How exciting that for the first time you'll get to spread your wings and meet different people in an entirely different neck of the woods. No more folks who've known you since you and everything about you since the beginning of time! That'll feel like a big breath of fresh air! Enjoy your new journey and keep us all posted smile.

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.