logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#300751 03/19/07 04:50 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The nominees have been announced and the speculation begins. Did your fave get a nod or were they shut out? How do you feel about the nominees, tired of the same ole, same ole or do you think they deserve it?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I live next to Music Row in Nashville and have written 400 songs. But I find it hard to relate to the awards. It is a clique and always has been. I just can't devote my life to Reba, Wynona & Brooks and Dunn.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I understand that the "mainstream" artists are the ones making money for their labels, but there is so much more talent out there that deserves to be recognized, IMO. I'm afraid this is going to be the Carrie Underwood show again, with her winning all the awards that she is up for. American Idol has a huge following and I understand that is a big part of her success at the moment, but there are other female artists out there that can sing.

That being said, I honestly think the closest race of the night could be the Duo of the Year award. Sugarland is hot and with them being moved into this category could really give Brooks & Dunn some competition. The other duos are good too, but Sugarland is the darling of CM at the moment. Vocal Group of the Year is probably going to go to Rascal Flatts again.

Male Artist of the Year, IMO, should go to Brad Paisley, but either Keith Urban or Kenny Chesney will probably walk away with that one. Keith Urban really didn't do much this past year so his nomination was a bit of a mystery to me, he didn't tour much and his CD was released later in the year.

I would like to see George Strait or Tim McGraw take home EOTY, but have a feeling it will be Kenny Chesney again. Tim had one of the highest grossing tours last year but didn't release a new
CD. What I would like to see is more women being nominated in this category.

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
That being said, I honestly think the closest race of the night could be the Duo of the Year award. Sugarland is hot and with them being moved into this category could really give Brooks & Dunn some competition. The other duos are good too, but Sugarland is the darling of CM at the moment. Vocal Group of the Year is probably going to go to Rascal Flatts again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.