logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#337290 08/30/07 04:28 PM
M
OP Offline
M
My adult step son hasn't talked to me or my husband for over a year (even after repeated attempts to communicate) right after we took our family of 5 (including him and his 2 sisters) on a great and expensive family vacation. The entire family had a great time as evidenced by "happy faces" on pictures. He stop talking to us right after the trip. When confronted, he repeatedly ignored the problem and stated something philosophical like "things are not always how you portray them". WE have consistently asked why and asked to work it out. Then, after months and before another family trip, he announced that everything was okay and that he would come with us (of course at our expense) and work it out at the family event. We said no. Not appropriate. Months and months went by again. Now, he is demanding that we forgive and forget, without even knowing what the problem is, and refuses to even talk about it or solve it. We have had repeated "control" problems with him in the past which we have always consistently shut down. How do we move on without risking his future controlling behavior?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
He sounds passive agressive, just refuse to play his game. He is getting something out of his behavior, whether its feeling like a marytr or what, he goes this for a reason.

Personally, I would sit down with my husband decide what the criteria your willing to accept from this step son. Lets say you decided that you are not willing to continue until he sits down and has an honest open conversation about what was and still might be troubling him. If you think it might help, involve a family therapist. Tell him, these are your terms, they are not negotiable period. Let him know the reason, you need to have peace and stability in your family and if he is going to be part of the family then this has to be dealt with.

I can't stand people who are controlling and manipulative, just don't play their game. What they want is to be able to treat you like [censored] and there be no reprecussions for it. Thats not the real world.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:12 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.