logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#319410 06/04/07 10:32 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Hello Everyone~ I noticed that there were several topics brought up asking the motives of others when talking about the environment and green movements.

I am a mom who decided to start a company that would help others just like me do a little something for the environment.

I don't think there is enough "popular" people to do all the work. I think the "popular" people want to be even more popular, so they talk about what is popular.

I am not popular - I just know we can do it.

Reduce the amount of stuff you buy!
Reuse the stuff you have or donate it to someone who will!
Recycle everything possible!

My name is Debi, I started GreenSak.com, You don't have to do everything, but you should do something.

Debi

Consider the environment before printing this email.

You Don't Have To Do Everything...
But You Should Do Something.

www.greensak.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
GreenMom #336740 08/29/07 08:41 AM
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Great site, GreenMom! I totally agree with you. Everyone should do what they can to be part of the solution, even if it's little things.

I no longer buy botted water. I bought a re-useable bottle, put a filter on my kitchen sink and take my own water places. It's less convenient and I did recycle the plastic bottles but I feel I'm teaching my children to be conservative in the way they live.

For people with kids, its very important to set a good example.

M
Shark
Shark
M
I grew up in the country. My grandmother carried water from the brook until she got fed up and started digging, (her husband passed away at a very young age.) Guilt prompted the men in the community to help. My parents raised me with a deep respect for water and what it can do for me, if I care for it. I have never taken a long shower in my life. When I waste water, by running it, waiting for it come hot, I think of people around the world who would appreciate that water so much. It can be very sobering. Our kids are born into an easy world, in some ways. They need to be shown how/why to respect our natural resources.

If we stop buying so much, eventually not right away, manufacturers will stop producing so much. And our earth can have a breather. The largest sorting house for distrubiting second hand clothes is in NY. THey sort over 70,000 pounds of used clothes every day. We may be ugly inside, but we look good on the outside. Is that what we want our kids to learn?

G
G
I just stopped buying water bottles, and I'm going to try to do more than that in the future so save the environment. smile

Goldfish #367469 01/18/08 09:39 AM
personally, I do my part by ensuring my car is in top shape, reusing what I can, walking where I can, and recycling whatever I can, be it a can or a bottle, or the newspaper's I deliver, I drop off the extras in the recycling bin, on my way home each week.

Xade #367534 01/18/08 01:20 PM
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
We've stopped buying water bottles and are looking into getting a couple of Sigg bottles to use.

We buy very little processed/prepackaged foods so I feel I'm doing my part there. If you buy mostly fresh ingredients there was less manufacturing and waste involved with getting them to my home. We also use reusable grocery bags because I got tired of having hundreds of them around at a time.

A lot of stores now offer a discount on your grocery bill, or in the case of Trader Joe's, an entry into a monthly contest if you bring your own grocery bags.

K i K i #388411 03/06/08 05:12 PM
THanks Deb. I love you

Moderated by  Farjana_Environment_Ed 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.