logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 134 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 133 134
Elephant
Elephant
looking forward to a day off where i am not running anywhere... doing anything I don't want to do... working my butt off with little gratification (tips to show you enjoyed the service).

I am going to cook. Play on the computer. Read more of Harry Potter book 7, and just enjoy my day off. Tomorrow starts way early!

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I'm glad IDon'tPlayWithTrolls and Jase joined us.

Today i'm looking forward to looking in the bedroom i'm working on... each day i work a little on it and it is showing improvements and that pleases me. Yesterday i was starting to repair gaps in a panel in the back of the closet... it's a several day process, because the patching compound you use a little at a time and let it dry. I also did another layer of paint on one wall and paint scraping on the windowsill.

I'm also looking forward to seeing my knitters this afternoon. They always cheer me up. Yesterday one of my knitters asked that we throw a surprise going-away party for the college student that's been with us for summer. We are collecting small knitting gifts for her to add to her "stash." smile The party will be next Friday.

I'm also looking forward to finishing some promotional materials for my classes, and hopefully printing them off today. I ran out of ink for my printer though... so i'm going to try to send the documents to the library and print them there. Then that job will be off my mind.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
It started to get cool yesterday and since last night it has been lightly raining. It feels like the beginning of autumn. I love the changing seasons here... we go from hot summer weather to winter cold and snow. The seasons seem to keep everything fresh and reminds us of the passing of time. Soon the large sugar maple in my front yard will start changing color. At it's peak it will look like it's on fire with oranges and red.

Today i can be home except for one errand. I'm going to work on my writing and take breaks by knitting for classes and working on the bedroom and cleaning house. It will feel good to make progress on these things.

I also usually bake a loaf of bread on Sunday for the week.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
im looking forward to going to bed,

Rosie L
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
skyhaven, I look forward to going to bed every day so I know how you feel.

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
aw.

i know it's hard. Sometimes i sit blankly for 20 minutes trying to think of things to look forward to, but it's worth it, so i always try to find three things. If i bother to look for things, it gets me turned around to where i'm feeling happier and have more energy.

This morning i'm looking forward to working hard and getting as much done as possible. I know i won't get as much done as i'd like but i'm just going to focus on a few things and at the end of the day i can see progress. Gradually i'm relearning how to make longer commitments to myself and others, doing a little every day but over the course of weeks, and that's really helping me to see progress in things like my fitness, my writing, and fixing up the house.

Also today i have a class i can look forward to, and my friend/co-worker E will be back from her trip today to visit her grown-up children.

And if i need a fourth thing to look forward to....

there's always coffee! laugh

Last edited by hollyelise; 08/21/07 10:44 AM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
That's right! Always look at the little things, too! (there's always tea, too!) Remember when we look forward to things at the beginning of our day, that it is equally important to look at ALL THE THINGS that we ACCOMPLISHED that day and list at 3 things! That way we are able to build our self esteem, too!

I am looking forward to talking to some friends on Bella, by phone, and paying bills, purging some paperwork and having dinner and a movie with my son and husband. wink

Trish

P.S. I have accomplished: 1) helping my son locate white crocs for his girlfriend ... SO I NEED to think of AND accomplish some more before bed. laugh

H
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
H
I'm trying to help 2 families... one is a friend of mine who's been looking for their first house with her husband. They've been looking 2 years, looked at many houses, and not felt they've found the right one. They made offers on two houses but their offers weren't accepted. The other group is a family that are friends of a friend, and they ran into financial difficulty, and are now trying to sell their home quickly before foreclosure. It would be a wonderful advantage for both the families so i hope it works out. My friend would get closer to the kind of big house in a nice neighborhood she wanted but couldn't afford, and a lot of extra equity, and the other family would be able to have some much needed money. It's been hard to get my friend to go over and see the house because she's just very nervous, but i finally got her to agree so i'm hoping i can set it up to go over in the next hour. Wish us luck!

Trish it sounds like you're going to have a lovely day!

I think accomplishments are great, but i think that many other things go into our value, and our self esteem shouldn't just be about what we get done. Sometimes we try and fail, but it's great that we tried. Sometimes we receive a compliment and that lets us know how we are valued by others. And sometimes it's just a quality we have.

For Trish: 2) You are a very intelligent lady, and 3) you wrote a great post!

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Good luck Holly.

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Originally Posted By: hollyelise
aw.

i know it's hard. Sometimes i sit blankly for 20 minutes trying to think of things to look forward to, but it's worth it, so i always try to find three things. If i bother to look for things, it gets me turned around to where i'm feeling happier and have more energy.

This morning i'm looking forward to working hard and getting as much done as possible. I know i won't get as much done as i'd like but i'm just going to focus on a few things and at the end of the day i can see progress. Gradually i'm relearning how to make longer commitments to myself and others, doing a little every day but over the course of weeks, and that's really helping me to see progress in things like my fitness, my writing, and fixing up the house.

Also today i have a class i can look forward to, and my friend/co-worker E will be back from her trip today to visit her grown-up children.

And if i need a fourth thing to look forward to....

there's always coffee! laugh

What kind of coffee you love?

Page 18 of 134 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 133 134

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.